Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel AWESOME. Really, there's no reason to feel this way, but I'm almost going to crash through the roof with excitement. Life. is. awesome.

And no, I'm not high or drunk. I just woke up and this feeling is still there since yesterday. LOL. Hope it stays with me for the next 4 months. :D

I don't know what it is, but my preceptor for this rotation is riding me HARD. Even the other resident made a comment about it today.

There is nothing fun about working 12+ hour days for every day of the week (while you're getting paid for 7.5hrs 5 days of the week), then rushing home and working on presentations and research projects until you can't keep your eyes open anymore, sleeping for 4-5 hours, then doing it all over again.

Residency (pharm) sucks.

I don't know what it is, but my preceptor for this rotation is riding me HARD. Even the other resident made a comment about it today.

There is nothing fun about working 12+ hour days for every day of the week (while you're getting paid for 7.5hrs 5 days of the week), then rushing home and working on presentations and research projects until you can't keep your eyes open anymore, sleeping for 4-5 hours, then doing it all over again.

Residency (pharm) sucks.

You need to check the rules of that either a) with the pharm residents's union or B) with the Alberta Employment Rules/Regulations thing (can't remember the exact name of the it- when I do, I'll let you know). I know the rules for med residents is different because you essentially sign away your rights as an employee in order to do the residency. Not sure if that's the same with pharm or not. You should check it out- if anything at least you'll know if there's anything you are entitled to, or if you're basically everyone's b!tch as a resident.

beauty day in AB.

I finished the Sopranos series last night. Still a bit hung up on the ending but I think I have a firm belief on what it all meant. I also now get the "Don't Stop Believin'" reference in the Premed Song thread.

Sopranos ending was epic.

If you think about it, there are IMO 2 or 3 very real possibilities about what happened at the end.

Anyone mind if I spoil the ending? lol

Sopranos ending was epic.

If you think about it, there are IMO 2 or 3 very real possibilities about what happened at the end.

Anyone mind if I spoil the ending? lol

without spoiling the ending, the conversation that Tony and Bobby have in the fishing boat while at the cabin is a perfect setup for the ending.

without spoiling the ending, the conversation that Tony and Bobby have in the fishing boat while at the cabin is a perfect setup for the ending.

At the same time, there are some things in the finale that just don't add up. They are small things, but...those things could show the opposite, and it ties into one of the main themes of the show as well (which could also show how the the fishing boat talk led to the finale).

At first, I thought the way you did, but after watching the finale 2 or 3 times, I began to realize otherwise.

Nooooooooo!

I've never seen any of it!!

(I spent all my TV time on LOST over the past 6 yrs LOL!)

It is a must watch. I loved the show so much that I wound up finishing the series in like, 2 weeks or something crazy like that, lol

At the same time, there are some things in the finale that just don't add up. They are small things, but...those things could show the opposite, and it ties into one of the main themes of the show as well (which could also show how the the fishing boat talk led to the finale).

At first, I thought the way you did, but after watching the finale 2 or 3 times, I began to realize otherwise.

It is a must watch. I loved the show so much that I wound up finishing the series in like, 2 weeks or something crazy like that, lol

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Don't RUIN it. I was going to watch it after I go to Waterloo because I won't have anything else to do and I don't know anyone. lol (so sad)

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Don't RUIN it. I was going to watch it after I go to Waterloo because I won't have anything else to do and I don't know anyone. lol (so sad)

Just don't let it control you like it did to me, lol

But, by far, one of my favourite (if not my favourite) TV series. Even watched it a second time this year

Dragged myself to the university medical clinic today since my eczema is driving me batty. Have some lovely steroid cream and some nice prescription-strength antihistimines now. :P My Ontario provincial health card is still in my maiden name, so had some fun at reception, but she managed to get everything straightened out (I brought every possible piece of ID I had with me. :D)

Also, a whole bunch of courses opened up today, so I've changed my schedule for Fall and Winter one final time. I'll have to take organic chem part II next summer, but it was offered at U of A this summer, so hopefully it will be again next summer. Or if I can get a letter of permission request approved, I can take it through Athabasca next summer.

So my schedule is now filled with courses that will count either towards my major or my minor. :) With three first-year courses each semester, since they are all courses I didn't take during my first degree that are needed for my program (things like English and economics - yuck). If the curve doesn't kill me, I should do okay in all of those. :) Then the second- and third- year courses I'm taking each semester are all nutrition and/or food science related, so while they cover more advanced material, it's also material I'm much more interested in!

Archived