Premed 101 Forums

Poor college grades

Guest BCmedic

Guest BCmedic

From what I understand, your pretty much stuck with any W's or F's you receive while in university. Does the same apply for poor grades from college courses?

As far as I know, you have to submit all post secondary ecucation transcripts.

Yup, that is pretty clear in the manuals - what is more interesting I think is whether they would actually count against you at most schools. Seems like a bit of gray area - the courses cannot count towards your GPA for consideration as it wouldn't be grades from a qualified school, but you do have to submit them.

For one thing I guess it would be a very good idea if there was NO overlap between the college and the second university degree.

I was wondering what would happen if you never submitted one of your transcripts. They say that your application would be dropped but would this actually happen? I mean can they actually track which schools you attended in your post secondary years?

I would consider it waste of time to submit a transcript from a college that contains a year's worth of french classes. And then to get my application rejected because I took two french courses over 7 years ago seems a bit extreme to me....but isnt that how it goes?

I was wondering what would happen if you never submitted one of your transcripts. They say that your application would be dropped but would this actually happen? I mean can they actually track which schools you attended in your post secondary years?

I would consider it waste of time to submit a transcript from a college that contains a year's worth of french classes. And then to get my application rejected because I took two french courses over 7 years ago seems a bit extreme to me....but isnt that how it goes?

That gets asked every once and awhile here. Truth is it isn't exactly anything anyone has tested and publicly reported on - the results of getting caught are so terrible that it just isn't worth it. If they EVER find out you will have the degree revoked (you get to keep that massive loan though), and in some cases are charged with fraud. All around pain and suffering. There is is the strong suspicion there are ways to find out. There is certainly a paper/electronic trail produced with you take any course - the various government levels know for sure for one - both federal and provincial.

Also for the most point it doesn't impact you at schools due to their specific regulations. The courses are too long ago, not taken at a university, not taken full time, the schools have ways of not considering some courses ..... What I expect they really don't want to see is you taking the college courses in the exact same area as you are in university. That isn't fair.

Hello there,

I took the college route before attending uni. For a number of reasons, it is imperative you send ALL college and uni transcripts in with your application. They (OMSAS) don't use the marks in your GPA calculations (darn for me), so I'm not sure why you'd want to risk not sending in your college transcripts?

Good luck!

H

Archived