Premed 101 Forums

Minerva Status Change IP Applicants

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am NOT at McGill right now (graduated last year). Under my application summary, I do not see the financial aid box. However, I do see the "Financial Aid" TAB next to the Applicant TAB (along with Main Menu, Student...). When I click on the Financial Aid tab, I do see the "Apply to McGill's Entrance Bursary Program" though I cannot fill a bursary application. Does anyone else have the same thing as me?

wow, i go for 2 hours and there are like 7 new pages on this thread. crazy. Anyways. yes i am IP but never went to McGill for those who were interested in figuring this formula out (THX...)

But really everyone, I don't think we can jump to conclusions, and I hope no one is getting too discouraged just because their Minerva isn't the same, we really have nothing to base any of our theories on...

Mischa, can you access the apply to entrance bursary section under the financial aid tab?

I called the admission office to try and figure out what this means, and let them know of this glitch if it is indeed a glitch. They said it was just speculation - and we'll know tomorrow.

How many of us don't have the financial aid thing on our decision page?

It may be premature to assume it means we are not in if we are only 2-3.

haha i remembered.

Honestly Minerva is probably programmed to open up menus to students based on their status. Whether or not we see this status is up to the administrators (ie mcgill med). IF own statuses are known to minerva, there must be no way for mcgill med to disable the option to offer students financial aid.

That being said, if they do have the decisions, why not release them to us?

I called the admission office to try and figure out what this means, and let them know of this glitch if it is indeed a glitch. They said it was just speculation - and we'll know tomorrow.

Ohhh wow! you actually called! I'm sure they would have no idea of something like that, because as it was said earlier, it isn't expected that all of us would be cooperating on the forum to figure these things out.

haha i remembered.

Honestly Minerva is probably programmed to open up menus to students based on their status. Whether or not we see this status is up to the administrators (ie mcgill med). IF own statuses are known to minerva, there must be no way for mcgill med to disable the option to offer students financial aid.

That being said, if they do have the decisions, why not release them to us?

I agree, but I assume they are waiting still because there probably are a few last minute ones they are on the fence about, and then they need to decide the order of the waitlisted people too.

It would be nice to get an email - rather than having to figure it out by scouring a forum...

But I guess it can't be helped.

I have nothing better to do, but if you really do want to wait until the emails are sent then spending time on this thread is just a bad idea, its not doing anyone any good really, just freaking everyone out!

exactly, why would they make an entrance bursary application available for some people and not others? It can only mean that we were accepted...

ohhh don't be saying things like that. You are only hurting the people who don't have it and potentially yourself if it turns out that theory was dead wrong and you didn't make the cut.

Wow! Amazing what just a few hours can do on this forum.

If I may say so, you are all adding to the frenzy of what I presume is just speculation. It seems to be reaching the level of mass hysteria, and that is never a good thing. This may be one of those times where some things may be better left alone/unsaid. Go and let this thread be, otherwise be a victim of your own doing.

no financial aid box here either...i am an ex-mcgill student with a financial aid profile previously filled out however. I dunno if this means anything, or if my past application plays a part. But if this turns out to be an indicator...what a horrible way of finding out...really. Good luck to all.

Archived