Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At least you're getting grades...I'm still 1/4 on marks

I got 2/5. The registrar's pretty slow this month.

One of my profs also posted this:

Marks: It is against academic policy to solicit un-earned marks (Section V.15 of the Academic Handbook). Instructors and course administrators (TAs, lab technicians, course and lab coordinators etc) are not to engage students in discussion regarding their grades once posted on ROSI unless the proper procedures have been followed (see Clerical Checks and Re-reads below). Please do not email or approach the instructor, course administrator or chair/head of the department asking for extra marks to raise your cGPA, prevent suspension, pass the course etc. We reserve the right to take corrective action against students who do this (ie: involving the Dean).

smiley_2.gif

All that's missing is a title saying : "Attention all premeds!" haha

Finally home (as of noon). What a fiasco and a half! So my flight in Montreal was delayed for 3 hours!!! (AFTER going through security of course:rolleyes:)... first they said 20 minutes. Then we board the plane, are about to taxi away.... and then they tell us that the weather in Toronto has taken a turn for the worse (ie snowing "like crazy")... so we have to deplane since it will be an hour. Then sitting there, we find out it will be more like 2. I have a connecting flight in Toronto that I'm worried about catching, but according to Calgary (apparently the "control centre") everything should be fine since if flights weren't landing in Toronto, they obviously weren't taking off either. So, 3 hours after I'm supposed to take off, we finally do. Then when we land in Toronto (which didn't look to have much snow at all), I get paged to go to the counter (which I assumed was to tell me exactly which gate to go to and to tell me to haul ass). I get to the counter and they hand me a food and hotel voucher (as well as a plane ticket for the next day).... apparently I (and at least 10-20 other people) "missed" the connecting flight.... even though it was still actually at the terminal (I know this since it was actually right beside my plane that just landed). So I had to spend the night in Toronto. Too bad I didn't know in Montreal that that would happen- I would have told them I'd just stay there and they could just switch my flight and not have to worry about hotel and food- it would have saved them money! lol. Overall they were super nice and helpful and everything. That's why I like flying West Jet :D.

All you Torontonians need to learn how to deal with a little bit of snow :P.

Had an awesome holiday. Now it's back to reality:rolleyes: Too bad vacations can't go on forever! Time to put the nose to the grindstone and get back to work. *sigh* When's my next vacation?....

Finally home (as of noon). What a fiasco and a half! So my flight in Montreal was delayed for 3 hours!!! (AFTER going through security of course:rolleyes:)... first they said 20 minutes. Then we board the plane, are about to taxi away.... and then they tell us that the weather in Toronto has taken a turn for the worse (ie snowing "like crazy")... so we have to deplane since it will be an hour. Then sitting there, we find out it will be more like 2. I have a connecting flight in Toronto that I'm worried about catching, but according to Calgary (apparently the "control centre") everything should be fine since if flights weren't landing in Toronto, they obviously weren't taking off either. So, 3 hours after I'm supposed to take off, we finally do. Then when we land in Toronto (which didn't look to have much snow at all), I get paged to go to the counter (which I assumed was to tell me exactly which gate to go to and to tell me to haul ass). I get to the counter and they hand me a food and hotel voucher (as well as a plane ticket for the next day).... apparently I (and at least 10-20 other people) "missed" the connecting flight.... even though it was still actually at the terminal (I know this since it was actually right beside my plane that just landed). So I had to spend the night in Toronto. Too bad I didn't know in Montreal that that would happen- I would have told them I'd just stay there and they could just switch my flight and not have to worry about hotel and food- it would have saved them money! lol. Overall they were super nice and helpful and everything. That's why I like flying West Jet :D.

All you Torontonians need to learn how to deal with a little bit of snow :P.

Had an awesome holiday. Now it's back to reality:rolleyes: Too bad vacations can't go on forever! Time to put the nose to the grindstone and get back to work. *sigh* When's my next vacation?....

Once I was in Toronto tryong to get back home, which is only a 30 minute flight, but the plane couldn't land, so I had to spend the day & night in TO. Westjet gave everyone vouchers for lunch, dinner, and breakfast the next day. Plus, they put us up in the hotel across the street. The customer service people were fairly good, given the circumstances. I met some people who were trying to get to Montreal at the same time and they said that Air Canada gave them nothing and they slept at the airport. Now I fly Westjet whenever I have the option.

