Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mac attack, what's wrong with you? Get in the game man. People are just speed bumps, obstacles to be overcome. If someone gets in your way you take them down, then you take their family down, then their neighbours and high school gym teacher. You want in? Then you bring your A-game because there is no room for "hello" in medicine. I'm starting to doubt whether you really want this or if you just want to settle in as a lab tech in a nice cushy little corner of some half-assed institution. You go in to class tomorrow and you play to win. I want to hear about your trip to Africa to work with deaf and blind children who can't get dates, I want to hear the postnomials of your references, I want you to shout out your CASPER answers. Leave that weak ass crap at home, now what are all the substrates and enzymes in the TCA cycle, in order? Type them out while doing one-armed push ups!

Seriously, I'm going to use THIS and your future posts for inspiration Para D!! Thanks for being so bitterly-helpful..Just the perfect personal trainer :D (no sarcasm btw)

YEEEE awesome news today!!! I got granted an option to challenge for the courses I dropped last term, so my ottawa problem is solved (given if I do okay on the exam to meet the gpa cutoff). Now I just need to study study study.
Fantastic news. It's not like you need motivation to study, but I really hope it all works out for you.

Big win tonight for my boys :)
Dallas?

This was at Toronto Motorsports Park (my "home" track I guess) last weekend:

Pretty messed up right? It gets more messed up:

1. I KNOW the guy (NOT my friend, but I do know him)

2. Its NOT his car

3. The owner did NOT know he took it to the track, or even was driving it at all

4. Its a rare right-hand-drive subaru imported from Japan

Its hard to fail more than that.

My first reaction was how sad it is that most of the people commenting were talking about how it was on video and not wondering if the guy in the car was OK. Some people went over to the car, but others were just getting out cameras.

Yeah honestly, I don't know if the guy in this case was OK, but if I was gored up in a car and about to die, the last thing I want to happen is for people to get it on tape and post it on the internet.

what the hell is wrong with some people :mad:

Yeah honestly, I don't know if the guy in this case was OK, but if I was gored up in a car and about to die, the last thing I want to happen is for people to get it on tape and post it on the internet.

what the hell is wrong with some people :mad:

The guy was totally fine. Lucky for him the car was right-hand drive (imported from Japan). Cause the left side was crushed.

IMG-20110605-00286.jpg

Btw I have no sympathy for the douchebag. This is not his car. He works at a garage. This car was in for service. The owner never even knew it was driven on the weekend, let alone wrecked. Probably got the news on monday that his car is no more. :rolleyes:

I received threatening emails from UofM and UofC about accepting multiple offers and how I could lose both offers.... except I didn't.

UofM was still under the impression I was going there....even though I Xpressposted my "I decline" letter 2 weeks ago and the status of postcanada.ca has been "Successfully Delivered" for over a week. Calgary is under the impression that I also accepted an at Western - I didn't even get an offer from UWO!! (low priority waitlist for poor old me)

To top everything off, I found out two days ago that my request to take a leave of absence to go to school was sent to the shredder long before it hit the desk of anyone important! They claim they have no knowledge or record of it! :(

What a disaster!!!

Btw I have no sympathy for the douchebag. This is not his car. He works at a garage. This car was in for service. The owner never even knew it was driven on the weekend, let alone wrecked. Probably got the news on monday that his car is no more. :rolleyes:

WOW WTf thats messed up. Racing someone else's car? :eek:

Keep tabs on the story and update us.

In other news, my research supervisor just told me to stop wasting time reading papers during the lab down time and study for the MCAT. Considering that "downtime" in this lab is about a week long, I'm thrilled. :D I'm being paid to study for the MCAT! Lol

beauty day in AB.

I finished the Sopranos series last night. Still a bit hung up on the ending but I think I have a firm belief on what it all meant. I also now get the "Don't Stop Believin'" reference in the Premed Song thread.

sorry i couldnt help myself from searching if anyone has been watching Sopranos on this forum lately...I just finished watching Sopranos yesterday night...and man o man all i can say is that David Chase is a genius!

theres actually a detailed blog post (google Definitive ending sopranos) about the last few minutes of the finale and man, it is awesome to see how well the scenes were setup...the detailed thinking and camera work involved to conclude the finale...

all i can say is that it is one of the best finales...i think it beats the Lost finale!

Archived