Premed 101 Forums

Money in the third and fourth year

NiV

Does anyone know how much do med school students get paid for rotations in the third/fourth year of med school?

Do Canadians even get paid :confused: or do we have to pay for the rotations as well?

I was hoping to secure some money in this manner for med school tution.

Does anyone know how much do med school students get paid for rotations in the third/fourth year of med school?

Do Canadians even get paid :confused: or do we have to pay for the rotations as well?

I was hoping to secure some money in this manner for med school tution.

Students don't get paid in 3rd and 4th year... no matter what your citizenship is. You are paying tuition for the right to receive that hospital experience.

In Canada You get paid for doing I believe its called clerkship or something in the third and fourth year of medical school. You do have to pay your med school tution for having a RIGHT (thats a pretty expensive RIGHT) :) to do rotations.

Thanks for the info THX

You can call a few schools but I'm like 100% sure it doesn't happen in the US. You're a student...you're paying to learn.

Maybe you're thinking of a resident salary? Because if you're working 80 hours a week for ~$40K a year that's something like $7/hour.

Archived