Premed 101 Forums

interview score?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
does anyone know what a score of 34 means? I just found out that's what my interview score was.

That sounds a little bit fishy, because now, in Canada, nobody can know their interview score on account of the fact that scores can be transferred. If people know what score they got, and they happened to have done very well, they can just send their scores and not attend any interviews...an advantage that would be highly unfair.

I cant even find out my interview score from last year...and that was a completely different round of interviews.

does anyone know what a score of 34 means? I just found out that's what my interview score was.

I agree with eebee, I'm pretty sure no interview scores are given out anymore, so seabreeze, how exactly did you find out your interview score?

and if you did find out that it was 34, I think that the person who told you would also tell you that you did very well because its out of 35?...

If you really did find a way to find out your score, I don't think that you would've had to ask what it was out of on these forums.....

I agree with eebee, I'm pretty sure no interview scores are given out anymore, so seabreeze, how exactly did you find out your interview score?

and if you did find out that it was 34, I think that the person who told you would also tell you that you did very well because its out of 35?...

If you really did find a way to find out your score, I don't think that you would've had to ask what it was out of on these forums.....

well put!

I thought something just didnt add up. I'm glad somebody else noticed it too.

It's not a mandate from the CDA or anything that the schools don't tell you the interview scores, it is a decision of the school. Prior to last year, UWO told people their scores; prior to this year, UBC let you know you interview "percentile"; and Alberta still does tell you your score out of 35. It just depends on the school...

Btw congrats to the OP.. that is an awesome interview score!

Stop fooling people and try to analyze what they are actually trying to see in you from CDA structured format and dont just remember how to do answers well but try to bring those traits in you coz if such a liers start becoming members of health profession its a problem for mankind. People have lots of expectations from a guy in white coat so be mature and stop spreading rumors.

That sounds a little bit fishy, because now, in Canada, nobody can know their interview score on account of the fact that scores can be transferred. If people know what score they got, and they happened to have done very well, they can just send their scores and not attend any interviews...an advantage that would be highly unfair.

I cant even find out my interview score from last year...and that was a completely different round of interviews.

I don't see what the problem is for wanting to know your score. What exactly does it matter if he got his score early or even if he's just sniping/trolling on a forum? Score transfer? So what? He earned the score he got. Focus on improving your interview skills. Just relax, it's not a big deal.

Hey freebird,

Its not the issue of wanting to know your score, its that schools across Canada wont LET us know our scores. But apparently I was mistaken and U of A does give out scores...according to smilee.

Hey, if UWO would let me know my score I'd be all over it!

Too bad they can't give it out :(

Stop fooling people ... coz if such a liers start becoming members of health profession its a problem for mankind. People have lots of expectations from a guy in white coat so be mature and stop spreading rumors.

Woww.. I was just trying to be helpful :confused:. But if you somehow know more about this than the people who actually interviewed at U of A, and who have had their scores released to them by the admissions committee, then feel free to ignore my 2 cents.. :rolleyes:

You are not trying to be helpful but trying to make others scared by your score. If you are so smart to get 34 don't you have common sense to know how much its out of. You sounds stupid asking this question on forum and at the same time you are such a genius to get 34. Hard to believe.

Besides the fact that it wasn't smilleee who said she got a score of 34 (it was seabreeze - incase you can't figure out how to navigate to the first page to check), you need to calm down.

lol...:cool: oh my...

You are not trying to be helpful but trying to make others scared by your score. If you are so smart to get 34 don't you have common sense to know how much its out of. You sounds stupid asking this question on forum and at the same time you are such a genius to get 34. Hard to believe.

A 34 is an amazing score. But its not impossible you know....many interviewee nail 30's+ to get to where they are in D-School. And if your newbie to the D-School process, you may have not known its's out of 35.

Besides the fact that it wasn't smilleee who said she got a score of 34 (it was seabreeze - incase you can't figure out how to navigate to the first page to check), you need to calm down.

lol...:cool: oh my...

That's exactly what I thought reading the posts:D ...LOL...I was like "poor smilleee did not even say a thing about his or her scores :eek: " ....did I miss something :confused:

Woww.. I was just trying to be helpful :confused:. But if you somehow know more about this than the people who actually interviewed at U of A, and who have had their scores released to them by the admissions committee, then feel free to ignore my 2 cents.. :rolleyes:

Smilee, you are being helpful for pre-dents. No worries :)

Hey guys, I just got a score of 45 from my UWO interview. Do you think that's a good score?

Have you not been properly following this thread?

1. UWO scores are not allowed to be given out.

2. scores are out of 35...making your score impossible.

Unless your statement serves no other purpose than to mock this thread...in which I will respond with a "haha"

Are you sure that the traditional questions at the end aren't included in your score? I heard that they "can be used"...

Thats right. Technically, they are not included in your score, but at the very end they can write comments, and check off whether or not you are "not reccommended", "sorta reccommended", or "highly reccommended" for dental school. And that has somewhat of a bearing on your interview.

I was told by a past interviewer that they use those additional UWO questionas at the end to give them added insight into your personality. I was told they do not count towards your 35 marks; however, they do mark down either: strongly recommended, recommended, or not recommended candidate from your responses to those questions. It may be that if two people receive the same CDA interview score, say 30/35, but one received a strongly recommended and the other a not recommended based on the UWO answers, then this would determine their relative ranking (obviously there are more factors and it is more complicated then that), but I think that's how they are used.

Hope that helps!

I was told by a past interviewer that they use those additional UWO questionas at the end to give them added insight into your personality. I was told they do not count towards your 35 marks; however, they do mark down either: strongly recommended, recommended, or not recommended candidate from your responses to those questions. It may be that if two people receive the same CDA interview score, say 30/35, but one received a strongly recommended and the other a not recommended based on the UWO answers, then this would determine their relative ranking (obviously there are more factors and it is more complicated then that), but I think that's how they are used.

Hope that helps!

ohhhhh!! didn't know that. thanks for clearing this up.

i completely thought that it was just to eat up time at the end haha

Hey guise, I just got my Feb dat scores back:

Bio 27

Chem 28

RC 26

PAT 29

Carving 28

Are those good scores? I'm kind of worried about my bio score. Is that good enough for canadian schools or should i just try for the states?

Archived