Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This made me think. And it's 8:45am, so it's too early for me to be thinking right now. :(

Last train trip for the "season". Hopefully there's not another derailment.

I was pretty heavily intoxicated last night. We lost 5-2...lol. or "slaughtered" and it was an interesting rest of the night.... VERY interesting... :D

Need advice: what are your strategies for still having enough energy to stay up late (late as in past midnight) to complete work? Coffee and tea both don't seem to work on me and I refuse to drink energy drinks like Red Bull. It's funny because even though I sleep 7-8 hrs every night, I still feel tired =S

Need advice: what are your strategies for still having enough energy to stay up late (late as in past midnight) to complete work? Coffee and tea both don't seem to work on me and I refuse to drink energy drinks like Red Bull. It's funny because even though I sleep 7-8 hrs every night, I still feel tired =S

Exercise? Walking outside? Trance music? lol and your goal being pasted right in front of you. :)

Sleep in breaks. Or sleep early, wake up early (for instance, sleep at 9, wake up at 5). I am usually more productive in the morning when everyone else is asleep).

I try to go out to the library. If I stay home I'll always got to sleep at 12 no matter what.

Lively music, coffee, sweets, studying with someone... all proven to work for me.

Try espresso shots instead of just coffee? Or give energy drinks a chance.. yes they'll kill you but as long as its not every other night you'll be fine. I usually end up having a couple around exam time when I need to pull crazy hours..

And if those fail and you still refuse to try an energy drink try playing a few songs in stepmania. I dunno how effective it would be on easy songs but once you get fairly good, whenever you start to doze off you start it up, play 2 - 3 songs (~5-10 mins) and your brain is energized and ready to go for another hour or 2 then jsut rinse and repeat as needed.

And as for what i'm currently doing... off to get bubble tea, woop!

Exercise.

I also refuse to drink energy drinks, so I liberally drink Diet Coke. ;) Plus, I'm hypothyroid and have a tendency to develop anemia easily, so I get my blood levels checked whenever I find I'm dragging more than usual, especially when it happens when I'm getting 8-9 hours of sleep a night.

Exercise? Walking outside? Trance music? lol and your goal being pasted right in front of you. :)

Yea..exercise..one of those things that I know I should do but find excuses not to lol *shame on me*. Though walking outside every once in awhile might be a good idea. Ok will try that tomorrow morning!

Sleep in breaks. Or sleep early, wake up early (for instance, sleep at 9, wake up at 5). I am usually more productive in the morning when everyone else is asleep).

I am also a morning person but the I find that if I sleep early..I still wake up quite late due to my reluctance to get out of bed =P. Though sleeping early is something I always "try" to do since it does make me more focused for most of the day.

I try to go out to the library. If I stay home I'll always got to sleep at 12 no matter what.

Lively music, coffee, sweets, studying with someone... all proven to work for me.

Thanks for the suggestions! Currently listening to some upbeat music while working on my lab report T_T

Exercise.

I also refuse to drink energy drinks, so I liberally drink Diet Coke. ;) Plus, I'm hypothyroid and have a tendency to develop anemia easily, so I get my blood levels checked whenever I find I'm dragging more than usual, especially when it happens when I'm getting 8-9 hours of sleep a night.

Funny you mention anemia since a couple of my friends swear that I'm anemic but I've never actually went for a checkup in regards to this. Hmm...

So. My attempt at writing a research thesis in one week is almost complete. :D It should've been done by now but my prof gave me some new insights today which dramatically changes the direction of my paper. She was so excited she collabarated with another lab to get me info just minutes after I reported my results.

Did anyone purchase AAMC's MSAR publication? If so, how useful did you find it?

I bought it, if you are seriously considering applying to the US and you plan to apply at at least 10 or more schools, it is worth your while to purchase it. It gives the stats for pretty much everything you'd need to know in gauging your chances at a school. I'd recommend it.

I think I'm done doing interview prep. Interview is tomorrow. Now i need to distract myself with a good movie. Any pre-interview movie suggestions?

Ummmm... Patch Adams? :P

Unless you want to distract yourself from the idea of med... In which case I recommend something funny. I wouldn't recommend a scary movie unless you want to be up all night! Lol!

Good luck tomorrow! :)

Archived