Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How the hell do I get rid of this huge bruise on my lower thigh from a hockey puck?!?!?!?! GAAAAAH. It hurts like a biatch and now it is purple. SOOOO attractive. lol.

Thank God is not bikini season yet! ;)

Try some heat packs, maybe? It'll probably reduce some of the discomfort and get new blood flowing in there to flush out some of the old dead stuff. Someone recommended rubbing white vinegar on hickies to my friend to make them less evident but since I haven't tried it, I can't attest to its effectiveness in bruise appearance management.

2nd ct scan...see if i have an orbital fracture...ugh.

:( Poor you.

How the hell do I get rid of this huge bruise on my lower thigh from a hockey puck?!?!?!?! GAAAAAH. It hurts like a biatch and now it is purple. SOOOO attractive. lol.

lol, I have one like that from my boots and it's been there for like 4 months.

If boys ask about it, I just say, "No, you can't touch it." >__>

Try some heat packs, maybe? It'll probably reduce some of the discomfort and get new blood flowing in there to flush out some of the old dead stuff. Someone recommended rubbing white vinegar on hickies to my friend to make them less evident but since I haven't tried it, I can't attest to its effectiveness in bruise appearance management.

Well, I've tried ice. lol. I put ice right away when I got nailed, but that didn't help the situation. :/ I'll try heat packs. I think it will go away soon... at least I hope.

lol, I have one like that from my boots and it's been there for like 4 months.

If boys ask about it, I just say, "No, you can't touch it." >__>

Don't tell me that!!!!! lol I need my leg back in 2 weeks. Conference and nice skirts are in..... garbage legs are out! lol

How to tell if a boy is rich.

How tight are his pants?

LOL. Maybe...lol. I will snag a picture of it some time this or next week and post it. You should see how tight they can get! lol

Or in some cases... How to tell if a boy is into girls or not :P

LOL. Are you suggesting they might be gay? lol

I locked myself out of the science research building today and had to walk all around the campus in the cold before i could get back in *face palms self*

Sounds about right. Same thing happened to me at York. It was pretty bad.

Thanks Dalton McGuinty! :D

I just got to see Justin Bieber's new movie with my little brother due to this holiday you call "Family Day".

I can still hear the high-pitched shrieking...

At least he was extremely thankful that I took him :P

I'm so sorry. lol

I was supposed to see the Bieber movie with some friends, but I was too "sick" to go. I just can't understand what "journey" he's gone through that needs a book and movie.

now that i know 1sthand...northbay hospital is great....having a seizure and beating ur face up duri reading wk..not so good

2nd ct scan...see if i have an orbital fracture...ugh.

OMG!!! Cnuss! I hope you're ok! *big giant e-hugs* What happened? How long will you be in the hospital? *hugs!*

In my experience- nothing works on bruises. My butt, knees, and hands are a constant beautiful (if you can call it that) hue of purple/black from skating. But then again, that could just be because I keep falling on the same part every day. If you don't repeatedly hit it, depending on how bad it is, it should be gone within a week or two. Never heard of the vinegar one, but I have heard that toothpaste apparently helps (not sure why). How effective either are, I don't know. Sometimes gently rubbing/pressing the bruise can help it degrade from a beautiful purple to a pink-red colour (and eventually to the gross yellow/green colour). Either that or if anyone at the conference says anything, you can give them a seductive look and ask if there was a special reason their eyes were down there;), or you can just say that you got in a fight with a hockey puck- and the hockey puck won :P

EDIT: Anyone know how to get the smell of fresh garlic off of silicone? I had my blackberry in the kitchen while I was making the sauce for lasagna, and apparently some garlic either managed to spray on my protective case, or after I was texting someone, I put it down in "garlic juice spray" without realizing it. Ew. Now it smells like garlic. I guess no vampires will be attacking me (as long as I have my phone)! :rolleyes:

K...I'm out now so I'll give a more detailed story: Wednesday I started taking Wellbutrin 300mg...from Wednesday to Friday I felt incredibly dizzy, nauseaus and..."off"..Friday night, my mouth turned dry and I couldn't really swallow...in a panic that I may be allergic, I took off to the hospital.

