What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Walking to my first day of o-week! :D

Whee! Congrats! :)

Any progress Caylynn? :)

Nothing yet. So much for classes supposedly having spaces in them after the deposit deadline.

Ah well, I will be making my trek to the university tomorrow to hand in my lovely stack of letter of permission requests. :P

Well, I FINALLY have a class schedule for the coming year. It's not the easiest or the prettiest, but I don't have any morning or evening labs (I hate evening labs especially) and no evening classes! *cheers*

So I have:

Fall

Organic Chem II (2nd year)

Intro to Microeconomics (1st year)

Literature in Global Perspective (1st year)

Intro to Personal Health and Well-Being (1st year)

Food Microbiology (3rd year)

Winter

Intro to Management for Agri-Food... Businesses (3rd year)

Intro to Cell Biology (1st year)

Intro University Chemistry II (1st year)

Intro to Macroeconomics (1st year)

The Cultural Ecology of Food and Health (2nd year)

So really, the only tough courses are orgo II and food microbiology. Although I've heard the cultural ecology course can be really tough because the prof is really bad - but we'll see what happens. I could swap the health & well-being course with a third-year nutrition course (principles of nutrition) but then my semester might be a bit heavy.

I could also swap orgo II for "Introduction to Sociocultural Aspects of Leisure and Sport" and plan to pick up orgo II next summer.

My only economics background is my engineering economics course, which I learned absolutely nothing in, but everyone says the intro econ courses are easy, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Cell bio should be easy since I've studied the subject material though, just over about 3 different courses, so I couldn't get direct transfer credit for it.

I'm "meh" about the English, but the prof I have is supposedly quite good, and the reading list is a bunch of short stories and only one novel, so hopefully it won't be too bad. Although my writing for arts courses always ends up with lower marks than I expect - I write too much like an engineer. :P

I'll also be experiencing "curving" of grades for the first time. At Guelph, in engineering, marks weren't curved at all, so you knew all along where you stood in the course, and what mark you needed on the final to get a given mark overall in the course. Now I'll be having all my courses curved, and I'm not certain I'll like that. I hate the whole uncertainly of it, and the fact that I'm graded relative to the rest of the class, not on my personal competence. :( I guess I'll get used to it, but I really hate the fact that I can go into an exam with and A, get an A on the exam, and end up with a lower final mark. It just seems so full of uncertainty to me. :confused::mad:

It's funny how sometimes you just realize it is you and the world and no one else. And then you realize that 3/4 of the people in your life are only passing through and no one "really" cares. They all say they do - but it's just a saying.

I must say it's a horrible feeling. Lesson #1 (and I really hope this one sticks with me for the rest of my life): actions speak louder than words. It doesn't matter what someone says - they could be blatantly lying or might be saying the truth (you will probably never know) - but actions matter. Period. Lesson #2: Never tell people how you feel. Show them how you feel.

Lesson #1: actions speak louder than words.

Lesson #2: Show them how you feel.

I judge a person by their deeds (only). Their actions say it all. Their words, without being supported by action, are meaningless.

Some people claim to like me or love me. So what. If I don't like the way they show they like me or love me, they are gone. I try to keep life as simple as possible.

Caylynn, why not consider swapping Organic Chem II for for "Introduction to Sociocultural Aspects of Leisure and Sport", picking up orgo II next summer.

And substitute the health & well-being course with a third-year nutrition course (principles of nutrition). This way you will still have a balanced year.

Sounds good - congrats! :P

I judge a person by their deeds (only). Their actions say it all. Their words, without being supported by action, are meaningless.

Some people claim to like me or love me. So what. If I don't like the way they show they like me or love me, they are gone. I try to keep life as simple as possible.

Well, so do I. Except some people are just full of words so you're tempted to trust them. And then others are full of actions that clearly show how much you mean to them and people tend to ignore it.

When you think about it, really 3/4 of people are sayers and not doers. It's gotten to the point where you won't find people who "do" things. Those who "do" them are rare.

*snip*

I must say it's a horrible feeling. Lesson #1 (and I really hope this one sticks with me for the rest of my life): actions speak louder than words. It doesn't matter what someone says - they could be blatantly lying or might be saying the truth (you will probably never know) - but actions matter. Period. Lesson #2: Never tell people how you feel. Show them how you feel.

Those lessons are very true. Actions do speak louder than words and it is very important to show others how you feel.

Caylynn, why not consider swapping Organic Chem II for for "Introduction to Sociocultural Aspects of Leisure and Sport", picking up orgo II next summer.

And substitute the health & well-being course with a third-year nutrition course (principles of nutrition). This way you will still have a balanced year.

*nod* Good suggestions. The more I think about it, the more making those swaps make sense. Thanks for helping me think this through. :)

Well, so do I. Except some people are just full of words so you're tempted to trust them. And then others are full of actions that clearly show how much you mean to them and people tend to ignore it.

When you think about it, really 3/4 of people are sayers and not doers. It's gotten to the point where you won't find people who "do" things. Those who "do" them are rare.

The underlined part can be a fatal error! I only trust those who have proven or earned their trust and usually, this is a result of extenuating circumstances where the individual has proven him/herself. Words are cheap. Especially, haha, when a person says 'you can trust me'! I trust myself!! Mind you, there is san expression, "keep your enemises close (so you can keep an eye on them and see what they are up to) ( or 'keep your friends close and your enemies closer").

Archived