Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can totally sympathize! As you can tell from my handle, I'm a runner and marathons and half-marathons are my favourite distances. I'm slow, but running is such a part of who I am and it really helps with stress relief and keeping my mood stable.

I hope you get some answers about the back pain. It's definitely not fun to deal with (I fractured my L2 vertebra years back, but fortunately running and staying fit actually helps to prevent back pain for me, instead of making it worse.)

Thanks! Running made it better in the beginning, but I followed a doc's advice and didn't run for a few months and now it seems to make it worse. :( Running definitely makes the SI/sciatica worse.

It feels great right now, post 35-min blast run.

The hip is slightly inflamed. Perfect.

Swimming and cycling seems to be fine at this point, so maybe I will be a better triathlete as a result! :)

that sucks dude, i slept in an airport once because of something similar, not fun, although a bit entertaining!

did they pay for the hotel at least?

My Calgary interview follies continue. My flight home flew all the way to PG only to determine that they couldn't land due to weather and headed back to Vancouver.

Now I'm stuck in an airport hotel until tommorow afternoon. Somebody wanna entertain me?

One of my co-workers got sick on Friday, and needed last minute replacing for the weekend. I didn't think too much of it, and the schedule was all sorted out by the time I got to the office.

What I didn't realize was that my boss cancelled his vacation plans for the weekend, and took the shifts himself so that I would still be able to travel to U of C for my interview - all without mentioning anything to me.

That's leadership.

One of my co-workers got sick on Friday, and needed last minute replacing for the weekend. I didn't think too much of it, and the schedule was all sorted out by the time I got to the office.

What I didn't realize was that my boss cancelled his vacation plans for the weekend, and took the shifts himself so that I would still be able to travel to U of C for my interview - all without mentioning anything to me.

That's leadership.

Wow. That must be heart-warming :) I love it considerate people.

That's leadership.

That's so nice!

That's leadership.

Wow, sounds like a very caring boss.

tell me about it (w.r.t. Calgary being spread out)

Interview day today!!!

Did you go to Moose's after? Because I was there and there was a guy talking to someone else and someone called him Mike and I thought "Oh, I should see if that's Newf." and then I met some other people and forgot about the guy who may or may not have been you. That's my random story of the day. lol

My Calgary interview follies continue. My flight home flew all the way to PG only to determine that they couldn't land due to weather and headed back to Vancouver.

Now I'm stuck in an airport hotel until tommorow afternoon. Somebody wanna entertain me?

Um, OK, let me get this straight...

You are looking for someone to "entertain" you in a hotel?

There are people you can hire for that, you know. ;):P

Fever gone for what I can tell: thank you to everyone concerned. My lungs are about to collapse from coughing though...I actually begin to gag before the fits end.

I am slowly going crazy...1,2,3,4,5,6 switch!

Lol...opening the doors to the lab and my prof walks out "Hey boss...woah...you should stop getting into fights"

omgggg.......:(

I am going to pray to the exam gods that the upcoming exams are easy peasy. Why didn't I start studying sooner....why? why? why????

Why is it cumulative???? :(

I feel your pain. I have 3 midterms this week. Good luck with your exams!

I had a kind of strange situation at work yesterday- I got a phone call from the local RCMP detachment. Apparently, the guy we fired about a month ago is applying there and listed one of our other employees (eric) as his "employer", and as a reference, without asking eric.

The RCMP recruiter is coming to our business on Thursday to ask eric about "his" employee.

Should be interesting.

I feel your pain. I have 3 midterms this week. Good luck with your exams!

good luck with yours as well!

You may be in luck because the exam gods shined on my physics and chem. eng. midterms last week. I focussed all my studying time on physics and luckily chem. eng. was really easy.

GOOD LUCK:D

Remember.. only 1 and half for months to go! :cool:

haha. this makes me feel semi better. :P

Archived