Premed 101 Forums

Verifiers contacted?

• 4 weeks later...
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know someone who was accepted despite NOT having any verifier contacted?

Tei

Yes. None of my verifiers were contacted. As echoed before, contact of verifiers is not an indicator for admissions.

Ya this issue is scaring me a bit too.

It makes sense, as OPPyayouknowme said, for them to contact only those people who they have short listed...but i guess there are many people who havnt had verifiers contacted and were still accepted?

Ya this issue is scaring me a bit too.

It makes sense, as OPPyayouknowme said, for them to contact only those people who they have short listed...but i guess there are many people who havnt had verifiers contacted and were still accepted?

It has no bearing on your admission status so don't lose sleep over it. For all we know it could be some sort of study.

It has no bearing on your admission status so don't lose sleep over it. For all we know it could be some sort of study.

Oh, I'm not losing sleep, its just the principle: What are they studying? If I'm telling the truth? Why have a verifiers section if short-listed applicants have nothing to lose? Hypothetical scenario: the admissions office contacts 50 random verifiers of applicants rejected post-interview. Why? They were rejected! It makes common sense to contact 50 random verifiers of applicants short-listed for May 15th. They have something to lose, not the rejectees. The admissions office in the future better get this straight...study or no study.

Oh, I'm not losing sleep, its just the principle: What are they studying? If I'm telling the truth? Why have a verifiers section if short-listed applicants have nothing to lose? Hypothetical scenario: the admissions office contacts 50 random verifiers of applicants rejected post-interview. Why? They were rejected! It makes common sense to contact 50 random verifiers of applicants short-listed for May 15th. They have something to lose, not the rejectees. The admissions office in the future better get this straight...study or no study.

Actually, you could still make a study: you could randomly compare the honestly of interviewed vs. non-interviewed or low-ranked or high-ranked applicants that way.:P

The admissions office in the future better get this straight...study or no study.

I'm sure that the admissions officer, with more years on the job than you probably have been living, does have this straight. Apologies for coming across as harsh, but the admissions office does far more work than many people can appreciate.

Oh, I totally understand that the admissions office does a lot of work. Kudos to them! My concern is that more focus should be on verifying future doctors, not rejectees. Simple as that.

LOL - most of this years "rejectees" ARE future doctors. Frankly, getting an interview is the more meaningful cut according to admissions presentations at both U of C and U of A.

probably that it shows you are a competitive candidate, regardless of whether or not you receive an acceptance. a former professor of mine told me that minus a few exceptions, a school deems all interviewees suitable for medicine/their program, but due to a limited number of positions, cuts have to be made.

Archived