Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got my first mtl ticket.

OPP have passed the word about you. :P In TO, I believe you point to walk across a street and the cars stop for you. :) In Montreal, J-Walking is a way of life and drivers aim for pedestrians who mostly miss. :D

This weekend, I move to USA, NY State.

P.S. I am sfinch's sister. Our nixckname is 'hate us' and we will be giving free courses to hateful members who wish to avoid our posts by use of the 'ignore function'. :P charmer may sign up first, with G.O.B, YorkMan, Dumby and the list goes on.

PEACE!

In Quebec, you cannot fight them unless you play "let's make a deal", lol, before the tickets are actually written.

And if in the city, you ask for their maintenance and repair records for the laser equipmwnt, giving timely written notice. Usually, they forget and on this basis, you can have the case dismissed. In at least one jurisdiciton within Montreal, the polkice are not required to give testimony/proof/evidence of your culpability. Attracvtive females have a better shot of winning their cases than men, lol, remember, this is French Canada.

In Quebec, there is no limit, it is a mere suggestion and used for unsurers to obtain higher premiums. Giving tickets is considered sport by the police, sometimes they have contests for whom gives the most tickets during a given day and if a policeman wins three times in a row, he receives a one week paid vacation!

LOL. Are you fighting this one too? How much were you over the limit?

No this was a parking ticket. It was supposed to be paid parking, even though there was no pay meter in sight...at least the ticket here is 50 bucks instead of 80. :rolleyes:

And my other ticket got reduced to 40 bucks and no points. Which still kinda sucks for insurance but ah well. I tried.

First day at class! I get to miss 2 days/wk of work this term and attend a few classes. I'm signed up for Microbiology200, but I skipped the first class to check out EPHS142- "Personal Health, Wellness and Potential", another course I was looking at taking instead.

OMG- It was full of high school kids, We drew pictures with felt pens, and one girl in my small group didn't know how to write the word "nutrition". Another one said: "I've wroted a few essays, but I'm going to take english anyways".

Wow.

I'll take microbi, thank you. I want an A/A+ course, but not at the expense of my dignity.

First day at class!

OMG- It was full of high school kids, We drew pictures with felt pens, and one girl in my small group didn't know how to write the word "nutrition". Another one said: "I've wroted a few essays, but I'm going to take english anyways".

Wow.

I'll take microbi, thank you. I want an A/A+ course, but not at the expense of my dignity.

Sounds like fun - enjoy! :P

If it's money that was promised to you (do you have an documentation?) I would fight for it. Is it the university that's directly funding it?

How horrible! Have you tried calling?

After numerous phone calls and e-mails, both things were resolved in an hour. The bank is still looking into what happened, but I've dealt with the landlord and now I have a pretty good offer on the table. It was their mistake and I covered my ass in this case - they admitted to the 2 mistakes made and will cover all of the charges to my account.

Also, the funds from York are arriving beginning of next week. Finally. I got an e-mail confirming this.

York is the WORST! I filed a degree change request back in May, then went in in July to see why it still hadn't been processed, and they told me I had only handed it in a week prior and when I said that was not the case they told me I was lying lol. Two hours of harassing people later, I got a call from the mysterious degree changer people apologizing for the screw up.

Oh, and now I'm trying to take bio and chem courses so I can have the pre-reqs for Ottawa. there's spaces available in these courses, but will they let me enroll? no, of course not. that would make too much sense. I want to punch that stupid woman who sits in the 1000/1001 office in the face.

Why oh why didn't I go to Western...ugh.

And about the scholarship...is it an automatic academic one? Because I was told you get it for having a sessional GPA of 8.0, but then I didn't get one after second year, and then I did after 3rd. Cheapos.

Nah. It was NSERC scholarship. I think York is full of bad administration people. Thank God I don't have to deal with them anymore. At Waterloo, everything gets done within a day or two. "Oh you need help with courses? We will help you enroll. Give us a day"... "Oh you need money? How about this RA position?" Seriously, Waterloo admin people have been soooo helpful and I'm very glad I'm here. I feel like I'm in good hands.

Don't worry about 1000/1001 chem. People will start dropping out of that course like flies. Just go to class and tell the prof you want to be on the wait list or want permission to enroll. Usually profs are very good with this - depending on whom you have. Hempsted (sp?) is actually very nice. I believe he was the head at one point.

TGIF indeed- today I had to tell a guge that his jeep needs about $8000 worth of work to make it safe. Then he asked me if we do payment plans, I said, well, not really.

Then he told me that his mom had a payment plan, and I realized his mom was the woman who had a $700 bill, paid $100, (back in July), and has not returned since despite repeated calls.

This is what we get when we are nice and trusting. Drives me crazy. Not doing this anymore.

monkey, if you learned your lesson for life, the cost of $600 is cheap at the price. And he was such a fool to make that connection for you! You would have a repairer's lien to demand monies prior to releasing any vehicle repaired, and tey should sign a contract to this effevt before you commence the work, but I would want a 30-40% upfront payment boeofre starting the workm as I would not to end up owning cars that I have repaired.tgif indeed.

Yes, we have procedures for repairer's liens in place. For $600 we have not made any threats yet.

We are going to court in Oct for one that was from BEFORE we knew all the procedures for repairman's liens.

And REAL problems arise when they are "friends".

I hate cars so much. I am so glad to be getting down to classes 2d/wk for this term. I can't take it full-time anymore- I love a challenge but it's hard when you have zero interest in the subject matter.

And REAL problems arise when they are "friends".

I understand. If you want to keep friends, don't do their work. Or, tell them that you are giving them a deal, make sure they check prices, and let them know, you require 50% upfront with the balance paid boefore they take possession of their car. As your are aware, your lien only exists so long as you retain possession of the car until payment in full. Credit just does not work. And you need to secure the vehicles so that it is impossible for the owenr to access and remove the vehicle after hours. What a life.

I feel your pain. I feel like I unlearned everything I already knew to make room for the new stuff.

I dont plan to study on the weekend but it seems like it's pretty much impossible to keep up if I don't. I only finished 2 days worth of material and that's the first 2 days of school from last week.

Archived