Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*sigh* ... I feel your pain - while walking to the lab this morning, I was splashed with muddy water from a passing car ... TGIF

My shoes are finally dry!!!!! Just held them under the dryer for another 20min.....for like the 3rd time today :)

Wet clothes, I can deal with. Cold feet make me very unhappy :(

Speaking of elements, did anyone else see The Last Airbender. It was such a disappointment compared to the TV show. On the other hand, Toy Story 3 is the best movie of the summer so far. There was actually an equal split in my theatre between parents&kids and people my age who saw TS1 when they were young.

Totally agree! I absolutely loved it! I think it is my favouritest of the franchise:D (Haha... I love when Buzz goes Spanish:p)

I saw it on opening day... worst movie EVER... looked cheap and underproduced... Made me grimace during and after, cause they lost all the stuff that made avatar awesome and put in the bits THAT MADE NO SENSE without actually having seen the series. I love that bit about where ozai called zuko the blue spirit... FAR TOO SUDDEN!!! What boggles me is that apparently it was the second highest box office opening that weekend....

just think... shyamalan actually thinks that this will be the next harry potter. Maybe... but it would require someone OTHER than him as the director

Haha... He hasn't directed a good movie since..... Unbreakable. And even that didn't have much box-office success. Every movie since then has been such a WTF?. I think he lucked out with The Sixth Sense actually. Hahaha.... that reminds me of the Robot Chicken where they were parodying his movies.... "What a twist!" (Damn... I was going to post the skit here... darn you youtube for never having the Robot Chicken piece I want!:mad:)

EDIT: Guess what I'm NOT doing today.... that's right no studying for me! :D.... I'm going to let my brain leak out my ears since I hopefully won't need it for awhile. lol

*cough*

Apparently he has other skills.

Date 4 coming up!

LOL that's even more funny! Are you serious?

Speaking of elements, did anyone else see The Last Airbender.

Pure FAIL. Saw it on opening day. People were actually laughing at certain scenes. When he said "I need to speak with the dragon spirit!" I was : Drool_4.gif

If you record their licence plate number, I believe they (or their insurance company) is responsible for your dry cleaning (or at least this is what I've heard, I don't know how true it is)

I was wearing track pants and an old shirt, so I'll just throw my clothes in the wash and they'll be good as new! Thank goodness for laid back lab attire :cool:

(Poor pre-law ppl have it tough wearing suits to internships.)

So...someone got clocked at 133km/h on the highway yesterday. :rolleyes:

Yikes, where on the highway. Yesterday I was driving back home from the metric concert after having been at work all day and I was so exhausted that I definitely should NOT have been driving. Anyway I was kinda in a trance while driving and realized I was driving at 170 on the 407W by Mavis. WTF. I quickly slowed back down, but yeah, I definitely was too tired to drive yesterday. I'm so lucky there's no cops because they regularly hide near that exit ramp.

Where'd you get the ticket?

So...someone got clocked at 133km/h on the highway yesterday. :rolleyes:

Having just arrived back in Canada after being in Germany, that sounds SO slow to me! I will definitely have to remember to slow down when driving here.

So, I'm back on Canadian soil. Lufthansa business class is definitely the way to go for trans-Atlantic flights. Our two Sphynx cats were in the cabin with us (and were quite the hit with everyone who met them) and we had fantastic service. It made the 8 hour flight bearable! The massaging chairs were nice too. :)

Now I'm in Ottawa and dealing with jet lag. Fortunately, we don't start our cross-country trek by car to Edmonton until next Thursday. Gives me some time to recover here in Ottawa while visiting family. And my husband will be doing most of the driving anyhow. ;)

It's very weird being back in Ottawa. Couldn't just run out to the corner store to pick up a couple of beer last night, and couldn't tell my sister to bring her (opened) beer with her when she left last night (my mom was driving).

Anyhow, I'm very glad the trip was stress-free for me, my husband and our two cats. The kitties didn't like take-off and landing (and were VERY loud, especially on the landing), but were otherwise happy and quiet with my husband and I right there, able to pet them in their carriers on the plane.

I'm not the only one who's working through my vacation...right?

You're not alone

I am working in the kitchen of a Nursing home in Montréal. The heat & humidity of the last days have killed me. It was uncomfortable and hard to work well.

40°C with humidex factor outside, around 30°C inside with fans, giant dishwasher machine running with 180°C water/vapor...

At least it has rained yesterday, so today it's a lil bit colder and less humid :)

Having just arrived back in Canada after being in Germany, that sounds SO slow to me! I will definitely have to remember to slow down when driving here.

So, I'm back on Canadian soil. Lufthansa business class is definitely the way to go for trans-Atlantic flights. Our two Sphynx cats were in the cabin with us (and were quite the hit with everyone who met them) and we had fantastic service. It made the 8 hour flight bearable! The massaging chairs were nice too. :)

Now I'm in Ottawa and dealing with jet lag. Fortunately, we don't start our cross-country trek by car to Edmonton until next Thursday. Gives me some time to recover here in Ottawa while visiting family. And my husband will be doing most of the driving anyhow. ;)

It's very weird being back in Ottawa. Couldn't just run out to the corner store to pick up a couple of beer last night, and couldn't tell my sister to bring her (opened) beer with her when she left last night (my mom was driving).

