Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

I am giving up on job searching for a little while...back to slacking off for the summer. I'm catching up on the last season of House and Merlin...and reading The Cellist of Sarajevo

Hopefully I'll seek some inspiration from Erk and start writing again.

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Meaning you've lost your Canadian card for contemplating passing on game 7 of the SC finals :D

Ah sorry I get it now :P I love watching hockey (or sometimes just following on twitter), but I've really been disappointed by the play in the finals this year. I skipped a few games already *hides*

whaaaaaat? this has been one of "the" most entertaining finals in recent memory. i love all the trash talking, the taunting, the physical play and dislike between the two teams.

Absolutely agree. This final has had a mix of everything that is hockey

I agree with psychoswim on that one, for me, hockey should be about playing hockey and not beating each other up for entertainment.
That's pretty much what this final was. Sure, there were some antics, but the players could have taken it to another level of goonery.

Bah.. I prefer a bit "cleaner" hockey... less taunting/post-whistle crap, diving and what not. Would have preferred Nashville vs Tampa but oh well.

I'm not going to go through and say who started the taunting/gamesmanship, but after the "biting" incident Boston went to town on the after the whistle crap. Same thing that Chicago did to Vancouver last year to get them out of the series mentally.

That would have been a brutally boring series lol

+100 Not only would that have been the least profitable series in terms of markets involved, it would have been a terrible style of play.

I agree with psychoswim on that one, for me, hockey should be about playing hockey and not beating each other up for entertainment.

That was playoff hockey... I think there was one fight in Boston? kes vs siedenberg (sp?).

Was there a fight in this series? I dont recall....

it's called playoff hockey. you do what it takes to win, to try and gain an edge, get in your opponent's head etc

That's pretty much what this final was. Sure, there were some antics, but the players could have taken it to another level of goonery.

I definitely agree... I still think that Boston got away with some pretty blatant junk, but Vancouver also had some stuff fly under the radar.

However, I will say this The NHL wanted Boston to win... it makes the most sense to have an original six team in America win. Especially when you consider who the owner of the Boston Bruins is in relation to The NHL and Gary Bettman. Also, the fact that Campbell's son plays for them makes it even more intriguing.

I don't think it was a conspiracy, but I do think it was something that the NHL was begging for. They didn't want Vancouver to win in 82, 94 or 2011.

If you are in Vancouver right now (I wish I was!) my friends have told me about a facebook group encouraging those there to go to downtown Van and help clean up the city. Van has a chance to redeem itself.

Here is the facebook group:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=219286898091948

"Invite all of your friends! Let's see if we can get Vancouver looking like a new city by noon Thursday!

Things you will need:

Gloves

Garbage bags

Friends and family

Music?

Smiles and Canucks spirit

"

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/253560_10150226845138814_504548813_7053838_5823374_n.jpg

Proud to say about 7 of my Van friends are currently helping out with this.

Thank you to everyone reading this. <3

And, especially those who are aiding the effort.

EDIT - One of my friends just told me it's much better now. I'm amazed at how hard everyone worked at this!

However, I will say this The NHL wanted Boston to win... it makes the most sense to have an original six team in America win. Especially when you consider who the owner of the Boston Bruins is in relation to The NHL and Gary Bettman. