Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday some friends and I got together for dinner and we had bbq hamburgers.

me: *cutting pickles*

friend: I wonder why the Vlasic mascot is a bird.

me: It's a stork.

friend: Oh. Why's it a stork?

me: Because the stork delivers babies and pregnant women crave pickles.

friend:...um, that's not the real reason!

me: Yup, it is.

friend: Wow. Forget about med school. You should write crossword puzzles for a living.

me: :confused: Um, thanks?

friend: Glad I could help you decide your future.

So apparently crossword puzzle writer is my true calling in life. lol

Wow. I'm so stressed about these exams that I'm actually having very violent nightmares. I think it's because how I do this month will *significantly* influence my application to OMSAS this fall. arghhh

I've been in constant anxiety for the last 4 days, and will probably stay like this till May. It's interesting cos exams have never had such a strong physiological and mental effect on me.

Wow. I'm so stressed about these exams that I'm actually having very violent nightmares. I think it's because how I do this month will *significantly* influence my application to OMSAS this fall. arghhh

I've been in constant anxiety for the last 4 days, and will probably stay like this till May. It's interesting cos exams have never had such a strong physiological and mental effect on me.

*ehugs*

Most of us here know the feeling. I know it's hard to do, but try not to worry too much about it and just focus on doing what brought you success in past courses/years. It's almost summer and then you can relax (or write the MCAT- not very relaxing...)

I hate when I think of a funny reply but it's too late to say...

Or to put into a pm101 example:

I hate when I think of a funny post to place in a discussion but the thread has lost all life and was contriversal so restarting it could cause another flame war....

I hate when I think of a funny reply but it's too late to say...

Or to put into a pm101 example:

I hate when I think of a funny post to place in a discussion but the thread has lost all life and was contriversal so restarting it could cause another flame war....

Do it up garret...

The way I see it... a little controversy every so often keeps us human.

Also, I've joined this thing called twitter... except I have nothing exciting to say... I'm boring as a motha sucka.

You can follow me through my blog, which is linked below!

Can't wait to see the stats for this year (how they've changed)... There was a 117% increase in applications for IP (a.k.a removal of the MCAT requirement ;))

C

Just saw this today. McGill admissions stats for my class:

My only reaction was OMGGGG!!!! :eek:

Everybody move to QC asap!

*ehugs*

Most of us here know the feeling. I know it's hard to do, but try not to worry too much about it and just focus on doing what brought you success in past courses/years. It's almost summer and then you can relax (or write the MCAT- not very relaxing...)

Thanks! Summer should be somewhat relaxed as I don't plan to let the MCAT kill me. I'm giving it a good 3 months

Leon, I totally understand you! I had an effffffffffffing anxiety attack today too!!!! And I'm usually a totally relaxed person.

Throughout my whole life, I've always studied during the term, staying up to date every week etc... and then just revise for the final. That worked well for the style of exams I got in a British education based high school but it didn't work too well at UofT. So I took a risk and experimented this term, by not studying during the term and just cramming everything at exam time (it wasn't much of a choice since my research and other lab stuff took up my term time!).

Result = massive stress since this term is pivotal to my application, and I'm trying something I've never done before, lol. We'll see how it goes ;)

Long week this week. I just hope I make it through alive. I don't believe I've had any worse weeks.... thanks to one of my supervisors, I have to finish writing up a paper by the end of this week and he told me about this yesterday... :( I'm not even half way through analysis.... le sigh

Archived