Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hope your day got better!

And by the way, your office looks sooo nice. It's like my dream office:)

Thanks! My day has gotten better. Going to my boyfriend's lab Christmas dinner tonight. I'm terribly shy in person, so hopefully it goes well!

And thanks for the compliment about my office! I was pretty inspired after visiting my sister this summer. She is so creative :)

Thanks! My day has gotten better. Going to my boyfriend's lab Christmas dinner tonight. I'm terribly shy in person, so hopefully it goes well!

Ugh... Those can be nerve-wracking. Hope it goes well!!! :)

My supervisor invited the boy to come over tomorrow for the Christmas party. Oh joy... :rolleyes: Now I actually have to dress up and I've been meaning to wear torn up jeans.. (well not really... but jeans)

So, just a random question...why are there so many carcinogenic compounds in cigarettes? Always thought that nicotine was the thing that made smoking addictive and made you feel 'good', but what is all the other junk for?

Tar makes it slow burning and more easily packaged. That itself is very carcinogenic. The rest of the crap is in there to serve one purpose or another. ex: keep it from decaying, give it a certain smell, etc.

Someone want to explain to me why I never charged the guy 9yrs ago? Hmmm? Cuz I'm an idiot.

Today was the worse day of my life. It's all good for the moment, but I can't give any details on here...at least not now.

Gonna implode. At some point.

*big e-hugs* Hope things work out for you Cnuss *hugs*

So, just a random question...why are there so many carcinogenic compounds in cigarettes? Always thought that nicotine was the thing that made smoking addictive and made you feel 'good', but what is all the other junk for?

Tar makes it slow burning and more easily packaged. That itself is very carcinogenic. The rest of the crap is in there to serve one purpose or another. ex: keep it from decaying, give it a certain smell, etc.

^This, and taste. Also aids with the addictive process. Also, because they can. Did you know no one (besides Big Tobacco) actually knows ALL the compunds/crap they put in there? All I know is that when I'm in the car when my parents are smoking I can literally feel my lungs crying out and shrivelling up. I can only imagine what theirs are doing.

Listening to Rihanna (please don't hate me) and doing (more) data entry/analysis. Putting off doing it (even though I need it done soon) because as soon as I'm done doing the Excel stuff (which I LOVE doing), I have to type out oodles and oodles of comments:eek: That'll take hours and hours.... *sigh*.... On a good note, my supervisor is looking at getting me funding for my project in the New Year, which will be super awesome, considering I was just supposed to be doing it "volunteer". SO stoked! Can't wait to get that project on the go. Will be a lot of work once it gets going, but I think it'll be interesting and should produce a few papers, as well as an opportunity for LOTS of follow-up research:D. Major plus to this: it doesn't involve rats/mice (I'm terrified of those) or any sort of bug/spider (which I am also terrified of). lol :P

Started writing about limb apraxia for one of my projects and came to a realization that it doesn't matter whether you pour boiled water and then put a spoon of coffee in it or put a spoon of coffee in a cup and then pour boiled water over it - it gives the same effect. And I was going to say that a disruption in this sequence of movements would give a horrible tasting coffee. LMAO... oh man... this is going to be one long night.

Holy hell, I hate bacterial pathogenesis. Why in the world did I take this course? Now I know that I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever do research with bacteria and all these little acronyms. Ever.

I have never loathed a course so much in my life.

sounds like my experience with "prokaryotic gene regulation". Most difficult exam of my entire undergrad (4 hour exam, all essay questions).

I've been sitting in the same conference room for 12.5 hours. Myself and a friend ordered ~50$ worth of pizza from Papa John's and have been cramming for our Cellular/Molecular Neuroscience exam on Tuesday. I've hit the wall and am starting to listen to techno remixes of music from Home Alone. I should go home soon.

so we moved all our furniture from the condo to the new house, and my room mate bought replacement furniture for the condo (he's keeping the condo to rent out).

But I can't move into the new house until I bring my bike back from NL this Christmas (as that will be my means to get to from/work).

So now I'm still at the condo, with the only source of a place to sleep a couch with about 1/10th the quality as the one that used to be here. I'm fairly certain between 2am and 7:30am I must've woken up 12 times. What brutally sucks is that I don't go home to St. John's for another 9 days.... ugh.

Ugh.

I think I just failed Process Control... and it was supposed to be the easiest of the 6.

Bracing myself for the disaster that will be Mass tomorrow by eating Skittles and trying to study.

I know that feeling......trust me! ;)

I'm sure you'll do better than you expect!! Good luck :)

Archived