Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

Or you could just do nothing. It's what I was planning to do this week. However, I somehow got caught and now I'm helping friends move into their new appartment.

It's hard to do nothing. Especially after you've been doing so much stuff - I just remembered to process data. LOL. I spent a lot of time reading this band's blog. They just finished their tour and I'm kind of sad I couldn't go see them when they were in Toronto. Bah. Oh well... there will always be next time.

Good luck with moving! or helping to move! lol

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's hard to do nothing. Especially after you've been doing so much stuff - I just remembered to process data. LOL. I spent a lot of time reading this band's blog. They just finished their tour and I'm kind of sad I couldn't go see them when they were in Toronto. Bah. Oh well... there will always be next time.

Good luck with moving! or helping to move! lol

I figure after everything I've done this summer, I deserve a week on "nothing" (or close to it) before school starts up again. But my week of nothing is quickly filling up with plans!

I figure after everything I've done this summer, I deserve a week on "nothing" (or close to it) before school starts up again. But my week of nothing is quickly filling up with plans!

Friend plans? Or work plans? If it's friend plans, then that is good. You still get to rest. If it is work plans, time to revamp your schedule and learn how to say "no". lol.

I hate it. Maybe I'm a workaholic?! :eek: I just want to do stuff. Full of energy. lol :D

lol, you are just like my gf

I can't veg around too much, but in bursts of a day or two for me and it feels incredible, LOL (i.e. sitting around in my PJ's all day just watching shows off my computer or hanging out with friends doing nothing, I love it, LOL)

Enjoy it while you can. :D

heh, will do, will do

but for now, laundry time

lol, you are just like my gf

I can't veg around too much, but in bursts of a day or two for me and it feels incredible, LOL (i.e. sitting around in my PJ's all day just watching shows off my computer or hanging out with friends doing nothing, I love it, LOL)

Hahaha. I wouldn't be allowed to do that. My mom would kick my butt. lol. She already asked me what my plan is for today. LOOOOL. "Yes. My plan is to sit around and do nothing"... Wonder how that would pass. lol

Friend plans? Or work plans? If it's friend plans, then that is good. You still get to rest. If it is work plans, time to revamp your schedule and learn how to say "no". lol.
Mostly friend plans. I have 1 small work-related thing to do, but that's only because I'm leaving the lab that I've been in and the new girl needs to know how to do the rat stuff. But I have no problem saying "no" to others. I hate making plans and then feeling over-worked, so I just don't agree to the plans in the first place. Yay for simple solutions!

The weather in Edmonton is agreeing with my feelings: overcast, gloomy, full of doom. Exactly the way I wanna feel during the week of the MCAT :P

In terms of vegging out, I can do it in small doses. When I wasn't working and couldn't find a full time job, I was going crazy not having anything to do on a regular basis. I felt so useless. MCAT studying has been my recent full time job, but I can't wait to quit this one and get back to normal life of school, volunteering, and a little work on the side :)

Yay! I ordered my Macbook Pro. :D I've wanted one forever, and now I'm finally getting one. :D With the "free" iPod too - and I need a new MP3 player since my old one is dying.

No arguments about Mac vs PC please - I used Macs at one of my design jobs and totally fell in love with them. :)

Yay! I ordered my Macbook Pro. :D I've wanted one forever, and now I'm finally getting one. :D With the "free" iPod too - and I need a new MP3 player since my old one is dying.

No arguments about Mac vs PC please - I used Macs at one of my design jobs and totally fell in love with them. :)

That is awesome, caylynn. I haven't even thought about school, computers, etc...I got the email about 'mature student' orientation...registered...and then promptly forgot about it. Do you 'orientate' on Monday or Tuesday? I believe I am on Tuesday...maybe I will see you!

The weather in Edmonton is agreeing with my feelings: overcast, gloomy, full of doom. Exactly the way I wanna feel during the week of the MCAT :P

In terms of vegging out, I can do it in small doses. When I wasn't working and couldn't find a full time job, I was going crazy not having anything to do on a regular basis. I felt so useless. MCAT studying has been my recent full time job, but I can't wait to quit this one and get back to normal life of school, volunteering, and a little work on the side :)

The weather is horrid. Good luck with your MCAT! Think positive.

I'm with you on getting back to school and a regular schedule: although I'm glad to have another week to sort out the apartment after moving here, it will be very nice to have a regular schedule again!

That is awesome, caylynn. I haven't even thought about school, computers, etc...I got the email about 'mature student' orientation...registered...and then promptly forgot about it. Do you 'orientate' on Monday or Tuesday? I believe I am on Tuesday...maybe I will see you!

I'm Tuesday as well, so maybe we will cross paths at the non-faculty-specific sessions. :)

Weren't you supposed to get a free printer as well?

Weren't you supposed to get a free printer as well?

Yeah, but I don't need another inkjet printer, and I can't be bothered to get one and then sell it. So I didn't bother. May be silly, but meh.

I'll be investing in a laser printer soon-ish. They have fairly decent B&W lasers for under $100 these days, and the toner is relatively inexpensive compared to the inkjet cartridges, so that's what I'll be getting. :)

Yeah, but I don't need another inkjet printer, and I can't be bothered to get one and then sell it. So I didn't bother. May be silly, but meh.

I'll be investing in a laser printer soon-ish. They have fairly decent B&W lasers for under $100 these days, and the toner is relatively inexpensive compared to the inkjet cartridges, so that's what I'll be getting. :)

OK, I am going to look for you at the non-fac sessions. I will probably nerd out and try to sit at the front. If you see me feel free to wave frantically to get my attention--I expect to be in a post-MCAT haze still!

I have a cheap HP laserjet (p1505)from staples, and it is a real workhorse. I swear, the toner costs almost as much as the printer, but I print a lot and it seems to last forever. I went through tons and tons of thesis drafts without impacting the toner level. I would never go back to an inkjet. I bet a colour laser would not even be that expensive anymore (not that I looked).

I have a cheap HP laserjet (p1505)from staples, and it is a real workhorse. I swear, the toner costs almost as much as the printer, but I print a lot and it seems to last forever. I went through tons and tons of thesis drafts without impacting the toner level. I would never go back to an inkjet. I bet a colour laser would not even be that expensive anymore (not that I looked).

That's why being a grad student and getting $100 worth of printing from your university is always such an advantage!!! lol. Now, that's 100$ per year. And for 100$.... well, you can print tons (depending on how much it is to print per page).

Mostly friend plans. I have 1 small work-related thing to do, but that's only because I'm leaving the lab that I've been in and the new girl needs to know how to do the rat stuff. But I have no problem saying "no" to others. I hate making plans and then feeling over-worked, so I just don't agree to the plans in the first place. Yay for simple solutions!

LOL. That sounds about right. I've tried not to commit but it's difficult.

That's why being a grad student and getting $100 worth of printing from your university is always such an advantage!!! lol. Now, that's 100$ per year. And for 100$.... well, you can print tons (depending on how much it is to print per page).

hahaha...when I was in the same province as my lab, I was printing all the time for 'free'...we did not have to pay a printer fee but boy oh boy did the departmental printer go through tons of paper and toner :D

I had to suck it up and buy a printer when I moved during thesis writing. I still think it was a good investment.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/brother-all-in-one-laser-printer-dcp-7030/10100615.aspx?path=579eb6d31b3576b5c752d41a2558914cen02

Got this for my gf, it is an excellent laser

Toner is usually on sale for $50 at the big B&M stores (2000 prints) and you can get them for $20 at the smaller online stores

Archived