Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

Judging from the fact that you posted, I see that you made it home alive last night!!! Yay for not getting abducted on your way to your car ;)

I have nothing to share regarding AU courses, but wouldn't you be better off taking something at U of A or Grant McEwan? At least it would get you out of the house.

btw, if you ever need a temporary escape from Alcatraz, I can provide refuge...as long as I don't already have a family member occupying said-refuge (sorry...family comes first! ;))

I hope your job situation is figured out soon!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like the more free time I think I have, the more stuff I have to do. So even though I'm not going to school this year, I'm going to make sure I have lots to do, so random little things don't appear.

Anyone taken any psych or philosphy courses through Athabasca University? I apparently need another psych course as well as a philosophy course if I apply to the accelerated/after-degree programs in nursing (my back-up in case I don't get into meds... the psych I get, but philosophy?) Any recommendations?

*sigh*... After being in TO by myself for 10 days and getting a taste of being on my own, I feel like a convict that managed to escape Alcatraz, swim across, reach land, only to be picked up by the coppers on shore and be put back in the cell. I need to find a job where I can make some quick cash (legally thank you very much :P) so I can "buy" my way out of "prison";)......

Either that, or I need to learn magic like David Copperfield...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d39onMbcP5w (Yes, I know it's cheesy, but come on, it's from the 80s.... haha)

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I know. I told him about the lady and her "professionalism" and all he said was "Hmm, I'll look into that." Who knows if he really will, but at least I feel like someone listened to me today. Now if I can just convince my friend that I really don't need to have a Degrassi marathon with her, today would be a total success.

Maybe you could watch some tennis with her instead? LOL. Degrassi.... ugh...

Yeah, I know. I told him about the lady and her "professionalism" and all he said was "Hmm, I'll look into that." Who knows if he really will, but at least I feel like someone listened to me today. Now if I can just convince my friend that I really don't need to have a Degrassi marathon with her, today would be a total success.

Lol! Degrassi=soap opera for people under the age of 50. *barf*

Judging from the fact that you posted, I see that you made it home alive last night!!! Yay for not getting abducted on your way to your car ;)

I have nothing to share regarding AU courses, but wouldn't you be better off taking something at U of A or Grant McEwan? At least it would get you out of the house.

btw, if you ever need a temporary escape from Alcatraz, I can provide refuge...as long as I don't already have a family member occupying said-refuge (sorry...family comes first!)

I hope your job situation is figured out soon!!!!!!!!!!

Of course I made it home alive- I'm just such an intimidating person, no one would dare mess with me;) hehe!

I was thinking about that, but because of all the rest of the stuff I want to do this year, I think it would be a little bit easier doing them online in my free time. That way I don't have to worry about going to class, and I can sit at home in my PJs on a lazy Sunday and do the work for the week (and go at my own pace). It all depends on how the next few days go and where all I can find a job.

Haha! I may quite possibly take you up on that offer! (And speaking of Alcatraz, it sure sounds like it in my house right now.... my little bro is playing COD and has decided that you need the TV up at like a ridiculous volume so you can really hear the gunfire.... cuz when you press the "shoot" button, you expect a sound other than "BANG BANG":rolleyes:)

I hope so too! If I can't find anything, maybe you'll see me trying to wash people's windows downtown in the middle of winter :P

Anyone taken any psych or philosphy courses through Athabasca University? I apparently need another psych course as well as a philosophy course if I apply to the accelerated/after-degree programs in nursing (my back-up in case I don't get into meds... the psych I get, but philosophy?) Any recommendations?

I haven't done any through Athabasca, but I have done most of the ones offered through TRU here in BC, so if you want any more info on theirs give me a pm and I can summarize them for you.

Maybe you could watch some tennis with her instead? LOL. Degrassi.... ugh...

Lol! Degrassi=soap opera for people under the age of 50. *barf*
I couldn't agree more. But I owe her since she helped me out last year and this is what she chose. She's trying to convert me to a Degrassi fan, it's actually quite funny (her, not the show).

BEST cafe EVER

Snakes & Lattes

BOARD GAMES + Coffee..... YUM... a dream

Edit: Andy lost. For whom do I cheer now?! Le sigh.

Rafa!

Rafa!

Go Rafa!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously?! I've been cheering for Rafa and Federer for the longest while. This time I picked Rodd.ick because I think he improved his game and I find him quite the character. Now he's out - but obviously because Tipsarevic played well. I want to see how Tipsarevic will do.

