Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

<3!! I always feel the same way, Leon! About being asked questions lol. Good luck!!

It was awesome! Next yr the conference is going to be at Mac. I hope I get awesome results in my 4th yr thesis, and get to go again. :D

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was awesome! Next yr the conference is going to be at Mac. I hope I get awesome results in my 4th yr thesis, and get to go again. :D

Great to hear, Leon!! And great to hear you enjoy your thesis work so much! There are no limits for you! Work hard and I'm sure you'll be at the conference next year, woot woot :)

Great to hear, Leon!! And great to hear you enjoy your thesis work so much! There are no limits for you! Work hard and I'm sure you'll be at the conference next year, woot woot :)

Thanks!

Didn't I tell you that conferences are awesome?! :D Now, try overnight ones... haha ;)

I plan to ;)

Blood vessels, nerves, lymphatics would entangle. There would simply be no way of providing nutrients to the tissue.

Nah, could've evolved circular nested rings with a stator attachment. Like vacuum cleaner hoses that twist.

Lol. U mad?

:P

E-hugs!! <3
Thanks. It's not like I expected this person to really be happy for me, but they could have just said nothing at all rather than making a snarky comment.

I'm more then happy to keep you happy ;)
Why Mav, whatever do you mean? :rolleyes:

(Whoever gets the movie reference wins 1000 awesome points.)

Just noticed your sig. Congrats on the acceptances!

Thanks. It's not like I expected this person to really be happy for me, but they could have just said nothing at all rather than making a snarky comment.

Why Mav, whatever do you mean? :rolleyes:

(Whoever gets the movie reference wins 1000 awesome points.)

Just noticed your sig. Congrats on the acceptances!

That is from Tombstone! Val Kilmer playing doc holliday says it!

(I looked it up.. i am such a nerd)

This is a very chilling post by Ferdinand von Prondzynski, Principal and Vice-Chancellor of Robert Gordon University. Re: the 'education bubble.' http://universitydiary.wordpress.com/2011/05/10/educational-negative-equity/

Interesting read :)

PS I overuse the smiley face emoticon!!! Personal goal: do not use a smiley face any more this week. Damn this is going to be hard.

I am in such a bad mood today. Such a bad mood...

So first, I finish work, head out to the LRT, and sit and wait (ok fine, I usually have to do that), but when I get to my stop to hop on the bus... Because of the wonderful geniuses (read: sarcasm) behind the ETS bus schedules, the bus I need is pulling away as I'm walking from the LRT to the bus (LRT gets there at 1:59, Bus leaves at (assuming it doesn't leave early) 2:00... and it takes at least 2 minutes to get from the LRT to the bus- running). Awesome. So I have to wait 15 minutes for another bus. By the time I get home it's (exactly) 2:35. So guess what? I can't make the call to Ontario about a question I have about my application status (for Nursing) because the office closes at 4:30. Ugh.

So I make myself lunch, and eat and then try and contact the UofA about my app status. So I phone the office of the registrar first and get an automated voice saying "the office is closed please call during office hours" WTF?! I AM CALLING DURING OFFICE HOURS! :mad: So I try the Faculty of Nursing. Get a dead end. Call again. Press different numbers. Get another dead end. Call again. Another dead end (repeat another like 4 or 5 times). Call the office of the registrar again and luck out- I get a human being (apparently the office wasn't closed??? Ugh)! Get transferred to the office of admissions. Awesome. Find out that they no longer have my application, it's been forwarded to the faculty to review. Dammit. Get forwarded to the faculty (after literally saying "omg I hope THIS time I don't get a dead end" to which the guy laughed. Thanks dude:rolleyes:). Get an automated voice (fcuk I'm REALLY starting to hate automated voice messsages). Oh wait it's a voicemail box. K fine, I'll leave a message... Oh wait. The message box is WHAT?! FULL?! WTF?! I wasted half an hour to find out I can't even leave a freaking message?! This is where I realize that if I would have known that my app is no longer with the registrar and it's now with the Faculty of Nursing, I could have stopped off after work considering it's in the SAME BUILDING WHERE I WORK:mad:

So now I'm late for skating/coaching, because something that I figured should take 15 minutes, took twice as long. As I'm sitting at the light waiting to turn, some moron on her cell was turning, and decides to turn into me! Ie on the WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD. I lay on my horn and she flips me the bird?! Excuse me! YOU'RE the one turning into oncoming traffic b*tch! Grr.

