Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

I dont plan to study on the weekend but it seems like it's pretty much impossible to keep up if I don't. I only finished 2 days worth of material and that's the first 2 days of school from last week.

Wow, that's crazy

We have nothing for about another week, but we get to start going into the hospitals to work on our interviewing skills with real patients next week :D

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea kinda sucks that mcgill gets late clinical exposure too.

Btw med games: Jan 7-9th @ McGill :D

Yea, your curriculum is crazy, lol

But I do wish we had an extensive anatomy block as you guys and U of T

I'm excited about med games, really disappointed with OMSW, the site kept crashing :mad:

Wow, that's crazy

We have nothing for about another week, but we get to start going into the hospitals to work on our interviewing skills with real patients next week :D

Toronto has early clinical exposure too. And I gotta say that's the best part of the program so far. We already had our first ASCM (Arts and Science of Clinical medicine) at the hospital this past Friday. And then back to more lectures :mad:

Toronto has early clinical exposure too. And I gotta say that's the best part of the program so far. We already had our first ASCM (Arts and Science of Clinical medicine) at the hospital this past Friday. And then back to more lectures :mad:

I think both NOSM and MUN promote early exposure to clinical skills as well.

Car is fixed! I no longer have to pour water into the engine before I go anywhere or watch the temperature gauge...wahoo!

Oh. And for those of you who trust mechanics. The coolant system wasn't even on Midas' list of things to do. It was the most dangerous thing that actually needed to be fixed. Thank god for second opinions. Midas--you suck.

Car is fixed! I no longer have to pour water into the engine before I go anywhere or watch the temperature gauge...wahoo!

Oh. And for those of you who trust mechanics. The coolant system wasn't even on Midas' list of things to do. It was the most dangerous thing that actually needed to be fixed. Thank god for second opinions. Midas--you suck.

Cooling systems are problematic in many cars over 10yrs and when they do finally fail, the results can be catastrophic. :(

Glad to hear your car is fixed. :)

Noobs. But seriously, half the UofT student body cheats/attempts to cheat. These people are only catching the students too dumb to cheat well.

Agreed...there are brilliant cheaters as well.

Something some ppl don't realize: reusing your own work (an essay you wrote for another class) is considered plagiarism at some universities. You need to request permission and cite yourself to reuse something you've written.

In my experience as a TA, only the most blatant cheaters get caught. Cause 1. TAs don't want to call you out unless they can undeniably prove you were cheating, and 2. Its a lloooott of time/effort wasted by the TA. At that point the only reason to catch a cheater is to reassure yourself of your moral fiber. :P

Agreed...there are brilliant cheaters as well.

Something some ppl don't realize: reusing your own work (an essay you wrote for another class) is considered plagiarism at some universities. You need to request permission and cite yourself to reuse something you've written.

That's one thing I never really understood though- how can it be plagiarizing if they're your OWN ideas/opinions?

I also wanted to question why the punishment for us regular students would be so severe if we did that (ie potentially get kicked out), when the former premier of Alberta (Ralph Klein) when caught plagiarizing (almost the entire bloody paper he wrote) just got his final mark decreased by 10%... Seems like quite the double standard if you ask me. The punishment for one should be the same as the punishment for all. I never did question that because I didn't want people thinking I would cheat/plagiarize (because I wouldn't). I just wanted to draw attention to the fact that obviously there are two totally different sets of rules depending on who you are/who you know. Justice's blindfold has obviously fallen down:rolleyes:

Lol- same reason I'd use LiLo's "they aren't my pants" defense if I were to ever get caught with something I'm not supposed to. If she got off scott-free, so should I:p

That's one thing I never really understood though- how can it be plagiarizing if they're your OWN ideas/opinions?

I also wanted to question why the punishment for us regular students would be so severe if we did that (ie potentially get kicked out), when the former premier of Alberta (Ralph Klein) when caught plagiarizing (almost the entire bloody paper he wrote) just got his final mark decreased by 10%... Seems like quite the double standard if you ask me. The punishment for one should be the same as the punishment for all. I never did question that because I didn't want people thinking I would cheat/plagiarize (because I wouldn't). I just wanted to draw attention to the fact that obviously there are two totally different sets of rules depending on who you are/who you know. Justice's blindfold has obviously fallen down:rolleyes:

Lol- same reason I'd use LiLo's "they aren't my pants" defense if I were to ever get caught with something I'm not supposed to. If she got off scott-free, so should I:p

B/c you are still using previous written work and claiming that it is a new original thought. If you want to use previous arguments and work, you need to cite yourself. If you want to reuse an entire essay, you need permission b/c for some profs, that's a copout--they want you to do some work for them, not recycle.

Archived