Yesterday's match was hilarious. The comments Rodd.ick made to the umpire were hilarious. I just love the guy. He never fails to entertain. lol. But he didn't foot-fault with his right foot. That was a BAD call on her part - when she said he foot faulted with right foot. He stepped over the line with his left foot and not right. The funniest part was him imitating how he would look like if he stepped over the line with his right foot. LMAO. Oh man... he's a legend.

Seriously?! I've been cheering for Rafa and Federer for the longest while. This time I picked Rodd.ick because I think he improved his game and I find him quite the character. Now he's out - but obviously because Tipsarevic played well. I want to see how Tipsarevic will do.

Yesterday's match was hilarious. The comments Rodd.ick made to the umpire were hilarious. I just love the guy. He never fails to entertain. lol. But he didn't foot-fault with his right foot. That was a BAD call on her part - when she said he foot faulted with right foot. He stepped over the line with his left foot and not right. The funniest part was him imitating how he would look like if he stepped over the line with his right foot. LMAO. Oh man... he's a legend.

I agree that Andy is good for laughs, especially in media scrums. But I think Djokovic takes the cake in terms of bringing the lols. His impersonations of other players are really funny.

I haven't done any through Athabasca, but I have done most of the ones offered through TRU here in BC, so if you want any more info on theirs give me a pm and I can summarize them for you.

That would be awesome! I'll send you a PM later on today. Thanks! :)

I know I'm kind of late but........ INCEPTION IS AWESOME! Possibly the best movie I've seen yet.

Yes, yes it is. Very good movie.... I still think at night and go "hmmmm" because of the ending :P

I have no money, but am willing to massage anyone who will finish the little odds and ends and cleaning in my house. Any takers?
Did I mention you also have to deal with two kids and two pigs?

If you could find someone to look after the pigs, I'd clean your house and look after your kids for the day! You would have to cough up for a plane ticket though.... you're a little far away from Edmonton......

Lol. Good trade! No decision yet...Andrew is deciding whether or not the repairs are worth it or if it's better to just get a new one.

Telling people that their car needs expensive work is the worst thing abuot my job, hands down. It is SO hard to break people's hearts. About the only thing that would be worse is telling someone they have a disease and they're going to die...

...waitaminute! LOL

I agree that Andy is good for laughs, especially in media scrums. But I think Djokovic takes the cake in terms of bringing the lols. His impersonations of other players are really funny.

You see... I don't respect Djokovic. Andy Rodd.ick is one of those old players and I have gained respect for him way before Djokovic made it to his top 100. I just don't see it with Djokovic. If I were to compare Djokovic to Tipsarevic for example, I would say Tipsarevic is a better player and has nice personality/character. I can never say that about Djokovic because I can never take him seriously. Don't get me wrong - I wasn't against Djokovic at the beginning (hell I'm cheering for most of the Serbian crowd), but what got me was his constant retiring due to an injury and his low mental ability on court.

Yes, Andy gets pissed off. But Andy's personality is pretty close to McEnroe's (not game... personality). McEnroe used to have the same flip outs and yell at the umpire. Andy decided to change his game way too late though. Like Tipsarevic said in press conference - Andy is dangerous when he becomes aggressive, which he used to do when he was younger and attack every shot with his forehand. Now, he's not doing that anymore. Hence, his game is changing.

So, no.... I will never take Djokovic seriously. However, I have huge respect for Tipsarevic, Ivanovic, Jankovic, and upcoming Serbian players. I would take Rodd.ick over Djokovic any time.

$250-300/mo to lease new good car, deals on new cars from last year as new models out...also same dealif bought at zero-1.9% interest. Some have discount for students, there may be dealer specials bringing down price. Yaris is good car, cost effective amongst others.

We can't afford that--that also increases our insurance--I also don't believe in leasing vehicles. I believe in buying second hand ones, owning them, and choosing what insurance policies to place on them.

We have a mortgage, daycare, tuition, student loan payments (which equal the mortgage payments), home insurance, car insurance, phone bill, Internet/cable bill, gas bill, hydro + property tax (we live downtown, it's pretty high)...plus all the deductions for our health care, pension, etc.

We had enough to buy a wonderful second-hand car, but that had to go into the down payment and our stock doesn't mature until next year.

I believe Andrew's diocese offers loans for new vehicles, we'll be looking into that.

Archived