Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ladies and gentlemen that are still part of ROBBERS wireless. The 6gig/$30 data package is back! Get it before its gone again!!!

On a side note rogers wants to screw me again. They want to take away one of my data discounts ($5/mnth) for me to have it. Damn you robbers!!!! :(

I'm now in mtl having a rough day of settling in. Yea I pretty much have no furniture, bed, internet, tv, lights, etc. Lol. I'm literally sitting on the carpet and entertaining myself with my bb. I should've thought this out more....

Don't ever order from Ikea online. It's been a week and I'm still without furniture and no delivery date in sight (although my estimated delivery date was July 31). At least Sleep County delivered my mattress on time, and Rogers hooked up my internet on time. Oh well, in the meantime I can sit on the floor and watch the tv that is on the floor. At least you have carpet, I have hard wood. Tomorrow FedEx will deliver my belongings, and as I have nowhere to put them due to my lack of furniture, I can use the boxes as extra seating and tables!

Trying to choose a good haircut for med school... appt is on Thursday so I've got some time to decide, but I'm torn between wanting a change and not wanting to risk a bad cut right before school starts.

Go for it! What's the worst that can happen. Yes, you only get one chance to make a first impression, but you have 3 yrs to make up for it.

Trying to choose a good haircut for med school... appt is on Thursday so I've got some time to decide, but I'm torn between wanting a change and not wanting to risk a bad cut right before school starts.

I didn't get my "med" hair until November. :) But I lost about 5-6" in my cut, so I needed the courage for it. My hairdresser lady wouldn't cut that much in one go. I had to go in for 2" and then the other 3" a week later.

Go for it! What's the worst that can happen. Yes, you only get one chance to make a first impression, but you have 3 yrs to make up for it.

True. I've got unruly waves though, so I'm a little worried to get something I can't manage and show up looking like a crazy cat lady ;-)

I'll probably go for something like this:

images%3Fq%3Dkelly%2Bclarkson%2Bhair&usg=__NRYej0tbmIDoASfvBSoix4lAvvk=&sa=X&ei=SUpXTJPDBYK78gb3zsHABA&ved=0CCAQ9QEwBA

But I'm a little tempted by this:

images%3Fq%3Dmandy%2Bmoore%2Bhair%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26sa%3DX%26rls%3Den%26biw%3D967%26bih%3D576%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=356&vpy=254&dur=2913&hovh=186&hovw=150&tx=107&ty=93&ei=mEpXTPeaAdm0nAfkr5WFAw&page=1&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:0

On the other hand, I might want to do something that will grow out into this:

images%3Fq%3Dmandy%2Bmoore%2Bhair%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26rls%3Den%26biw%3D967%26bih%3D576%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&ei=g0xXTOyYJeiAnAe5wK2YAw&page=1&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:12,s:0&tx=57&ty=54

Decisions, decisions! :D

I didn't get my "med" hair until November. :) But I lost about 5-6" in my cut, so I needed the courage for it. My hairdresser lady wouldn't cut that much in one go. I had to go in for 2" and then the other 3" a week later.

Ah yes, I love how freaked out hairdressers get when you want to make a major change! None have ever made me come back in multiple visits before, but I did have one that sat me down and asked me over and over again if I was absolutely sure about the change I wanted.

I found that finding a similar-ethnicity style haircut really worked: there was no way I was ever going to get "the Rachel" and have it look good!

Keeping in mind I have no idea what you look like, my fav of the three is probably the one in the middle. It's edgy and looks like mine. ROFL. No bias there, what-so-ever, right?

:D The first one looks like it takes too much work that I would ever put into my hair. For the other two: sometimes bangs look good on people, and sometimes not. I keep a razor blade in my bathroom to do my own bangs. I don't have time to go back to get people to do them!

In other news, my mother is mad at me because I refuse to be made fun of by doctors. Humph. I am not born for you to make fun of.

I found that finding a similar-ethnicity style haircut really worked: there was no way I was ever going to get "the Rachel" and have it look good!

Keeping in mind I have no idea what you look like, my fav of the three is probably the one in the middle. It's edgy and looks like mine. ROFL. No bias there, what-so-ever, right?

:D The first one looks like it takes too much work that I would ever put into my hair. For the other two: sometimes bangs look good on people, and sometimes not. I keep a razor blade in my bathroom to do my own bangs. I don't have time to go back to get people to do them!

In other news, my mother is mad at me because I refuse to be made fun of by doctors. Humph. I am not born for you to make fun of.

I love the one in the middle too... I had one somewhat similar for part of high school and it was great. If growing it out from there weren't such a major pain in the a** then I would definitely go for that one.

What seems to be working is going through all my old facebook pictures remembering which cuts worked and which didn't, lol. I had a chin-length bob for a while in 3rd year that I loved, maybe I'll go back to that!

I love the one in the middle too... I had one somewhat similar for part of high school and it was great. If growing it out from there weren't such a major pain in the a** then I would definitely go for that one.

