Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it's a great accomplishment to graduate from an undergrad degree! I'm the first person in my family ever to have graduated from university.

Congratulations! :) I was also the first from my family to graduate from university, and as I also graduated at the top of my class for my faculty, I "had" to attend my graduation.

BTW, how is your cat doing? I hope she's well.

Congratulations! :) I was also the first from my family to graduate from university, and as I also graduated at the top of my class for my faculty, I "had" to attend my graduation.

BTW, how is your cat doing? I hope she's well.

Thanks. Didn't know you were the first to grad from your family. Though, it doesn't surprise me one bit you were at the top of your class! Awesome job!

And thank you for asking about my kit-kat, that is very kind of you. No tumour (we had a bit of a scare), thyroid is doing superb, and she is recovering well from her tooth infection.

She is definitely a fighter. Glad to say she is doin A-okay and has enjoyed running and sniffing outside the past few days. I know she is recovering because she has been a brat the last few days :P

Thanks. Didn't know you were the first to grad from your family. Though, it doesn't surprise me one bit you were at the top of your class! Awesome job!

And thank you for asking about my kit-kat, that is very kind of you. No tumour (we had a bit of a scare), thyroid is doing superb, and she is recovering well from her tooth infection.

She is definitely a fighter. Glad to say she is doin A-okay and has enjoyed running and sniffing outside the past few days. I know she is recovering because she has been a brat the last few days :P

Aww. Glad to hear she is doing well. One of our cats just had his annual vet check-up and he had a cracked tooth, which reminded me of your cat and her issues. Luckily the crack is just a "wait and see" at this point - doesn't need to be extracted atm, which is good.

macbook, as much as you may dislike your classmates or the pomp and circumstance, it's just as much a day to celebrate YOUR achievements for working hard for 4 years! everyone deserves to feel entitled to that bit of pride :) plus, I'm sure your family will wanna see you get on that stage lol

That's very true George...just I think almost 4 years of misery and disrespect from my cohort I feel that I'm not warranted enough to attend. My parents don't care at all; they just want to see that med school acceptance letter, and frankly I agree with them. Save the money on the ceremony...

But I'm glad you had fun ;) Congratulations again!!!!

I guess I felt a little different. My whole family wanted to attend my convocation, but it felt weird considering they never supported me financially, emotionally, and basically considered my education to go against their God and the way they raised me. It really felt like they were trying to somehow take credit for an accomplishment that they had no part in producing. Unnerving.

I wanted my bfs family to come but they couldn't make it.

Fortunately I came down with swine flu and couldn't go anyways. :D

Good luck with your move! :)

I just finished reading my book... loved it! Now I can study lol. Also got the nice surprised of getting my Visa card blocked yesterday because apparently making a $400 payment and a $200 purchase was suspicious of fraud *sigh* I got my account cleared, but Verified by Visa is still blocking me grrrr. I'm supposed to start weights again next week, really looking forward to it!

I'm SO excited for convocation tomorrow.

Ahhhh can't wait to get my BSc :)

<3 no more biochem!!!

Anyone else graduating this month?

Congrats. I hope it goes/went well.

I will never attend my convocation. EVER. Would rather work on that day...
You may feel differently when the time comes.

I think I'll be taking a hiatus from here for the next few weeks. I'll be back at the end of June, with a new "location" status...

PlanPolarBear is underway, starting now. Thanks to everyone for your support. :)

Love the plan name.

Yesterday, a guy came into my work, and he said he didn't get other messages from my boss because he dropped his phone into a cup of tea. LOOOOOOOOL... how do you drop your phone into a cup of tea?!?!?!?!? :rolleyes:

My friend dropped his into a toilet. Compared to that, this is definitely in the realm of reality.

Archived