Premed 101 Forums

Canadian School Vs. American School

Que

Hey everyone, this is my first time posting on premed101 and it looks like a real cool forum:D

I've been wondering about the difference in going to med school in Canada in comparison to US or any other International School for that matter.

It appears that getting into med school abroad is much easier than here in Canada, so then why don't most people simply apply abroad?

I suspect it's because most would like to work in Canada, which brings me to the last question:

What are the pros and cons of working in Canada vs US?

Thanks in advance for the help!:)

Hey everyone, this is my first time posting on premed101 and it looks like a real cool forum:D

I've been wondering about the difference in going to med school in Canada in comparison to US or any other International School for that matter.

It appears that getting into med school abroad is much easier than here in Canada, so then why don't most people simply apply abroad?

I suspect it's because most would like to work in Canada, which brings me to the last question:

What are the pros and cons of working in Canada vs US?

Thanks in advance for the help!:)

In this case, you're the one who decides the pros and cons. It depends on whether you like the Canadian Healthcare system or the American Healthcare system. Dig some info about 'em.

In this case, you're the one who decides the pros and cons. It depends on whether you like the Canadian Healthcare system or the American Healthcare system. Dig some info about 'em.

It's more than just that. You have to live in and raise your kids in the country you work in too. (Amongst other things)

Archived