Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
C'mon is that true?

:P Well, technically I guess I'm a woman, but definitely of the female gender. ;)

My textbook list for the fall is out, and my nutrition course requires the same textbook that I've used for two previous nutrition courses. :P Of course, it's the 13th edition, and I currently have the 9th and 10th edition. (I have two of them because one was given to me by a friend - I didn't even have to buy it used.) I'll have to see if a lot has changed between the 10th and 13th editions, because it would be kind of silly to end up with three copies of the same textbook. :rolleyes:

You're full of stereotypes. Thanks for calling me a guy and gay 2nd night in a row. lol.

P.S. I love Yoda. My favourite character ever. And I'm a big fan of Mr. Miyagi from "The Karate Kid". Does that change your opinion?

Oh yes, and I'm also sure you can't wrap your mind around the fact that I enjoy all of the sports - because girls don't do that.

Yoda is awesome! :D. Haha, and I like all sports too! I guess that makes me a guy too?:rolleyes: lol

So I'm just sitting in a little cafe at the TO airport waiting for my flight home. Had such an awesome time- saw and did so much. Pretty sweet for my first trip alone! Saw the Jays game yesterday, and even though they lost, it was still so good! Lol- I was heckling Jeter pretty bad... So bad he turned around at one point :P haha! Also- Overbay threw a ball at me at the end of the top of the 9th- but it missed me by 2 rows- if only I were a few inches taller! :P lol. But yeah- such a good trip... I don't know if I want to go home! Lol.

Yoda is awesome! :D. Haha, and I like all sports too! I guess that makes me a guy too?:rolleyes: lol

RyanMaverick should get over the stereotyping and putting all girls into one pile. lol.

To Maverick: You really shouldn't go through life putting people into separate buckets. Not all girls are the same... just like not all guys are.

I also dislike make up and long talks about fashion and lipsticks. Does that make me more of a guy? No.

I think there are a few girls who are somewhat boyish in here.

My hair is probably shorter than most guys, and I work in an auto repair shop.

Also: Now now, Yoda lovers, stop fighting!!!

Haha... just because we enjoy sports/beer/Yoda/have short hair/work in "guy" type of jobs (I'm doing an engineering degree of some sort) doesn't mean we're boyish. It means we encompass diversity, which in my belief every woman should possess. There is nothing more annoying than a girl who has no clue about anything other than fashion (especially shoes), make up and pedicures/manicures/tanning salons.

It works other way around - there's nothing more annoying than a guy who only knows how to lead a discussion about sports and cars.

It's all about having a bit of both sides and being balanced.

Hello people of the internets! Its 7am EST and I'm awake. Why? Cause yesterday I ended up spending too much time reading random crap on p101 and got to my 8:35 small group session at 9:00. Probably made for an awesome first impression. So I've decided to wake up earlier to accommodate this lovely website and all of you into my morning routine. :D

Simon, I know you are reading this. Post dammit, POST!

(^ lurker from Mcgill)

I ended up going to lecture 10mins late. And then sleeping through at least some part of all the lectures today. This somehow doesn't seem like a winning strategy. :rolleyes:

MD Physician Services and the Canadian Medical Association have been requested by the University of Ottawa not to distribute the backpacks this year, in compliance with a new University policy.

We will be hosting a BBQ on Sept 9 for students, to provide the same information and answer any questions you may have about your financial future, both short term and long term, and look forward to working with you as an ongoing member benefit.

If you require more information on this new school policy, we suggest you contact the Associate Dean of Professional Affairs or the Aesculapian Society's VP of Sponsorship.

I'm pretty disappointed...

I'm pretty disappointed...

If you get the first year students to wirte a cogent letter to the Dean - perhaps an open letter - you may get sdome relief. Even to the Senate.

A tradition is being upset. You would need to review the new policy andfind a reason to overturn it as with respect to med students.

It is only over if you guys accept it as being over. Gee, every other med school in Canada allows it, so it does not appear to make any sense.

I ended up going to lecture 10mins late. And then sleeping through at least some part of all the lectures today. This somehow doesn't seem like a winning strategy. :rolleyes:

This, somehoww, does not surprise me. :P

I'm in North Bay now! Got new temp licenses today, signed all documents, etc. Trying to wire our money to the lawyer and Credit Union is being silly (because our Credit Union is the one in HFX and not in ON)...

I'm selling my kids. Any takers?

Just registered for my classes...weee :)

I assume this is a conditional offer and not legally binding. :D What about shannn's classmates?

Shann's classmates will have to find their own wonderful benefactors. :D

I really will be wanting to get rid of mine anyways. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, and I don't mean to freak you out, Shann. I'm not a stalker. :o

I just see a way I may be able to help a little and want to offer it (that's the way I am, why d you think I'm choosing this profession!). :)

Anyways, it is conditional on my admission (50/50 chance, the way I see it right now) but the offer will stand. I'm serious.

That said, I think it's really unfortunate that UOttawa is doing that. What a way to welcome the new students! Hopefully they'll provide you with a good explanation.

it is conditional on my admission (50/50 chance, the way I see it right now) but the offer will stand. I'm serious.

I give you 60:40 but it is somewhat of a lottery.

It is good that your offer is conditional, otherwise a UBC student could find him/herself missing a backack. :D

In order to flesh out the details, on behalf of shannn, I need to confirm that you will cover shipping costs as the conditional offer presumes it will arrive at shannn's place of abode, Ottawa quite soon.

Yay welcome!! How are you liking it so far??

(PS: as a North Bay-ite, you now have to support Kloe Schultz...the 20-yr-old from North Bay that's on the top 22 of SYTYCD Canada! woot!)

We loved it when we first visited and we love it now! The kids do too, but we're very unused to being in a city...no foghorns or oceanfront...thank heavens for the lake!

There was some awfully long construction from Ottawa to North Bay...we sat for 1/2 an hour at one spot with John screaming his lungs out...when we were finally allowed to pass we saw NO ONE WORKING! LOL. Oh man, I wanted to chew someone up and spit 'em out.

Top 22 of what now?

Sigh, I think the council has found my successor.

hehe glad you're enjoying yourself? Whereabouts are you living (uuuh...PM if you want lol)? And ouch that sucks about the construction, but hey you're here!!

Top 22 of So You Think You Can Dance Canada!!

We loved it when we first visited and we love it now! The kids do too, but we're very unused to being in a city...no foghorns or oceanfront...thank heavens for the lake!

There was some awfully long construction from Ottawa to North Bay...we sat for 1/2 an hour at one spot with John screaming his lungs out...when we were finally allowed to pass we saw NO ONE WORKING! LOL. Oh man, I wanted to chew someone up and spit 'em out.

Top 22 of what now?

Sigh, I think the council has found my successor.

Archived