We finally got that snow here. It started snowing yesterday morning and hasn't really stopped. I've already shovelled twice.

That was me yesterday. But the forecasts say the storm's passed and I hope it holds true. Driving has been miserable.

It was more than a little. :P

You sound pretty happy about the whole ordeal judging by the abundance of emoticons lol

Lol- it was just a little... compared to what we've had here anyways. More than a foot of snow has fallen here in the past 24 hours. What Toronto had was just a little snow :P

Very nice of WestJet.. Air Canada asks customers to purchase insurance for this sort of thing.

Once I was in Toronto tryong to get back home, which is only a 30 minute flight, but the plane couldn't land, so I had to spend the day & night in TO. Westjet gave everyone vouchers for lunch, dinner, and breakfast the next day. Plus, they put us up in the hotel across the street. The customer service people were fairly good, given the circumstances. I met some people who were trying to get to Montreal at the same time and they said that Air Canada gave them nothing and they slept at the airport. Now I fly Westjet whenever I have the option.

I know! West Jet is so awesome! I can't believe they did that actually. I was expecting a wonderful night's stay at Chez Uncomfortable Airport Seat. Definitely flying West Jet only from now on- they made a not-so-positive experience into a decently positive one. :)

So my fire alarm went off 2 times in the morning because I was making eggs. Who in their right mind sets the fire alarm to SO f^%$^%^%^#^$ sensitive?! Yeah... that would be my landlord. :rolleyes:

On another note, don't know how to feel about any progressions in my life. I have no idea whether they're good or bad. I feel like sleeping all day. Sigh

My smoke detector goes off when I make slightly toasted toast. It's ridiculous.

Yeah, I meant smoke detector. LOL. But this one doesn't even go off at the sight of smoke... It feels heat. I will call it the "Heat detector". It aggregated me so much, I actually called my mom to cry. Haha.

So I got this nice dress from LeChateau and I don't know when to wear it. lol.

Anyway, I hyperventilated this week at a sight of certain someone. That has NEVER happened to me before. Boggles my mind. :o lol.

I'm bored so I'm playing RuneScape. That's how bored I am. I have absolutely nothing to do today. I can't even study because we haven't gotten past the syllabus in any of my courses. I did finish my research proposal today, though.
You can do some of my work for me. I'm running logistic regressions- fun stuff. :rolleyes:

nice chew out of the chiros

Haha, you caught that eh?

Only a little jab. Meant more in jest than anything.

Although, I've read some very disparaging comments from chiropractors in the US talking about how much of a quack science it is and how disappointed they are that they got into it in the first place. Personally, I'm open to it... I haven't utilized their services as I haven't felt the need yet, but I know others that swear by it. I'd be a little hesitant to let somebody adjust my neck...

What I was really trying to say was my philosophy is to go see a doctor first as the family physician should be frontline. Then, based on how that goes I would move forward with either chiro, neuro, massage, pt... etc.

Haha, you caught that eh?

Only a little jab. Meant more in jest than anything.

Although, I've read some very disparaging comments from chiropractors in the US talking about how much of a quack science it is and how disappointed they are that they got into it in the first place. Personally, I'm open to it... I haven't utilized their services as I haven't felt the need yet, but I know others that swear by it. I'd be a little hesitant to let somebody adjust my neck...

What I was really trying to say was my philosophy is to go see a doctor first as the family physician should be frontline. Then, based on how that goes I would move forward with either chiro, neuro, massage, pt... etc.

I had my neck out once, on Remembrance day. The only way I could get out of bed was to take a bunch of painkillers and get into a hot shower. I called my dad.

Dad gave me the home # for his chiro, who came into the office to see me. He did my neck (yeah, it was freaky, but I needed it).

I've been a few times since. My Si joint needs adjusting on occaision. I can't go too often though because of my Ehler-Danlos syndrome. :)

Bottom line- just go to the chiro first. You don't want the runaround. Try to find one that is more science and less quack- they're out there.

Archived