Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

hking: Are you planning on running a half marathon? ;) Me too! Well I'm planning more of a triathlon and then a full marathon next year. Haha. How are you training for it?

I just ran the nike womens half marathon in San Fran on oct 17. I'll probably continue running with a few people from that. Usually do 2-3 short runs~ 30 minutes in length during the week and a distance run on the Sunday...

I wanted to do a tri this year, but don't have the money for equipment.

After the half I'll take it easy until July ish and train for new York full... Still in the lottery, but I've got some options for it. That's going to be my first full... I want to do it in 3:30... That's going to be fun.

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Worked out for the first time since September...

One of my fave workouts was to rotate between pullups/goblet-squats and do as many as I can in ~8 mins. I tried to do it today:

September: ~100 of each

Today: ~25 of each.... I lose

Garret,

If you are interested you should take a look at crossfit... They do some similar workouts and all you do is show up, give all you've got and then leave.

My last workout was 3 rounds of: 12 reps 135lb deadlift, 21 box jumps (24"), 500 m row... For time. ~11 min. It was awesome. You do other stuff too like a warm up, stretching, work on a specific exercise then do the workout of the day... Stretch and go home. It's an hour and you feel pretty swell afterwards.

Garret,

If you are interested you should take a look at crossfit... They do some similar workouts and all you do is show up, give all you've got and then leave.

My last workout was 3 rounds of: 12 reps 135lb deadlift, 21 box jumps (24"), 500 m row... For time. ~11 min. It was awesome. You do other stuff too like a warm up, stretching, work on a specific exercise then do the workout of the day... Stretch and go home. It's an hour and you feel pretty swell afterwards.

Yes please. Sign me up haha. That's all I do is weird/fun workouts where it's kind of a full body workout/cardio with weights. :P

I've been meaning to try that game. I downloaded the demo and wasn't impressed with the quality and the submission controls. How do you find that and how would you compare it to UFC Undisputed 2009/10?

Regardless, MMA games are way too much fun. They blow Madden right out of the water.

I personally like it A LOT more then the UFC games. The online play is seamless and there really aren't any exploits/cheats that people use to win. there is downloadable fighters so the entire UFC roster is available FREE.

Career mode is VERY fun and have a lot of replayability.

First full day back at the gym with my glasses on. Friends said I looked sophisticated. :cool:

It felt good being able to see the numbers on the weights on the racks 10 metres away.

Man I can't do gym time with glasses; they fall off or bother me all the time!

Only time I ever wear contact lenses.

Yeah that video is blowing up and I hope it reaches 500,000 one day lol. And yeah, Duffee was stupid to take this fight but then again, he has a puncher's chance at getting back into the UFC with a HUGE pay raise. The event starts at 4am but I am sure Duffee-Overeem won't be until 7 or 8am. The sad thing is that its for the Dream HW title (interim).

Yeah I know I have my alarm set and I am going to take a 2 or 3 hour nap right now, I was going to skip the first 1-2 fights but Bob Sapp is the first fight and I can't miss that lol.

*fist pump*

I finally got all of my returns packed up and ready to go!!! There is a whole bunch of stuff to return via UPS.

1) Done things I dreaded:

- Make returns

- Make dinner

- Tried foundation

2) Time to relax and know I did it!

Phew.

Archived