What seems to be working is going through all my old facebook pictures remembering which cuts worked and which didn't, lol. I had a chin-length bob for a while in 3rd year that I loved, maybe I'll go back to that!

I am so jealous! Chin-length hair is what I love, but I can't do... it makes my face really fat and square and not very nice at all. I tried doing chin-length so many times and ended up looking very blehhhhh.

I love going through my pics ... I didn't know I had accumulated so many on FB. That's a great idea! I might do that ... my non-bang days were terrible.

I am so jealous! Chin-length hair is what I love, but I can't do... it makes my face really fat and square and not very nice at all. I tried doing chin-length so many times and ended up looking very blehhhhh.

I love going through my pics ... I didn't know I had accumulated so many on FB. That's a great idea! I might do that ... my non-bang days were terrible.

It's weird, people with round faces (like me) aren't supposed to be able to pull off chin-length, and yet it seems to work for some reason. Plus, with the kind of frizzy curls I have I basically have to straighten my hair every time no matter what style I have -- so the shorter it is, the less styling time I need! :D

I love going through my facebook pics till I hit the ones from 1st year (before I knew anything about hair straightening or makeup application!)

It's weird, people with round faces (like me) aren't supposed to be able to pull off chin-length, and yet it seems to work for some reason. Plus, with the kind of frizzy curls I have I basically have to straighten my hair every time no matter what style I have -- so the shorter it is, the less styling time I need! :D

I love going through my facebook pics till I hit the ones from 1st year (before I knew anything about hair straightening or makeup application!)

LOL, you are gonna have to teach me some makeup application tricks :)

I am very envious. I wish I had curls. I have ram-rod straight. I sometimes run a straightener over it for fun ... but who knows... I am tempted to dye it, but I mean, it's black. There's not much you can do with that! :)

LOL, you are gonna have to teach me some makeup application tricks :)

I am very envious. I wish I had curls. I have ram-rod straight. I sometimes run a straightener over it for fun ... but who knows... I am tempted to dye it, but I mean, it's black. There's not much you can do with that! :)

Ah, I'm so jealous of the stick straight hair! I would save so much time not having to blowdry/straighten every day!

I waited until a really quiet day at MAC cosmetics and then went in and explained what sort of makeup I wanted to be wearing on a regular basis; I also openly admitted that I knew nothing whatsoever about makeup and had the woman there teach me all about application - it's an expensive makeup store, but the lesson was invaluable and surprisingly a couple of essentials from their collection didn't end up being all that pricey. I'd be happy to share the knowledge, though I'm sure there are those who are better qualified to tell you about such things! :)

Ladies and gentlemen that are still part of ROBBERS wireless. The 6gig/$30 data package is back! Get it before its gone again!!!

On a side note rogers wants to screw me again. They want to take away one of my data discounts ($5/mnth) for me to have it. Damn you robbers!!!! :(

This temps me to get an iPhone4...with my corp discount, I could get a very sweet plan for $50+tax. But, I HATE APPLE. I wish Rogers would carry more high end Nokias, although the N97 mini is pretty nice

Call retentions, get the $5 discount back, and ask for a further $5 discount because you are unhappy with what they did :D

This temps me to get an iPhone4...with my corp discount, I could get a very sweet plan for $50+tax. But, I HATE APPLE. I wish Rogers would carry more high end Nokias, although the N97 mini is pretty nice

Call retentions, get the $5 discount back, and ask for a further $5 discount because you are unhappy with what they did :D

Haha. Not that simple. I have $48 in credits on my account. No one is very inclined to give me $5 credit back and another $5 credit on top of that. Would work with fido retention but not rogers...not anymore at least. :rolleyes:

One of the other RFDers had this same threat and still went ahead with it. He/she still has the $5 data discount on his account so maybe its an empty threat, or maybe it will disappear by month's end....too early to tell. What I do know is that I need effing tethering like RIGHT NOW! I got 2 months of unlimited data and (currently) no hardline internet in my apartment! :mad:

Ah, I'm so jealous of the stick straight hair! I would save so much time not having to blowdry/straighten every day!

I waited until a really quiet day at MAC cosmetics and then went in and explained what sort of makeup I wanted to be wearing on a regular basis; I also openly admitted that I knew nothing whatsoever about makeup and had the woman there teach me all about application - it's an expensive makeup store, but the lesson was invaluable and surprisingly a couple of essentials from their collection didn't end up being all that pricey. I'd be happy to share the knowledge, though I'm sure there are those who are better qualified to tell you about such things! :)

I went to a makeup class in Hong Kong @ Clinique ... that didn't end up too well ... I am about as blind as a bat without my glasses on, and so I've given up on ever doing anything with eyes. LOL.

I also picked up a magnifying mirror at Shopper's the other day so I'll see what I can do with that. MAC scares me with their bright colours, but I"ll see what they can do for me. Thanks!

Archived