Premed 101 Forums

interview score?

My guess is that UofT uses a similar process. Instead of using additional questions to guage your personality, UofT uses a MC personality test to differentiate between candidates that receive similar interview scores. However, which personality results place you under what recommendation category is beyond me. I am just speculating though...could be way off!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guise, I just got my Feb dat scores back:

Bio 27

Chem 28

RC 26

PAT 29

Carving 28

Are those good scores? I'm kind of worried about my bio score. Is that good enough for canadian schools or should i just try for the states?

Not gonna lie, those are pretty pathetic scores. I recommend you end all ambitions towards dentistry immediately, and spare yourself the embarrassment of being rejected later on. How could you only get 27 on bio? Bio is like the easiest section. If you look at the LOWEST DAT scores for the accepted class, they are all at LEAST 29.

Oh and 28 on carving? I would NEVER trust anyone with that type of dexterity to EVER perform operations on my mouth.

Time to move onto Plan B, my friend. You're just not cut out for dentistry.

Honestly, what is with these people???

I really believe that a lot of people here are just posting these ridiculous stats/scores to either freak people out, and to make others feel inadequate. Or maybe they did horribly on their dat/interview, and they are using the internet as a means of developing some alternate life in which they feel superior.

Nevertheless, if you have scores like that, you would NOT be asking how good they are.

And to be honest, scores such as those are not very realistic coming from a person who spells "guys" so incorrectly.

you know this is a lie because there's no such score of 28 for carving

HAHAHA. love it.

I'm not gonna use the word 'owned,' because I hate it. But I feel like its totally appropriate here.

People, people, people. The interviews are over. Theres nothing left that we can do. Its out of our hands now. Theres no point in trying to scare anyone because what's done is done, and we will find out our results in 3 months.

Not to mention the fact that everyone in this thread is applying for the class of 2013 (presumeably), so recently received DAT scores in no way affect the current applicant pool.

Oh, and I almost forgot. Feb DAT marks come out in 2 weeks. People should really do a bit of research before they start scamming these threads.

HAHAHA. love it.

I'm not gonna use the word 'owned,' because I hate it. But I feel like its totally appropriate here.

People, people, people. The interviews are over. Theres nothing left that we can do. Its out of our hands now. Theres no point in trying to scare anyone because what's done is done, and we will find out our results in 3 months.

Not to mention the fact that everyone in this thread is applying for the class of 2013 (presumeably), so recently received DAT scores in no way affect the current applicant pool.

Oh, and I almost forgot. Feb DAT marks come out in 2 weeks. People should really do a bit of research before they start scamming these threads.

agreeeeeed! we're supposed to be helping each other out.. urrrrgggh

although, there actually is one school that accept Feb DAT scores.. U of Sask

Dear lord... It is getting kind of sad in this thread. This is an open forum, believe everything with a grain of salt. Just don't be naive. For all applicants, just try your best on every aspect of the process, who cares if the person next to you truly score 34/35 or 30 across the board on the DAT. Are you not going to apply or drop out of the applicant pool because of that.

I sat as an interviewer for 2 years, scoring 35 is not that hard, CDA looks for certain phrases for you to score 5/5 per questions. Likewise, I scored an applicant a lowly 12 as well.

Relax ppl, beside there is nothing you can do now to change anything for this app cycle.

________

Mazda Kabura Specifications

this thread has gotten so out of hand! its ridiculous.

I'm with eebee, the entire application process is over, besides final exams for this year, if they matter for anyone (they do for me!)

so continuing this conversation serves no purpose. but I did have a good laugh reading everyone's response. this is truly an online forum discussion 'at its best' haha.

Dear lord... It is getting kind of sad in this thread. This is an open forum, believe everything with a grain of salt. Just don't be naive. For all applicants, just try your best on every aspect of the process, who cares if the person next to you truly score 34/35 or 30 across the board on the DAT. Are you not going to apply or drop out of the applicant pool because of that.

I sat as an interviewer for 2 years, scoring 35 is not that hard, CDA looks for certain phrases for you to score 5/5 per questions. Likewise, I scored an applicant a lowly 12 as well.

Relax ppl, beside there is nothing you can do now to change anything for this app cycle.

Wow, 12? What were their answers like?

you know this is a lie because there's no such score of 28 for carving

you don't know that.. how many people get each standardized score changes every testing date. It is based on the normal distribution of each new testing population's results.

HAHAHA. love it.

So what are you trying to say? There is a point in trying to scare people, so long as you try and scare people EARLIER in the application cycle? really?

Have you not been properly following this thread?

1. UWO scores are not allowed to be given out.

2. scores are out of 35...making your score impossible.

Unless your statement serves no other purpose than to mock this thread...in which I will respond with a "haha"

Are you also this stiff in real life? the person who posted those crazy DAT scores, and the other person who posted the CDA interview of 45 were clearly just mocking the OP with their ridiculous claims. Relax and ease down.

Based on you slew of posts, Contach, I wouldn't be so quick to criticize the posts of others.

Last time I checked, these threads were pretty anonymous, so the fact that you are so knowledgeable as to the intentions of these "jokers" is quite impressive.

And no, I was not saying that people should try to scare others earlier. I was simply stating that if that were his/her intention, it would have no effect.

AND, no. I am not stiff in real life, nor am I stiff in this forum. Hence the "haha" attatched at the end of the post. You should try it sometime...adding humour into your life, as opposed to seeking out threads in the hopes of criticizing people and trying to bring them down. I've noticed that some of your posts have been quite helpful. Seeing as this is indeed a forum to help others, I would stick to that.

Honestly, I think we should put an end to this thread because I don't believe it is benefiting anyone.

Hey hey hey, I brought the fun into this thread! lol.

And then it got all weird and accusatory.

That being said, its a little hard not to read your comments when they are directed towards me, haha.

Seeing how popular this thread is, I say we use it to our advantage!

Anybody wanna share some entertaining stories about the most recent round of inerviews?

Oh wow! I cant believe they asked that.

I would be completely honest in my answer, cuz Im sure they're just dying to bust the kid who says "gee, I only applied here."

They know most have us applied to more than one place, how could they not. What did you say?

Ps, did anyone have the cute old man? For the life of me I cant remember his name. I was so nervous shaking his hand, haha! He was so sweet, though.

speaking of which....was there any significance of the red group/blue group division....it also seems that some questions were more individually focused towards the end as i have heard different ppl getting different questions...

How would they know they got different questions? Didn't they all sign the confidentiality agreement? :rolleyes:

Archived