Skating doesn't go well because I'm so tired and the headaches I've been having for a week comes back by the time it's time for me to train. Ugh.

So I get home, and want to look at an offer letter from Ryerson with all of the information on my conditional acceptance (when things are due, etc) but can't because the stupid link DOESN'T WORK! WTF?! How can I check something official if the stupid link I'm supposed to click on DOESN'T WORK?! Argh!!

Yes, I am b*tchy today. I'd blame it on PMS, but it's the wrong time of the month for that! LOL

I think I just need a break. I'm so overwhelmed with work and research and skating and coaching and partnering and studying and worrying about my apps and worrying about applying next year and the stress at home and worrying about moving and and and. I feel like a chicken with my head cutoff. There literally (and I'm not even joking- I did the math last night) are not enough hours in a week for me to do all the things I'm supposed to. Never mind all the other stress thrown in. Bah! I can't wait for July/August. I just have to keep thinking of that. And writing stuff down. I have so much to do I need mega lists to keep everything organized.

/rant

On a different note, I'm surprised Vancouver's gone this far. Usually by now Luongo's choking.... I wonder if he can hold off his usual playoff choke for a few more games.

On the bright side of everything, I ended up getting a grant for my research and it has the potential to (hopefully) shed light on some pretty cool stuff. So excited!

Congrats to everyone that's got offers from med schools!! And good luck to those on the waitlist (or waiting to hear from the western schools!)!

I should go study for a few hours before I need to go to bed and do it all again tomorrow...... Hopefully with less frustration.... Tomorrow is going to be a good day. Tomorrow is going to be a good day. Tomorrow is going to be a good day. (Think if I keep telling myself that, it'll happen? lol)

I think I just need a break.

+1. That was a REALLY rough day but you should chill out some more. I was similar last month and the only thing that helped me was doing nothing for a week. I'm still not doing much right now. I know that's not an option for you, but dropping the hours on some of your jobs might help. And it's summer! No one should be miserable in this season. :)

Sounds like you need this: http://damnyouautocorrect.com/8394/15-most-popular-autocorrects-from-april-2011/

I am in such a bad mood today. Such a bad mood...

So first, I finish work, head out to the LRT, and sit and wait (ok fine, I usually have to do that), but when I get to my stop to hop on the bus... Because of the wonderful geniuses (read: sarcasm) behind the ETS bus schedules, the bus I need is pulling away as I'm walking from the LRT to the bus (LRT gets there at 1:59, Bus leaves at (assuming it doesn't leave early) 2:00... and it takes at least 2 minutes to get from the LRT to the bus- running). Awesome. So I have to wait 15 minutes for another bus. By the time I get home it's (exactly) 2:35. So guess what? I can't make the call to Ontario about a question I have about my application status (for Nursing) because the office closes at 4:30. Ugh.

So I make myself lunch, and eat and then try and contact the UofA about my app status. So I phone the office of the registrar first and get an automated voice saying "the office is closed please call during office hours" WTF?! I AM CALLING DURING OFFICE HOURS! :mad: So I try the Faculty of Nursing. Get a dead end. Call again. Press different numbers. Get another dead end. Call again. Another dead end (repeat another like 4 or 5 times). Call the office of the registrar again and luck out- I get a human being (apparently the office wasn't closed??? Ugh)! Get transferred to the office of admissions. Awesome. Find out that they no longer have my application, it's been forwarded to the faculty to review. Dammit. Get forwarded to the faculty (after literally saying "omg I hope THIS time I don't get a dead end" to which the guy laughed. Thanks dude:rolleyes:). Get an automated voice (fcuk I'm REALLY starting to hate automated voice messsages). Oh wait it's a voicemail box. K fine, I'll leave a message... Oh wait. The message box is WHAT?! FULL?! WTF?! I wasted half an hour to find out I can't even leave a freaking message?! This is where I realize that if I would have known that my app is no longer with the registrar and it's now with the Faculty of Nursing, I could have stopped off after work considering it's in the SAME BUILDING WHERE I WORK:mad:

So now I'm late for skating/coaching, because something that I figured should take 15 minutes, took twice as long. As I'm sitting at the light waiting to turn, some moron on her cell was turning, and decides to turn into me! Ie on the WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD. I lay on my horn and she flips me the bird?! Excuse me! YOU'RE the one turning into oncoming traffic b*tch! Grr.

