Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

haha... so true, the rat race never ends, forget what everyone says about pass/fail... med school goes turns into a social networking/volunteering/research rat race instead of a grade based one. although one improvement is that you get a totally unnecessary loc to have fun with, seriously :) .

The novelty wears off in 6 months. Back to bottom of the totem pole. :rolleyes:

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn you data!!!! I wonder why the heck you exist sometimes! Day 3 of no sleep. Day 3 of pure calculations. All I've been doing is running calculations that are supposed to be due tomorrow. Ugh.... :mad:

Made a total fool out of myself in front of another prof because of one of my supervisors. LOL. But it's all good. The prof loves me to death for some reason. lol.

And I love startling people. I'm sitting there, going through my data, hoping it would go away, and the boy walks into the room, gets all confused, says hi, then wants to sit at the same table as me but sees a friend of mine there, so he turns around and sits at another table facing us. LOL. And then obviously, I made it uncomfortable by just pounding through my data - he couldn't concentrate during his meeting and it was hilarious (not that the meeting was one of those very important ones). LOL. It's great - the effect I have on some men. lmao.

Let me add to all the misery here today.

I had the hardest exam of my life yesterday. I think UofT profs are truly specialized in creating tests that are totally useless and redundant and which are incapable of distinguishing between people that study and people that don't.

Wwwwwwwwwhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyy did I come hereeeeeeeee

Lol... seems like we have a theme going here!

*e-hugs to everyone!*

To add to it.... I'm feeling completely overwhelmed right now. There is literally so much going on I don't even know what to do. Between the courses I'm (attempting) to take/get through, training for provincials in exactly 17 days (EEEKKK!!!!), being exceedingly nervous about said competition (losing my double loop is not helping with said nerves), starting a new job, getting ready to start prepping a poster for a conference coming up (which isn't currently adding to stress, but will very, very soon), applying for nursing programs and trying to find scholarships/bursaries/free money/winning the lottery (to help the fact that I'm moving out next year come hell or high water), things at home turning from worse to f'ing terrible, and keeping up with other ECs like my volunteering, coaching, partnering, and research. Sometimes I feel like this:

would be just as effective as what I'm doing now! (sorry- couldn't find a GOOD short version of that. It literally does it for 10 mins straight! lol)

I guess I do this to myself though and I'm really enjoying everything (minus the stress at home and the skating frustration at my own lack of ability right now). One thing's for sure- I won't be bored for awhile!:rolleyes:

Let's change the tone of the tread- positive thinking attracts more positive thinking and therefore postitive things (or at least that's what I tell myself when things seem to just be sucky). I've won 2 free "coffees" from Timmy's so far! :D Going to cash in my "Coffee" for an apple cider tomorrow probably:) Also, it's far in the future, but I'm moving out at the end of July- SO exciting!!! :D

I haven't had a sunshine and rainbows day for a long time.

Just had to comment here..

Today started off as sunshine and rainbows till organic chemistry.... The girl I sat beside spilled hot coffee -with extra sugar unfortunately- all over my pants.:eek: I had to ride the bus for 45 minutes with wet sticky pants.

FML... :mad: That made my day

Just had to comment here..

Today started off as sunshine and rainbows till organic chemistry.... The girl I sat beside spilled hot coffee -with extra sugar unfortunately- all over my pants.:eek: I had to ride the bus for 45 minutes with wet sticky pants.

FML... :mad: That made my day

Was she attractive?

Speaking of exams, someone stole an exam paper from my exam room today and all I hear was the prof yelling "HEY YOU!" and she starts running after him in her heels...talk about a start to an exam. Not sure if the guy was caught though...

Results from second CT scan: nasty fracture on right antrum. Fine...that explains the constant headache....

Results from ECG: minor infarct. ****. I have a seizure, concussion, fracture and a ****ing infarct?!

My buddy in the department: "Natural selection is trying to take you out".

Lol, thanks.

****ity **** ****. Date with a neurologist and an internist.

Oh my goodness! :eek: Thanks just horrible. :( I hope you heal quickly and feel better soon. Take care of yourself. I've only ever had one of either a concussion or a fracture to deal with at once, and they are plenty enough on their own, so I can't imagine what you are going through.

Results from second CT scan: nasty fracture on right antrum. Fine...that explains the constant headache....

Results from ECG: minor infarct. ****. I have a seizure, concussion, fracture and a ****ing infarct?!

Lol, thanks.

Lol, thanks.

:( Speedy recovery!

Okay that's it for tonight. I'm off home.... My supervisor "suggested" I get some sleep because I'll work "better" tomorrow. lol. But he did manage to call me MULTIPLE times while in the lab to discuss presentation questions before I even started the presentation.... oh what a guy! lol. I need to send him a "thank you" card or something.

Oooh do I understand how you must feel right now!! I hope you will get the credit for your work and will receive the well deserved recognition :)

C

Supervisor just emailed me and asked me to finish off a powerpoint presentation he's working on. I open up the file and he's only done 3 slides (out of 40!). He's had like 3 weeks to work on it and I now only have until tomorrow. :mad:

My household's feeling pretty anti-science right now. My younger sis has had INTENSE stomachaches, diarrhoea and bloating. She was first diagnosed with lactose intolerance 3 yrs ago but not she has these symptoms every f****** day and sometimes just collapses on the floor unable to move. And all she's eating right now is veggies and rice and fruit juices. Literally.

After extensive tests the docs said she's got "irritable bowel syndrome" which pretty much has no cause and cure. I don't know WTF to think, say or do right now.

My household's feeling pretty anti-science right now. My younger sis has had INTENSE stomachaches, diarrhoea and bloating. She was first diagnosed with lactose intolerance 3 yrs ago but not she has these symptoms every f****** day and sometimes just collapses on the floor unable to move. And all she's eating right now is veggies and rice and fruit juices. Literally.

After extensive tests the docs said she's got "irritable bowel syndrome" which pretty much has no cause and cure. I don't know WTF to think, say or do right now.

Test her for Chronn's? Runs in my family...that stuff really does suck. I hope she figures out a diet that works for her...don't give up!

Oooh do I understand how you must feel right now!! I hope you will get the credit for your work and will receive the well deserved recognition :)

C

My "credit" is a potential 2nd author in NEJM, so I'd say that I'm willing to do the slides. I just wish he's given me more time! Anyway, I've done about half of it already. Break time. lol

Archived