Premed 101 Forums

Once you actually get into dental school...

I'm not sure about other schools, but if you look on Western's website u can actually see their schedules. So, its pretty much planned out for you. Plus, the class sizes are quite small as is it, so you have to take that into account.

I didn't know you can see the schedules. thats interesting.. im gonna go take a look now.

but to answer the original question, I can't imagine people taking electives, I mean unless you REALLY wanted to take a language for interest sake, I suppose you could... but I don't think anyone does, you probably don't want to spend your limited spare time taking another course at school...

Guys you're seriously IN class 40 hrs a week. Then you've got all the homework, labwork, patient management and other crap so it's probably closer to 70 hrs a week, like 36 weeks of the yr, with 12+ classes. Personally I'd like to get more than 4 or 5 hrs sleep a night but you guys might want to take underwater basket weaving just to spice things up. My buddy wanted me to take a carpentry course with him 3 nights a month and I'm having trouble fitting that in so I'd forget about electives.

wow you guys have a tough schedule......my 2nd year from January to August was utter hell, but other than that, i thought dental school was a lot of fun with lots of free time.......seems like you dont have much time to go pick potatoes in PEI after all, eh Alex?

Archived