Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like a crappy date?

And cnb88, at least you get to have summer now. My residency starts in 3 days and I have 80 pages of readings I've neglected because of the MCAT! FML.

Oooh... that sucks! Read outside? Then you get a summer... ish?

At least the MCAT is over! :D

You know what I'm NOT reading? Anymore VR passages, cause I just finished my MCAT baby!

Meeeeee tooooooo! :D
*high fives*

THANK YOU SKY, THANK YOU. ('tis raining, heat broken)
I could not agree more. But the temperature is supposed to go up at the end of next week again. *sigh*

I like rain! its soothingly calm sometimes yet can be unrelentingly savage! If I was an alchemical element, I would be water :P

bah...I got to work, and had to stand under the dryer in the bathroom for like 20min. And my shoes are still soaking wet! My umbrella did absolutely nothing to keep me dry!!

bah...I got to work, and had to stand under the dryer in the bathroom for like 20min. And my shoes are still soaking wet! My umbrella did absolutely nothing to keep me dry!!

I wore shorts and light porous shoes... completely dry in like 5 min :P

Speaking of elements, did anyone else see The Last Airbender. It was such a disappointment compared to the TV show. On the other hand, Toy Story 3 is the best movie of the summer so far. There was actually an equal split in my theatre between parents&kids and people my age who saw TS1 when they were young.

Speaking of elements, did anyone else see The Last Airbender. It was such a disappointment compared to the TV show. On the other hand, Toy Story 3 is the best movie of the summer so far. There was actually an equal split in my theatre between parents&kids and people my age who saw TS1 when they were young.

I saw it on opening day... worst movie EVER... looked cheap and underproduced... Made me grimace during and after, cause they lost all the stuff that made avatar awesome and put in the bits THAT MADE NO SENSE without actually having seen the series. I love that bit about where ozai called zuko the blue spirit... FAR TOO SUDDEN!!! What boggles me is that apparently it was the second highest box office opening that weekend....

just think... shyamalan actually thinks that this will be the next harry potter. Maybe... but it would require someone OTHER than him as the director :P

I saw it on opening day... worst movie EVER... looked cheap and underproduced... Made me grimace during and after, cause they lost all the stuff that made avatar awesome and put in the bits THAT MADE NO SENSE without actually having seen the series. I love that bit about where ozai called zuko the blue spirit... FAR TOO SUDDEN!!! What boggles me is that apparently it was the second highest box office opening that weekend....

just think... shyamalan actually thinks that this will be the next harry potter. Maybe... but it would require someone OTHER than him as the director :P

Glad you agree!

Walking out of the theatre my bf and I were like "That was terrible" and everyone else was all "OMG!!! That was so cool!!!!" :confused:

Glad you agree!

Walking out of the theatre my bf and I were like "That was terrible" and everyone else was all "OMG!!! That was so cool!!!!" :confused:

you're kidding? i saw people in my theatre who held their heads in shame the entire movie... My buddies wanted to cry from the epic failness of the movie... but the tears wouldnt come

Glad you agree!

I saw this movie on Thuesday with my friends and I completely agree with you guys, it was one of the worst movie I've ever seen in the past 5 years.

The movie was actually in French and in 2D so it might have worsened the "cough" piece of art "cough". The doublage was awful and unsynchronised.

The actors did a very bad job and we laughted several times during serious scenes because of actor's piètre performance.

However, the visuals were cool and the tickets were only 5$ each.

I saw this movie on Thuesday with my friends and I completely agree with you guys, it was one of the worst movie I've ever seen in the past 5 years.

The movie was actually in French and in 2D so it might have worsened the "cough" piece of art "cough". The doublage was awful and unsynchronised.

The actors did a very bad job and we laughted several times during serious scenes because of actor's piètre performance.

However, the visuals were cool and the tickets were only 5$ each.

i cant begin to imagine this movie if it had bad french dubbing ON TOP of everything else... or was the dubbing at least done well?

*sigh* ... I feel your pain - while walking to the lab this morning, I was splashed with muddy water from a passing car ... TGIF

*sigh* ... I feel your pain - while walking to the lab this morning, I was splashed with muddy water from a passing car ... TGIF

If you record their licence plate number, I believe they (or their insurance company) is responsible for your dry cleaning (or at least this is what I've heard, I don't know how true it is)

If you record their licence plate number, I believe they (or their insurance company) is responsible for your dry cleaning (or at least this is what I've heard, I don't know how true it is)

This is definitely true if a BUS splashes you. Get the route # and the time that the splashing occurred and if you contact the transit people, they will reimburse you for dry cleaning and/or replacing the ruined garment (if the dry-cleaner deems it is uncleanable, which you probably shouldn't have been wearing in the rain to begin with).

Archived