Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So when you guys sell text books, do you put in a higher prize than you want to sell it for? I always get these people asking me if the prize is negotiable :mad:

No. I just put in a low price that I want to actually sell it for--most students don't want to have to barter.

So when you guys sell text books, do you put in a higher prize than you want to sell it for? I always get these people asking me if the prize is negotiable :mad:

I usually sell books at half the bookstore price. When I put it up, I add an extra $10 because 80% of the people who've ever contacted me ask for a reduction. Then I drop the 10 bucks to the original half-bookstore price I had in mind.

Best deal I've made so far is selling a book and CD for 140, when the bookstore price was 200. It was in such good condition that I just couldn't lower the price. Around 7 people asked for a reduction and I said no, and this one girl just paid for it the very next day, no bargaining at all.

Wish I could do that, lol.

I don't - just don't have the time to go through the process of arguing.

Exactly.

I kept all of my books until the end of my degree. I will keep two or three of them (never want to part with them--I refer to them!), but the others I am now willing to part with.

I usually advertise it for more than what I want. I always check the bookstore prices first (and see how much they're selling the used ones for) and then adjust my prices accordingly. That way if someone wants to negotiate, I'm still getting approximately what I want (and they think they're getting a good deal because I negotiated) or if they pay it outright, I'm getting more than what I expected.

I was once able to turn a profit on one of my textbooks... I bought it off a friend for $80 in September (used price in the bookstore was $85, new was $100)... and then by Winter, the prices in the bookstore jumped to $140 new and $120 used (same edition and everything). I managed to sell mine for $100 :D. I doubt that happens very often though...

My dad keeps trying to tell me I should sell off his old accounting books for him. I keep telling him that I'd have a hard time giving them away for free, considering his books are like 25ish years old, and my books from less than 4 years ago are already "old" and "obselete" (because they changed one or two diagrams in the entire book (or just changed the end of chapter questions)... and all of a sudden you can't sell the textbooks anymore even though they're still perfectly fine:mad: .. lol). Maybe in the fall I'll advertise my textbooks as "Textbook Y... and one mystery book FREE". lol

I just got back from a four day hiking trip to Mount Robson. It was absolutely fantastic. The weather was warm and sunny without being overly hot and it was cool at night, but not too cold. I must say that the Berg Lake Trail has some of the most incredible scenery packed into a small place that I have ever seen.

Do not fear the teeny bobbers...I just bought 3 pairs of shoes for $10. I go during school hours ;)

I bought a pair of flip flops there once. The worst pair I've ever worn in my life. I like their funky keychains though. I always lose them, so it's great to get more cheap ones :)

I bought a pair of flip flops there once. The worst pair I've ever worn in my life. I like their funky keychains though. I always lose them, so it's great to get more cheap ones :)

I don't like flip flops. But I have a wonderful pair of boots, 2 pairs of sandals, and about 3 pairs of flats from there. You have to be careful which footwear you pick out, I agree.

Scarves...I love their scarves....

so aparrently I am too enthusiastic because I just wore out the exclamation mark key on my keyboard. It looks like I am going to have to tone it down a little.

LOL!!! Excited people everywhere, take heed.

On a side note some of my passwords contain an one in them and so does my Visa number. There goes online ordering - this is going to be interesting.

... no online ordering?! The horror!!

... no online ordering?! The horror!!

Really. It is that terrible. I can't express how much it effects my ability to do things....

:)

In all seriousness this keyboard served me for many years, several thesis and thousands of hours of programming over many a all nighter. It is also perfect for my typing style. When it is replaced it will be missed

so aparrently I am too enthusiastic because I just wore out the exclamation mark key on my keyboard. It looks like I am going to have to tone it down a little.

My space bar is toast on one side and my exclamation point is really dirty. I have a dirty left pinky.

Archived