Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

Loading all my stuff onto my new computer! :D Just finished loading Microsoft Office 2003 (yes, 2003- it may be old but a) it's free (of questionable authenticity;)) and B) I like 2003 better than the new stuff. But mainly cuz it's free:p)

It's so weird- the computer is so quiet and I can see the entire screen! Haha! I can't wait to really start using it!

Check out this site - http://ninite.com/ - for fresh installs. It bundles all of the essentials (you pick which ones) into one download!

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I NEED to try the lulu socks but I am trying really hard not to buy things. I keep telling myself that every thing I buy will have to be moved when I go to school in a year. The opportunity cost of having to move stuff is just too high. :)

Update on the socks:

They're like wrapping your feet in f*cking MAGIC! HOLY ****! I went from getting blisters and dying out around 10-12km to smashing 16.5 km in the face, only stopping for fear that I shouldn't overdo it and break the laws of physics! So pumped right now. Can't wait for my next run. Thank you guys so much for the input :D

I have flat feet and find I get blisters unless I wear high ankle support and snug socks (not tight, but snug).

I prefer running barefoot (on the treadmill of course), no blisters at all, but it really kills my feet where they've been fractured before.

:eek: Both fractured?! Ugh that can't be fun to run through... This'll be my first winter in London (snow capital southern Ontario) so if I want to keep running I think I'll have to cozy up to a treadmill at some point too.

mapmyrun.com

Also http://gmap-pedometer.com/.

I just picked up some of those lulu "Ultimate Running Socks" so we'll see how they (or I?) hold up!

Also wtf London? Its practically snowing today. (*is jealous of runners who live on west coast*)

Woo, thanks! That simplifies things. I've plotted a 2km route for every morning until it gets too cold.

Bathroom renovation in progress. I'm so excited.

:eek: Both fractured?! Ugh that can't be fun to run through... This'll be my first winter in London (snow capital southern Ontario) so if I want to keep running I think I'll have to cozy up to a treadmill at some point too.

Both have had incredibly heavy objects dropped on them. My left is the weakest--I remember it remained black for a month or so with bruising :|

Loading all my stuff onto my new computer! :D Just finished loading Microsoft Office 2003 (yes, 2003- it may be old but a) it's free (of questionable authenticity;)) and B) I like 2003 better than the new stuff. But mainly cuz it's free:p)

It's so weird- the computer is so quiet and I can see the entire screen! Haha! I can't wait to really start using it!

office 2007 isn't too bad once you get used to it...but 2003 was so much more like all the previous editions so the transition to it was easy.

Beware that you might have some compatibility issues with the work computers if they use 2007. I know that for my thesis I had done most of my work in office 2003 and then did the actual thesis writing in 2007 and some of the functionality disappeared between versions, leading to a lot of formatting issues! Just a word of warning.

Man oh man, stupid MCAT studying caused me to gain ~8 lbs. Off to the gym to burn off maybe ONE....if I am lucky.

Have a great long weekend all!

US medicare fraud is the major criminal enterprise in USA - a $60 billion industry. Medical supply companies rotuinely bill medicare millions in charges and they have no offices, yet they are paid. There are US medicare fraud taskforces going after the scammers. The medicare frausd business in Florida is way beigger than the drug trade in Florida. 53 people in Detroit, including doctors, were arrested last year. This crime is now a top priority of the Justie Department.

This is on 60 Minutes on CBS. Fake billings to medicare routinely are paid without verification. The key is to obtain the names of legitimate medicare patients. Lists of names, social security nos, dates of birth and addresses will do it - scammers pay $10 per name. The patient list is stolen from doctors or hospitals. Payment is made wirhin 15 or 30 days. Medicare receive reports of fraudulent charges from patients, yet they do nothing to red flag charges for this particular patient. They pay first on basis of phony paperwork and audit later, when the scammers disappear.

FBI calls it "Pay and Chase". Oversight is limited, just 3 field men for checking on fraud. They need to check on a timely basis, which does not happen. In Miami, there are thousands of fraudsters operating.

I just got quite excited...I have enough credits completed that with the remaining 8 courses that I require for this second degree, I can complete a Certificate of Neuroscience (narrowing down my thesis too!).

Just gotta complete Anatomy 2 and 4 psych and bio courses that I'm qualified for! Eeee...I like direction.

I just got quite excited...I have enough credits completed that with the remaining 8 courses that I require for this second degree, I can complete a Certificate of Neuroscience (narrowing down my thesis too!).

Just gotta complete Anatomy 2 and 4 psych and bio courses that I'm qualified for! Eeee...I like direction.

I didn't know you were interested in neurosci! Yay!

Neuroscience=awesome

Good morning all. Once again, it feels like November but I'm not going to complain since last week's heat was horrendous.
Feels like November? What's the temperature in TO today? Here it's 19 and I'd hardly say that it's like November. Or is is really different over there? I can't imagine that it would be.

Feels like November? What's the temperature in TO today? Here it's 19 and I'd hardly say that it's like November. Or is is really different over there? I can't imagine that it would be.

I woke up to something like 10 degrees I think. Now it's supposedly 18`C but feels cooler than that.

Ok, so maybe late October. :D

I didn't know you were interested in neurosci! Yay!

Neuroscience=awesome

Insects and parasites are the only sectors in science I would prefer to avoid.

I think it's fascinating and it certainly won't hurt.

Neuroscience, perception, sensation, Ojibwe, geology, geography, statistical measures 2, psych 2 --these are my courses for the fall and winter terms. (Some are 6 credits--so a total of 5 courses + labs each semester).

Archived