Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

So, the physician I work for surprised me with a lunch invitation before I go home to Christmas at the most expensive restaurant in town!

Have no idea what to get her for Christmas now... I'm a poor student! What do you give a neurologist for Xmas? I don't know. I'm awaiting clever responses...

you could get her a book... it isn't a witty response but i'm sure she might like to read something outside of neurology...

or, if she is die hard then you could get her "my stroke of insight"

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, the physician I work for surprised me with a lunch invitation before I go home to Christmas at the most expensive restaurant in town!

Have no idea what to get her for Christmas now... I'm a poor student! What do you give a neurologist for Xmas? I don't know. I'm awaiting clever responses...

Are you crafty in any way? If so, I vote for making/baking something. You could make brain shaped sugar cookies, lol. Which restaurant are you going to? (the Prince Georgian in me wants to know).

Are you crafty in any way? If so, I vote for making/baking something. You could make brain shaped sugar cookies, lol. Which restaurant are you going to? (the Prince Georgian in me wants to know).

North 54! I've never been there but I've heard amazing things... have you been there before?

Now, the thing is I would love to bake for her (I've worked at my parent's bakery since I was 7 years old, so I love your idea) but she tends to highly regulate the sweets she eats. And I don't do low fat baking. No point.

I feel very stumped.

I am very crafty though.

Keep us posted and good luck!

Thanks man. My muscles already feel sore... I even feel pain in my legs and it was chest and back day! LOL

I also started P90x but for some reason I always have 90 days to go. :confused:

LOL! you can dooo itt! Once you get going there ain't no going back!

I tried p90x- got through the first 6 weeks and then my marathon training, ball and other life events prevents me from finishing it.

it's a good program, but i'm not sure if it is due to the program itself or the fact that you are working out 6 days a week... and then the nutrition portion is key as well.

if you want to try something that will literally beat you to the ground try crossfit... intense. i'm enjoying it though... even if my hands are so blistered up i can't extend my fingers fully without experiencing pain.

I tried p90x- got through the first 6 weeks and then my marathon training, ball and other life events prevents me from finishing it.

it's a good program, but i'm not sure if it is due to the program itself or the fact that you are working out 6 days a week... and then the nutrition portion is key as well.

if you want to try something that will literally beat you to the ground try crossfit... intense. i'm enjoying it though... even if my hands are so blistered up i can't extend my fingers fully without experiencing pain.

I think it's more than just the 6 days/week. I worked out a lot before, but this was certainly different. I'm not used to doing so many body dependent exercises. It feels good though, got muscle burn that I haven't been feeling in a while! Just gotta keep going, improving my strength and boosting my rep counts for the body-dependent exercises. This is gonna be fun. :D

OMG the snow is so extreme in mtl right now! I'm in a turbo-charged all wheel drive rally inspired car and I could barely keep in control! Damn mtl roads are sooooo terrible. Made even worse by like 45 degree inclines and tilts and with drivers that don't know the meaning of "space". :rolleyes:

EDIT: As I came in the girl next to my parking spot tried to pull out of the underground. She couldn't make it up the ramp, hit something, came back and parked. I look at her car and see a mangled wheel. FAIL

sorry, couldn't resist :P

Not gonna lie, that took me awhile to understand why you bolded that part, Leon (since it was at the top of the page I saw it a few times when I clicked to see what was new I saw it several times). Now that I get it.... LMAO! :D

Apparently dee hasn't heard that grammar saves lives......

"Let's eat Grandma!"

Or, better for Grandma: "Let's eat, Grandma!"

LOL! :D

Not gonna lie, that took me awhile to understand why you bolded that part, Leon (since it was at the top of the page I saw it a few times when I clicked to see what was new I saw it several times). Now that I get it.... LMAO! :D

"Let's eat Grandma!"

Actually, the rest of that sentence, and even the next one can be interestingly interpreted. :D I'm half convinced he did it on purpose hahaha

As I came in the girl next to my parking spot tried to pull out of the underground. She couldn't make it up the ramp, hit something, came back and parked.

Actually, the rest of that sentence, and even the next one can be interestingly interpreted. I'm half convinced he did it on purpose hahaha

LOL!

That or he was being totally innocent and we just have our minds in the gutter;)..................

Nah... he definitely did that one purpose:p

EDIT: *snicker* "Did that one"...........:rolleyes:........ Thanks Leon- now I'm reading double entendres into everything! :P

"Let's eat Grandma!"

He's obviously never heard of commas!!

Back in the 'hood we use commas like dental floss. I.e. hardly ever.

Nice attempt at a cover:p.... You still grammar fail :P

Been tallying for.... 8 hours so far today (holy crap! Didn't realize it was that much!) Listening to Rihanna (please don't hate me for loving her music) to try and get this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euc9MMRtuSg (Muppet version with the original singer) out of my head. I feel like the tally man with all the tallying I've been doing today....

Ermm... wait... if I'm the tally man... does that make me Fozzy????:confused:

EDIT: *snicker* "Did that one"...........:rolleyes:........ Thanks Leon- now I'm reading double entendres into everything! :P

lol, the world's more fun that way!

He's obviously never heard of commas!!

Or it's his artistic side yearning to express itself

Back in the 'hood we use commas like dental floss. I.e. hardly ever. :P

lame!

In other news,

I'm presenting to two......significant.....professors, several grad students and a bunch of undergrads in 2 days. arghhh. Might be 4 professors if both bring their spouses

Just came home from a 12-hour-long date with Woodward library and my MICB 401 lab manual and notes.

She's a cruel mistress that Woodward. While studying for board exams around 4am I actually hallucinated horses running thru the lower atrium while I was sitting up top - I took that as a sign to get some sleep.

Edit - I just realized I'm a HUGE sucker for rock(ish) songs with piano riffs or rhythm in them. Anybody have any suggestions?

Edit #2 - I've been informed it might be piano melody I like...original question still stands.

She's a cruel mistress that Woodward. While studying for board exams around 4am I actually hallucinated horses running thru the lower atrium while I was sitting up top - I took that as a sign to get some sleep.

Edit - I just realized I'm a HUGE sucker for rock(ish) songs with piano riffs or rhythm in them. Anybody have any suggestions?

Edit #2 - I've been informed it might be piano melody I like...original question still stands.

I'm feeling festive so this one is perfect (love how the little girl gets so into it! haha):

Or if you prefer this version of it (which... holy crap... how long/how did they coordinate all that!:eek:):

EDIT: Not sure if that's what you're looking for in terms of piano/rock mix...

I said I liked the melody of the song. You were right when the piano was a riff.

Archived