Skating doesn't go well because I'm so tired and the headaches I've been having for a week comes back by the time it's time for me to train. Ugh.

So I get home, and want to look at an offer letter from Ryerson with all of the information on my conditional acceptance (when things are due, etc) but can't because the stupid link DOESN'T WORK! WTF?! How can I check something official if the stupid link I'm supposed to click on DOESN'T WORK?! Argh!!

Yes, I am b*tchy today. I'd blame it on PMS, but it's the wrong time of the month for that! LOL

I think I just need a break. I'm so overwhelmed with work and research and skating and coaching and partnering and studying and worrying about my apps and worrying about applying next year and the stress at home and worrying about moving and and and. I feel like a chicken with my head cutoff. There literally (and I'm not even joking- I did the math last night) are not enough hours in a week for me to do all the things I'm supposed to. Never mind all the other stress thrown in. Bah! I can't wait for July/August. I just have to keep thinking of that. And writing stuff down. I have so much to do I need mega lists to keep everything organized.

/rant

On a different note, I'm surprised Vancouver's gone this far. Usually by now Luongo's choking.... I wonder if he can hold off his usual playoff choke for a few more games.

On the bright side of everything, I ended up getting a grant for my research and it has the potential to (hopefully) shed light on some pretty cool stuff. So excited!

Congrats to everyone that's got offers from med schools!! And good luck to those on the waitlist (or waiting to hear from the western schools!)!

I should go study for a few hours before I need to go to bed and do it all again tomorrow...... Hopefully with less frustration.... Tomorrow is going to be a good day. Tomorrow is going to be a good day. Tomorrow is going to be a good day. (Think if I keep telling myself that, it'll happen? lol)

+1. That was a REALLY rough day but you should chill out some more. I was similar last month and the only thing that helped me was doing nothing for a week. I'm still not doing much right now. I know that's not an option for you, but dropping the hours on some of your jobs might help. And it's summer! No one should be miserable in this season. :)

Haha! Well, the weather is nicer, but it doesn't help I'm indoors for the better part of the day! Looking back on yesterday, I think I just needed to relax- I'm taking everything so seriously and I think that's why I'm so stressed. It's amazing what venting/a good night's sleep can do!:)

This weekend should be better- I'm sleeping in and just studying-outside (mother nature better cooperate *shakes fist* lol!)

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I loved that! Thank you! I <3 damnyouautocorrect.com :) What a great way to start my morning! :D

I am currently on hold with UOttawa... I've been at position #1 (supposedly...)/on the phone for....... 15 minutes now.....

Today is going to be a good day.... Today is going to be a good day.... Today is going to be a good day... Today is going to be a good day.........

That is from Tombstone! Val Kilmer playing doc holliday says it!

(I looked it up.. i am such a nerd)

Yup' date=' Tombstone. But you looked it up, so you only get 500 awesome points.

"Maybe poker's just not your game, Ike. I know, let's have a spelling contest."

I am currently on hold with UOttawa... I've been at position #1 (supposedly...)/on the phone for....... 15 minutes now.....

Today is going to be a good day.... Today is going to be a good day.... Today is going to be a good day... Today is going to be a good day.........

UofO is really bad at answering their phones/putting people on hold.

"Are you going to do something or just stand there and bleed"

"Go on skin that smokewagon and see what happens, I said jerk that pistol and go to work"

"Why Johny Ringo, you look like someone just walked across your grave"

*hands you the remaining 500 points*

Now I really want to watch Tombstone tonight, but I've already agreed to go see Thor.

Archived