Premed 101 Forums

interview score?

does western make decisions like UofT in that they accept the top students per room/group of interviewers? (to account for marking differences between groups of interviewers)

is that really how UT does it? Can I ask where you heard this from?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like no matter what the system is, some people who deserve to get in wont, and some people who dont will. There's no way to ensure that everything is perfectly fair.

If they were to go by that rule, and one panel gets a bunch of crappy kids, and one panel gets a bunch of amazing kids, by chance...then one crappy kid gets in over an amazing one.

Then again, if they go by just their score, then those marked by an easy panel will have a better shot.

A lot of it is luck, but I think at the end of the day they try to make it as fair as possible.

i heard it from elite interview...when i went for a session this year

the person looked very confident about this information

she even said that every year, UofT tries something "different"? for instance, one year, they decided to take in ppl who aced carving as an experiment but this turned out really badly

so every year, we don't know the 'special factor' they're going to test out

Honestly, what is with these people???

I really believe that a lot of people here are just posting these ridiculous stats/scores to either freak people out, and to make others feel inadequate. Or maybe they did horribly on their dat/interview, and they are using the internet as a means of developing some alternate life in which they feel superior.

Nevertheless, if you have scores like that, you would NOT be asking how good they are.

And to be honest, scores such as those are not very realistic coming from a person who spells "guys" so incorrectly.

I agree. and LOL @ "guys"

Not gonna lie, those are pretty pathetic scores. I recommend you end all ambitions towards dentistry immediately, and spare yourself the embarrassment of being rejected later on. How could you only get 27 on bio? Bio is like the easiest section. If you look at the LOWEST DAT scores for the accepted class, they are all at LEAST 29.

Oh and 28 on carving? I would NEVER trust anyone with that type of dexterity to EVER perform operations on my mouth.

Time to move onto Plan B, my friend. You're just not cut out for dentistry.

Hilarious. But i hope he doesnt take you seriously! He might not actually know (but HIGHLY unlikely)

you know this is a lie because there's no such score of 28 for carving

This made me laugh too. I dont know how the carving works but in my DAT there were only set marks as well. Dont know if 28 was a number (didnt look that high up haha)

So what are you trying to say? There is a point in trying to scare people, so long as you try and scare people EARLIER in the application cycle? really?

Are you also this stiff in real life? the person who posted those crazy DAT scores, and the other person who posted the CDA interview of 45 were clearly just mocking the OP with their ridiculous claims. Relax and ease down.

/end ironic post of the thread?

hey! sorry but 45 is not a possible score.. maybe 45 / 3 interviewers = 15

that would be a possible score....

it's out of a possible 35 because there are 7 questions each worth a maximum of 5 points

I just thought of a solution. I heard they drop the lowest interviewers mark, so 45 might be the sum of the two best ones?

Most likely the 45 was posted as a joke though.

Not really entertaining but at the end of my UWO interview they asked if I had applied anywhere else? What do you think they were looking for in this answer?

Honesty I think. Dental schools are very competitive so saying you have applied other places isn't the worst thing in the world; the student/faculty member obviously know how hard it is to get in!

I feel like no matter what the system is, some people who deserve to get in wont, and some people who dont will. There's no way to ensure that everything is perfectly fair.

If they were to go by that rule, and one panel gets a bunch of crappy kids, and one panel gets a bunch of amazing kids, by chance...then one crappy kid gets in over an amazing one.

Then again, if they go by just their score, then those marked by an easy panel will have a better shot.

A lot of it is luck, but I think at the end of the day they try to make it as fair as possible.

I think youre right. The only way they can try to spread it evenly across the board is to use a marking scheme for answers. That way no matter how hard the interviewer is, if your answer fits what they want, you get the points. But in the end we are all human, so if they like you you might do better :D

As for the op, I think this was posted as a joke (or he's REALLY that oblivious haha)

Had a good time reading these posts, but I am going to hijack this thread a bit and put it back on track. So, Margaret Edghill at UofT, who is the faculty registrar, said that we should be getting back admission decisions way before the stated May 1st deadline. Someone also posted on this forum that UofT gave back results last year by April 11th. Now UofT seems to send out all correspondance on friday's at the end of the day. So, my guess is that we will be hearing from UofT on good friday!

I have also heard from several people in UofT that each pair of interviewers roughly interviews 10 people over the course of the 2 days. So they will rank those people they have seen and the top 3 get in. I guess the rest of the people are ranked according to a formula to determine if they are waitlisted or rejected.

I have also heard from several people in UofT that each pair of interviewers roughly interviews 10 people over the course of the 2 days. So they will rank those people they have seen and the top 3 get in. I guess the rest of the people are ranked according to a formula to determine if they are waitlisted or rejected.

I dunno, this would mean that GPA is not factored into the results after getting an interview. And going by past entrance GPA scores, that doesn't seem very likely.

any guesses what the mean gpa will be for UfT acceptances?

With the GPA inflation these days, I wouldn't be surprised if it was at least 4.0

Friday is a holiday so I highly doubt that they will send out the results.

Actually last year was sent on Good Friday as well...;)

My guess is next Tuesday (I put Monday at first, but I forgot, that's Easter Monday).

As for the GPA question, who knows, but in past years it's been 3.91 and 3.94. Obviously they weigh the GPA quite heavily since the mean GPA for an interview this year was 3.83.

Archived