Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hope you feel well soon; e-hug:)

Thanks Karma!

Just realized how sick I am: forgot there was an Oilers game on today (Taylor Hall's debut as an Oiler!)... So instead of watching hockey... I watched Justin Bieber's lame attempt at acting. Omg... I'm so sick that I'm delusional! Lol

Good thing the game is still on :D

We got 105 volunteers paying membership to the Red Cross and 200+ others signing up. :eek: I hope at least half fail to turn up for the first meeting! There's no way we can handle this many. We had to book a massive lecture hall for the first meeting lmao

Sorry for being so annoying about your memory aid! It's just that the amino acids are pretty much the only thing I retained from 2nd year biochem.

No probs! The scrutinizing actually helped. I've come to realize that memorizing them is much much easier than I expected. I've got 15 of em in and just need to do 5 more.

It seemed so daunting, lol.

Thanks Karma!

Just realized how sick I am: forgot there was an Oilers game on today (Taylor Hall's debut as an Oiler!)... So instead of watching hockey... I watched Justin Bieber's lame attempt at acting. Omg... I'm so sick that I'm delusional! Lol

Good thing the game is still on :D

Feel better! ♥

And Hall who? All I've heard about after that game was how amazing Paajarvi was.

Feel better! ?

And Hall who? All I've heard about after that game was how amazing Paajarvi was.

Thanks! I am feeling a lot better compared to Thursday:)

Yeah, Taylor Hall wasn't as impressive during that game as I expected him to be considering the buzz around him (mind you, at the World Juniors I wasn't super impressed. He's not my favourite style of player. Good, but not great kinda thing imo). But Paajarvi! What a beast! Crazy good! Really impressed. Hopefully how good he played that game isn't a preseason fluke! I'm stoked for this season. We may not be a cup contender yet, but there's going to be some pretty exciting games! :D

Thanks! I am feeling a lot better compared to Thursday:)

Yeah, Taylor Hall wasn't as impressive during that game as I expected him to be considering the buzz around him (mind you, at the World Juniors I wasn't super impressed. He's not my favourite style of player. Good, but not great kinda thing imo). But Paajarvi! What a beast! Crazy good! Really impressed. Hopefully how good he played that game isn't a preseason fluke! I'm stoked for this season. We may not be a cup contender yet, but there's going to be some pretty exciting games! :D

You know, you guys might even be able to squeek out a win in a handful of games this year. I'll set the over/under on Oiler wins at 10 though.

You know, you guys might even be able to squeek out a win in a handful of games this year. I'll set the over/under on Oiler wins at 10 though.

You know.... As I recall a few days ago, the Oilers played a certain team from BC... Except really, it was more AHL players than it was players that would actually make the NHL team this year.... But that team from BC, if I recall right, had most of their superstars.........

I don't suppose you remember the outcome of that game do you?;):D

Guys, I'm thinking of potentially getting either a netbook or an ipad. What do y'all think/suggest? It sucks that you can't print off of the ipad (you must sync it), but apart from that it's soo portable. And I haven't really looked into netbooks yet, b/c I've been swayed by the glamour of the ipad.

Thoughts will be appreciated.

Gracias. :)

Guys, I'm thinking of potentially getting either a netbook or an ipad. What do y'all think/suggest? It sucks that you can't print off of the ipad (you must sync it), but apart from that it's soo portable. And I haven't really looked into netbooks yet, b/c I've been swayed by the glamour of the ipad.

Thoughts will be appreciated.

Gracias. :)

Have you thought of a tablet netbook?

http://www.amazon.ca/ASUS-T101MT-EU17-BK-10-1-Inch-Netbook-Black/dp/B003D1DZBY/ref=sr_1_3?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285467775&sr=8-3

-6.5 hours, light, portable, touchscreen

http://www.amazon.ca/ASUS-T91MT-PU17-BK-8-9-Inch-Intel-Netbook/dp/B002UAR8SK/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285467775&sr=8-1

-light, portable, 5 hour battery, touch screen, 9 inches

Both are pretty affordable. I might pick one up to supplement my laptop

Can't comment on iPad, although watching my classmate, it looks like fun. My netbook is really freakin' sweet.

I've been ignoring this forum. I separated from my husband yesterday. It's been really exhausting this week. But I am surprised at how much fun I'm having in neuro.

:eek: *really big e-hugs*

If you need anything Cnuss, I'm here for you- I'm just a PM away *hugs*

:eek: *really big e-hugs*

If you need anything Cnuss, I'm here for you- I'm just a PM away *hugs*

Oh C, please let me know if you need to talk to someone.

Cnussey, you have a c0mmunity and friends here who stand behind you. You are one strong lady who will thrive no matter what, even during tough times E-hugs!

Awww...thanks everyone.

Can't comment on iPad, although watching my classmate, it looks like fun. My netbook is really freakin' sweet.

I've been ignoring this forum. I separated from my husband yesterday. It's been really exhausting this week. But I am surprised at how much fun I'm having in neuro.

Cnus.... :( You know where to find me if you need to talk/support. I'm here for you all the way.

I know where you are lover, thanks.

Me too. I tried and tried and tried and I just can't do it anymore. Midterms are starting. Sigh.

You know you can talk to me anytime, here or fb or even call me if need be.

I am not gonna say I know what you are going through but I am praying for you, hun. <3<3<3

Archived