Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OMG, I am studying for histo, embryo, heme, and ethics. Is there a motivation drink to motivate you, kind of like an 'energy drink' keeps you focused ?

I would be its faithful customer. :P

I'm studying histo, embryo, resp, renal (bane of my effin' existence!), and a little cardio (if I can get to it). When's your exam? Mine's in approx 9 hrs. My motivation just kicked in half an hour ago. Maybe you need to wait a little longer?

This week:

Josh Groban released a new cd, the Birks necklace I've had my eye on for a LONG time went on sale for 60% off (PLUS free shipping!), midnight release of Harry Potter TONIGHT, Santa Claus parade+potluck on Saturday........

It doesn't get much better than this! :D :D :D

Now if only my immune system can just kick it into high gear.....:mad:

It's always nice to find out that some people support you and your work immensely; are always there for you to guide you, give you advice and tips on things you had never heard of; and who, despite the fact that their life is hectically busy, have time to spare to talk with you - even though, technically, you might be a complete stranger.

I had one of those days when someone dedicated an hour of their time to me and they don't technically know me that well. They also offered to, after I double check everything, sit down with me and go over it all over again. And I am thankful. I might not have seemed that way when they broke it down to me, but I am very thankful that I have someone who is familiar with all levels of engineering and who doesn't mind looking at numbers with me for hours until the incorrect code is found.

Slept about 2 hrs last night, went and did my exam this morning, ate a huge lunch, took a giant nap, waking up right now to study for my anatomy practical tomorrow morning...med school is so much fun! :D

I like your increased presence on pm101 when it's exam time. :D :D :D

Sigh, histo. Why does everything have to look pink and blue? :o Why is a pass greater than 70%? What is the meaning of life?

At mcgill our pass is 60 per unit with a cumulative 65 for basis of medicine (first 18 mnths). Ie. cake walk. If I was at uoft I'd probably be below the pass line with the effort I'm putting in right now. And probably not thoroughly enjoying my life right now either. :D

EDIT: And you don't need to pass the final exam to pass the unit. Ie. go in with 100%, bomb final, still pass unit with 60, nothing ever shows up about it in your transcript. :cool:

I like your increased presence on pm101 when it's exam time. :D :D :D

Yup! On the other forum I frequent I made 37 posts yesterday. lol! I've got my anatomy practical tomorrow so I'm trying to procrastinate as much as possible right now.

My studying style has changed so much since UG. I pretty much try to pick and choose what I want to learn to get the pass. Generally if I have absolutely zero interest in something and I don't think it will be very useful (ex: lipid biochemistry) I skip it. :D

My studying style has changed so much since UG. I pretty much try to pick and choose what I want to learn to get the pass. Generally if I have absolutely zero interest in something and I don't think it will be very useful (ex: lipid biochemistry) I skip it. :D

Until you need to use it and then you won't know it....

Until you need to use it and then you won't know it....

Except I will not need it because most docs don't know the intricate pathways of how this crap works. I know its something about VLDLs, LDLs, apparently HDLs are good....stuff like that. Prescribe something that increases HDLs and decreases the rest. :P

Btw none of you should ever want me as a doctor...

Archived