Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

That came across as attacking? :confused: Gee, I was trying to be conciliatory and provide a way out. If he has been intentionally ignoring your emails, surely he is aware that your relationship is suffering in some way.

Yeah. He's overly sensitive. :rolleyes: And I am sure he is. Well, let's hope so.

What is the typical male thing??

I work with almost exclusively with men, and I find the best strategy if they don't respond to my emails is to walk into their office and say "hey, I sent you an email. Stop ignoring me, I need an answer!!"

Either way, good luck with this guy, hope it works out and you can move on with your project! :)

Thanks.

You're insane if you think he's put your e-mail on spam.

Agreed. :D

LOL. You don't even know about whom I'm talking. lol. It's NOT the person you're thinking. lol.

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OMGOMGOMG!!!!! I DELIVERED A BABY BY MYSELF WITHOUT AN ATTENDING. *gasp*

Everything went well :)

congrats renin! i knew you had it in you...

Just came back from a friend's b-day dinner! We went to The Pit Pub at UBC at first but it was taking too long to get to the front of the line, so we ended up going to a restaurant on Alma.

Apparently, the skytrain shuts down at 1am and so I ended up walking about 10 km from the nearest bus stop. They offered me to stay over but I stupidly did not.

my little brother got beat up in port moody on new years eve after deciding to walk home/catch the bus instead of staying over at his sisters place.

i'm going to assume that you didn't since you posted afterwards.

be safe mith!

Ah!! Just got the news that I'm going to be in a publication! Weeooo :D

Edit - 2 publications!

congratulations cerena! very cool.

p.s. i'm liking this multi quote business...

I actually did get jumped two years ago in August by two guys. My friend was there too. I know how to box and my friend knows jiu jitsu, so it wasn't very much of a fight and we called the cops afterwards. I guess we were fortunate they didn't have any weapons.

yeah, weapons would suck... especially if you took them away from the other guy. ;)

little bro had 3 guys jump on him from behind as he was walking away. He was pretty intoxicated, but he held his own... sort of. Couple cracked ribs and a bloody nose- not bad when you've got 3 guys attacking you.

boys can be stupid sometimes.

i'm pretty sure i'll be snowed in by tomorrow morning. thanks winnipeg...

re: the above topics

my friend and i went to the kings of leon concert in vancouver in august 09. she and i were driving back to our friend's condo in surrey, but she got us lost in this super sketchy part of whalley. we were followed 3 times that night... it was creepy as hell

at least the concert rocked

epic first reply. any jeep owners here?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/96-jeep-cherokee-need-opinions-1149721/

'96 Jeep Cherokee: Need Opinions

So, my boyfriend bought a '96 Cherokee (XJ) SE, for way too much, like around $3,000. It broke down and he has put another $2,500 in it and totally rebuilt the engine and did a lot of after market work on it. He has and will do all the labor himself, he refuses to pay for labor. Now, he finds out that the motor needs to be taken back out and fixed again and is looking at another $700. I said he should just sell it and wipe his hands clean, he says he won't make enough.

Firstly, what is your guys' opinion on what he should do? Secondly, how much do you think he could make parting it versus just the whole car as is?

Thanks for your guys' opinions!

You want my opinion? Ok…

Shut the hell up. You’re not his wife. You’re not paying for the repairs. It’s absolutely none of your business what he does with his Jeep or his money. I know your type well… first it’s “Sell the Jeep because it’s costing too much money.” Then it’s “No, you can’t go spend the weekend with your buddies because I need you to take me shopping.” Then it’s “Oh gee, honey… I’m pregnant. Gosh, I have no idea how that happened.”

You’re a DreamKiller. You kill a guy’s dreams, take away his future, tie him down with a fat mortgage and too many babies, and turn him into just another miserable guy wondering, “How the hell did I get here?”

Do you really want to help him? Here’s what you do… go to your local library (it’s a big building with books inside) and check out a couple of books on rebuilding engines. Read them, over and over, until YOU understand what needs to be done. Then help him get that engine out and rebuild it. Tie your hair back in a ponytail, put on some old jeans and get your hands dirty. Hand him wrenches, hold the light, pull the wire connectors apart, help him get the hood off… help him with anything he needs. When he gets tired, run inside and make him a hot lunch or dinner. Fix him coffee, hot chocolate, whatever he wants. (But NO beer. Beer is for when the job is done.)

Then when the day is over and you’re both exhausted from working on the engine, push him into a hot shower and jump in with him. Scrub his back, wash his hair, rinse him off, and dry him with fluffy towels still hot from the dryer. Then push him into bed and screw his ears off. Then get up the next day and do it all over again.

Make him realize that rebuilding an engine is a slow and methodical process. Make him realize that every step should be regarded as surgery; every step must be perfect… perfect torque, perfect fit, perfectly clean. If you run into a step that you just can’t figure out, ask for help from someone who knows what he’s doing. Are you cute? Put on a low-cut top, show some cleavage and go (by yourself) to the local Jeep shop, and explain to the guys that you are helping your boyfriend to rebuild his engine and neither of you can figure out this one little step, and do they have any advice…

Think it won’t work? Think again. We guys love to help cute girls, even if they have a boyfriend. (Hey, maybe you’ve got a sister, or girlfriend…)

But absolutely DO NOT whine or complain. Do not say a single negative thing. Not a single “Oooooo, I broke a nail.” If you break a nail, or cut your finger, or bang a knuckle, you just shut up and DEAL WITH IT. You should be a hopelessly optomistic, never-say-die cheerleader, encouraging him every step of the way.

That’s my opinion.

Re: the jeep thing...

Maybe this is the wrong day for me to say anything. It was the worst day ever at work yesterday, and in many other ways as well.

You guys- you have no idea what I see day in and day out by people who "refuse to pay for labour." Hands down, they are the most unsafe vehicles running around- it happens so often that a person who does their own oil changes has to get their vehicle towed in becuase of whatever major, major issue that a trained tech would have picked up on had we just had it in, once per year even, for an oil change.

These guys, and they're usually guys but not always, are "penny wise and pound foolish", refusing to see that the money they save is going to cost them in the end.

She should DTMFA, lest he turn out like the guy who insisted we put the "cheapest" brakes on the SUV his wife/kids drive around everywhere (this was a guy who knows fully well that an extra $20 on brakes improves both longevity and safety to a great degree).

But what do I know, I'm just a girl who lives with a guy who owns 20+ Land Cruisers :) (it's the business, BTW)

He can do whatever he wants with whatever money he has... money, and spending money on things I supposedly want, is not something that I care about too often. BUT he's not allowed to tell me I have too many running shoes, EVER AGAIN. :D

Listen, I"ve just had a really bad week. School wise, great, but home wise, not.

Guys can be ****s and girls can be ****s, but guys with jeeps who keep pouring money and time and neglecting other more imprtant things in life are often ****s. I you have the money and time, and it's a hobby, fine, but otherwise, they just have to give it up and buy a well-maintained landcruiser.

She should DTMFA, lest he turn out like the guy who insisted we put the "cheapest" brakes on the SUV his wife/kids drive around everywhere (this was a guy who knows fully well that an extra $20 on brakes improves both longevity and safety to a great degree).

I know a Dan Savage reader when I see one :)

I'm sorry you had such a bad week, I hope things turn around!

Archived