Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea I got a midterm this friday. At least you don't have midterms to worry about anymore. :P

you'd think that about grad school. Unfortunately, 6 hours a week I'm in class.

My motivation to get accepted to med this cycle is increased about 10x because I know I'm going to do bad in this course.

you'd think that about grad school. Unfortunately, 6 hours a week I'm in class.

My motivation to get accepted to med this cycle is increased about 10x because I know I'm going to do bad in this course.

awww mike...welcome to grad school! now go find your sleeping bag and curl up in the corner of the lab for your zzzzz's, papers and studying and experimentation await.

Wonderful day outside today- miserable day for me. Spent 8 hours in the lab.

Also tried everything possible and I'm still banned from the campus internet. I'm going to demand access from the tech guys tomorrow. I even formatted the computer today to erase all evidence of ummmm....suspicious activities.

This afternoon I was trying to take a nap...I was exhausted from a nasty fight with "him" and I woke to hear my piggies crying. My two-year-old son threw the piggy around so that he broke her back and now she is dead. :(

Wow, I hope everyone's ok. You do mean a real pig right?

WTFF! That is just so messed up on so many levels!

You really don't have much good news nowadays do you C?

Yeah...kinda tired. My grades are not slipping though! Happy for that. Too bad...I should have included all this on my application. Lol.

Wonderful day outside today- miserable day for me. Spent 8 hours in the lab.

Also tried everything possible and I'm still banned from the campus internet. I'm going to demand access from the tech guys tomorrow. I even formatted the computer today to erase all evidence of ummmm....suspicious activities.

Wow, I hope everyone's ok. You do mean a real pig right?

A guinea pig.

So I finally came into the late 90s/2000s... bought my first thing on ebay last week and received it today:D. Consequently I'm halfway done Christmas shopping for my mom. lol. Yes, 3 months early. Last year I was done shopping for her at the end of August, so I'm a little behind this year compared to last year! lol

Now to go and make sure it works.....

EDIT: Just checked and the VHS (yes, VHS:p) tape works! It actually looks like it had never ever been played before- I was so worried I'd end up with something crap! lol. I wish I could have got her a DVD of it, but they actually don't have it on DVD at all.

This afternoon I was trying to take a nap...I was exhausted from a nasty fight with "him" and I woke to hear my piggies crying. My two-year-old son threw the piggy around so that he broke her back and now she is dead.

:( *hugs*

So I finally came into the late 90s/2000s... bought my first thing on ebay last week and received it today:D. Consequently I'm halfway done Christmas shopping for my mom. lol. Yes, 3 months early. Last year I was done shopping for her at the end of August, so I'm a little behind this year compared to last year! lol

Now to go and make sure it works.....

EDIT: Just checked and the VHS (yes, VHS:p) tape works! It actually looks like it had never ever been played before- I was so worried I'd end up with something crap! lol. I wish I could have got her a DVD of it, but they actually don't have it on DVD at all.

:( *hugs*

I've never bought anything off of ebay. I guess I'm living in the olden days.

I'd like to read this book...when I have time to read for 'fun':

http://rebeccaskloot.com/the-immortal-life/

It is about Henrietta Lacks, the woman from whom HeLa cells are derived. Sounds like some shady ethics in here. Follow this link

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/01/st_henrietta/

to see what HeLa cells have been used for...pay close attention to 1966:eek:

I'd like to read this book...when I have time to read for 'fun':

http://rebeccaskloot.com/the-immortal-life/

It is about Henrietta Lacks, the woman from whom HeLa cells are derived. Sounds like some shady ethics in here. Follow this link

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/01/st_henrietta/

to see what HeLa cells have been used for...pay close attention to 1966:eek:

I've read it. It's good.

I agree with Dee about UofT's teaching administration. They don't care jack**** about students.

A prof gave us a particularly hard question for 10 marks on a midterm for no apparent reason. EVERYONE took it up with him in lecture and he basically admitted that it was unseasonably hard and, when asked what he's gonna do about it, replies:

"Well, you've learned a lesson, and I've learned a lesson too. Let's move on." FML

(He proceeded to say that a few students had gotten the answer so the question was do-able, to which my very gutsy friend replies : "Yeah, we would've too if we had gotten the midterm before hand. Do these "few students" happen to volunteer in your lab?" :eek::eek::eek::eek:)

Archived