Led to triage in the ER, sitting on a stretcher...nurse leaves room...then I wake up on a stretcher coated in blood with 6 people standing over me, an IV in, and an ECG strapped on me...apparently, I had a seizure, smashed my face off of the sink and was convulsing on the floor when the nurse came back in (Wellbutrin...ugh)...my glasses lacerated my brow making me have five stitches...apparently I might have a blow-out fracture of my orbit (those results come in tomorrow)...my eye was swollen and black...just black and purple now...really hurts. My cheek is tender, my top lip is black underneath and swollen on top...three of my teeth have been "moved" to a new position (dentist thinks they "might" be okay).

They start asking me where I am, the date, etc...and when I answer the nurse says "she got them right this time"...I say, "I didn't answer any before"...she said "oh yeah, you were awake a while ago and didn't know anything". A concussion too. Lovely.

Friday night til Monday afternoon in North Bay's brand new hospital (which is quite lovely) with people watching me like a hawk thinking I was going to seize again. Yea. And...apparently after you have a seizure, you cannot drive until you see a neurologist...and if I don't have a seizure disorder, will still have to take anti-seizure meds (regardless of quitting the wellbutrin) in order to be allowed to drive for a year. ****. Well...better than seizing at home and not knowing it?

Not exactly what I had hoped to accomplish this weekend.

poor cnus.

i'm glad you are ok now...

feel better little one.

K...I'm out now so I'll give a more detailed story: Wednesday I started taking Wellbutrin 300mg...from Wednesday to Friday I felt incredibly dizzy, nauseaus and..."off"..Friday night, my mouth turned dry and I couldn't really swallow...in a panic that I may be allergic, I took off to the hospital.

Led to triage in the ER, sitting on a stretcher...nurse leaves room...then I wake up on a stretcher coated in blood with 6 people standing over me, an IV in, and an ECG strapped on me...apparently, I had a seizure, smashed my face off of the sink and was convulsing on the floor when the nurse came back in (Wellbutrin...ugh)...my glasses lacerated my brow making me have five stitches...apparently I might have a blow-out fracture of my orbit (those results come in tomorrow)...my eye was swollen and black...just black and purple now...really hurts. My cheek is tender, my top lip is black underneath and swollen on top...three of my teeth have been "moved" to a new position (dentist thinks they "might" be okay).

They start asking me where I am, the date, etc...and when I answer the nurse says "she got them right this time"...I say, "I didn't answer any before"...she said "oh yeah, you were awake a while ago and didn't know anything". A concussion too. Lovely.

Friday night til Monday afternoon in North Bay's brand new hospital (which is quite lovely) with people watching me like a hawk thinking I was going to seize again. Yea. And...apparently after you have a seizure, you cannot drive until you see a neurologist...and if I don't have a seizure disorder, will still have to take anti-seizure meds (regardless of quitting the wellbutrin) in order to be allowed to drive for a year. ****. Well...better than seizing at home and not knowing it?

omg! Super kudos to going to the hospital asap. It would've been way harder otherwise.

Are the kids ok? Wishing a speedy recovery.

Justin Bieber's "baby" is approaching 500 million views in youtube. I think that makes history? lol

I'm so sorry. lol

I was supposed to see the Bieber movie with some friends, but I was too "sick" to go. I just can't understand what "journey" he's gone through that needs a book and movie.

The industries are just trying to milk as much $$ as possible before the sensation passes. Has his voice changed yet? It doesn't sound very 16ish....

Thanks Leon, yeah...the only thing that could have "hopefully" happened if I stayed home is a seizure in my bed unnoticed...but then...how long would it have been before I quit the drug? Could have taken one driving, then, I suppose...yikes.

Kids were pretty upset to see my eye and stitches...but they're okay now.

My head feels like...well...like it was smashed by a sink.

I think I'm gonna cry....my head...well, you can imagine how that feels...and I can't see a neurologist for months--I can't drive until I see a neurologist! Sigh.

Gosh, I hope you get better soon!

So after 2 months of thinking that I really did do so horribly on my exam (a 47.6/100!!!), I managed to view my final exam today and turns out that the "47.6" was really a 97.6 -_- which brings my gpa up by quite a bit. Seriously though, I wish whoever at that time was entering my marks could have at least taken the few seconds to have looked at the marks I received for each section. Now I just have to meet up with the prof to show him this and hopefully he'll change it rather than me submitting a formal clerical check request.

All in all, I think I can breathe a bit easier today lol.

100th post!!

I think I'm gonna cry....my head...well, you can imagine how that feels...and I can't see a neurologist for months--I can't drive until I see a neurologist! Sigh.

Really sorry to hear about all of this- I hope you feel better soon.

I got a wisdom tooth pulled today, which kind of pales in comparison.

Archived