Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

True, but I just don't like using the tablet on the side. It's a bit strange, since I draw/write at an angle of around 45 degrees lol. I've always wanted a tablet computer.

I have a tablet. Best damn computer I've ever had! So much better than lugging around tons of notes and textbooks. And if you get the right tablet (*cough* not HP *cough* never HP!) you'll get pretty used to writing on it and stuff. You can print ppt to One Note and like write on it with different colours, highlight, etc.

Also I replaced my CD drive with a second battery and now enjoy a 10+ hour battery life (w/ a SSD hard drive). I never have to carry my charger with it. :cool:

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a tablet. Best damn computer I've ever had! So much better than lugging around tons of notes and textbooks. And if you get the right tablet (*cough* not HP *cough* never HP!) you'll get pretty used to writing on it and stuff. You can print ppt to One Note and like write on it with different colours, highlight, etc.

Also I replaced my CD drive with a second battery and now enjoy a 10+ hour battery life (w/ a SSD hard drive). I never have to carry my charger with it. :cool:

Deeman, I'm liking this tablet talk. What kind do you have? Feel free to PM me :) I just cleared it lol.

I would like to know this stuff too. I'm always about the fast and light/portability of products.

I have a tablet too and I love it. It's great to be able to draw things in my notes, especially in classes like organic chemistry. My tablet is 3 years old now and it still works great, but when I have to replace it I'll probably buy a similar one again (Lenovo Thinkpad X-series). I'm never going back to a normal laptop.

I have a tablet too and I love it. It's great to be able to draw things in my notes, especially in classes like organic chemistry. My tablet is 3 years old now and it still works great, but when I have to replace it I'll probably buy a similar one again (Lenovo Thinkpad X-series). I'm never going back to a normal laptop.

I think my next computer in a year or so will be a tablet laptop. I love the idea or writing electronic notes or adding to course-notes. My current laptop is only 2 years old so I have quite a ways to go till it dies...

Yea tablets are actually pretty awesome when you get used to it. I study off my tablet too, it takes a while to get used to but after a while it feels easier. Mainly cause I export the notes to my desktop which is a nice big 22inch screen. And everything is colourful and mostly organized. No stray notes.

FYI the only real tablet options are IBM, fujitsu and HP (but they're crap!!). I have a fujitsu and my friend has the IBM. I'll PM you guys. :)

I HATE UTSC

The ******* idiots uploaded a wrong mark. Literally the lowest mark on my transcript and it totally devastated me. I had an exam 6 hrs after seeing that too. Apparently the prof didn't enter 2 people's marks, so everyone got someone else's mark (frame shift). The sad part is that some people got really high marks, while their actual is lower.

Worst of all, the correction will probably take days. And I'm still not done exams either zomg

I HATE UTSC

The ******* idiots uploaded a wrong mark. Literally the lowest mark on my transcript and it totally devastated me. I had an exam 6 hrs after seeing that too. Apparently the prof didn't enter 2 people's marks, so everyone got someone else's mark (frame shift). The sad part is that some people got really high marks, while their actual is lower.

Worst of all, the correction will probably take days. And I'm still not done exam either zomg

UTSC fails more and more every year. Its actually quite impressive. Once you're out of the system at least. :P

For me, the episode was all Kurt and Santana. I'm so happy Kurt is back! I'm glad it seems like Gwyneth won't be back for a while. Not a fan.

I liked "Born this Way" mostly because Kurt is a star.

Agree with this entire post. I didn't like Quinn's storyline though- it kind of contradicts her season 1 character.

I just got paid $125 as speaking fees for giving a 20 minute presentation. How cool is THAT?!?
Super cool! What was the presentation on?

I HATE UTSC

Worst of all, the correction will probably take days. And I'm still not done exams either zomg

Was it the microbiology course? My friend was ticked off about that as well.

FRAME SHIFT MUTATION!

I have so much to do in the next 33 hours... I have to:

-read (for the first time) 6 units worth of textbook stuff

-write an exam at 9am tomorrow

-write two 500 word essays

-proofread a 10 page essay

-write a 1500-2000 word essay

-make reference pages for said essays

-go to my grandfather's birthday tonight

Ummm... Never mind all-nighter, I think I'll be pulling an all-night, all-day-er. :o

Think I'll finally learn procrastination is NOT the key? :rolleyes:

As soon as I get home I really have to get crack-a-lackin' on reading.... It doesn't help it's so boring it puts me to sleep..... I think I'll need lots of caffeine today! I'd be really complaining, but it's totally my own fault that I have THIS much to do. I just hope I learned something this time!

On the brightside, I heard back about the grant I applied for a few months ago... And I got it! Woot! :D

So many trees ripped from the ground, missing roof shingles, broken fences, and general debris around the city today. Crazy wind yesterday.

No doubt! A 100 year old maple snapped like a twig in my front yard, and some shingles on our roof are all loose and some are ripped off.

well, i just won the lottery...

to get into The New York Marathon Nov 6, 2011. So, this means I have to pay lots of money to go run around New York City... To further compound matters, if I happen to be lucky enough to get into med school I'll have to work around that.

I think it's doable.

well, i just won the lottery...

to get into The New York Marathon Nov 6, 2011. So, this means I have to pay lots of money to go run around New York City... To further compound matters, if I happen to be lucky enough to get into med school I'll have to work around that.

I think it's doable.

I thought the lottery of marathons was Boston? :confused: good luck training :)

I have so much to do in the next 33 hours... I have to:

-read (for the first time) 6 units worth of textbook stuff

-write an exam at 9am tomorrow

-write two 500 word essays

-proofread a 10 page essay

-write a 1500-2000 word essay

-make reference pages for said essays

-go to my grandfather's birthday tonight

Ummm... Never mind all-nighter, I think I'll be pulling an all-night, all-day-er. :o

Think I'll finally learn procrastination is NOT the key? :rolleyes:

As soon as I get home I really have to get crack-a-lackin' on reading.... It doesn't help it's so boring it puts me to sleep..... I think I'll need lots of caffeine today! I'd be really complaining, but it's totally my own fault that I have THIS much to do. I just hope I learned something this time!

On the brightside, I heard back about the grant I applied for a few months ago... And I got it! Woot! :D

I plan on staying up all night Cnb. So i will keep you company! lol. What are you studying? 9:13pm. Thus I begin.

I thought the lottery of marathons was Boston? :confused: good luck training :)

Boston is Mecca

I won the lottery to race in New York, which has a faster qualifying time than Boston for my age group... Which is weird.

Thanks for the well wishes. Real training starts in July, but right now I'll focus on getting into training shape, resolve a couple of injuries and sort out the plan of attack.

Archived