Anyhow, I'm very glad the trip was stress-free for me, my husband and our two cats. The kitties didn't like take-off and landing (and were VERY loud, especially on the landing), but were otherwise happy and quiet with my husband and I right there, able to pet them in their carriers on the plane.

At least the weather's nice here (Ottawa) right now. Tuesday/Wednesday was atrocious.

I just found out that my (belated) birthday present is a pair of tickets to see Arcade Fire this Tuesday. Woot woot!!!

At least the weather's nice here (Ottawa) right now. Tuesday/Wednesday was atrocious.

I just found out that my (belated) birthday present is a pair of tickets to see Arcade Fire this Tuesday. Woot woot!!!

WHOOOOOO!

I read that as "I just found out that my (belated) birthday present is a pair of tickets to see Sea World this Tuesday. Woot woot!!!!"

(Uh....)

I bet you did well cnb!

Thanks! I hope so! I bet you did well as well!:D Now just to wait for the marks......

Man, cleaning my closet takes a lot of work!!!

Ugh... My room has exploded in the past few weeks- not looking forward to cleaning it. Books, papers, pens EVERYWHERE. Seriously. You'd think a tornado hit my room. I think my closet is the only place free from destruction :S

So...someone got clocked at 133km/h on the highway yesterday.

And I'm effing killing my body with very little sleep and huge amounts of caffeine. Yesterday I literally forgot to eat. Like I had a cream cheese bagel and that was it. lol!

Speed Demon:p... and being anorexic is not the best way to lose weight......

Yikes, where on the highway. Yesterday I was driving back home from the metric concert after having been at work all day and I was so exhausted that I definitely should NOT have been driving. Anyway I was kinda in a trance while driving and realized I was driving at 170 on the 407W by Mavis. WTF. I quickly slowed back down, but yeah, I definitely was too tired to drive yesterday. I'm so lucky there's no cops because they regularly hide near that exit ramp.

Where'd you get the ticket?

:eek: 170?! I think you get the new title of Speed Demon, Law! lol!

So, I'm back on Canadian soil. Lufthansa business class is definitely the way to go for trans-Atlantic flights.

Lufthansa is definitely the best when it comes to flights period. Air Canada could learn a thing or two from their customer service, etc. Even flying economy they were so helpful and friendly! Too bad it's mostly Air Canada that has flights to Germany:rolleyes:

Happy (belated) Birthday! (Not sure how belated it is... but Happy Birthday anyways!)

Going to get my new phone today... Blackberry Bold. I thought I was going to go with WIND, but it turns out that their service in Edmonton literally cuts up and doesn't cover my house or neighbourhood at the moment (they cover the QEII all the way to Leduc, they cover both Leduc and Nisku, and yet they don't have coverage over my house? lol... it's not like I live far from the QEII....). Not sure when they'll be getting service in that area, and if I'm paying ~$45 a month I want to be able to use my phone at home too! lol. Found that Virgin Mobile has a killer student plan... so going to go talk to them about it. They don't have to know that I'm technically graduated right? I mean, my student ID is valid until 2011 after all :P.......

More shocking than the temperature, due to my daughter's curiosity over what her new found friend's (slugs, both named Fred) were doing...I know retain the knowledge of the following horrifying sexual act:

Apophallation is a commonly seen practice among many slugs. In apophallating species, the penis curls like a corkscrew and during mating often becomes entangled in the mate's genitalia. Apophallation allows the slugs to separate themselves by one or both of the slugs chewing off the other's penis. Once its penis has been removed, the slug is still able to mate using only the female parts of its reproductive system.

More shocking than the temperature, due to my daughter's curiosity over what her new found friend's (slugs, both named Fred) were doing...I know retain the knowledge of the following horrifying sexual act:

Apophallation is a commonly seen practice among many slugs. In apophallating species, the penis curls like a corkscrew and during mating often becomes entangled in the mate's genitalia. Apophallation allows the slugs to separate themselves by one or both of the slugs chewing off the other's penis. Once its penis has been removed, the slug is still able to mate using only the female parts of its reproductive system.

you mean we are supposed to do it differently?... :confused:

omg... I'm trying to register my new phone.... been on hold for half an hour already... at least the hold music is good:D haha... plus it gives me time to add all my new contacts in It is kinda hard typing with one hand though:rolleyes:

Cnussey: that's just..... weird. Interesting... ish... but very strange. You learn something new everyday I guess:rolleyes:

EDIT: 55 minutes later... they tell me to turn off my phone and turn it back on again and then it's good to go. Really? AN HOUR for that?! :rolleyes:

Archived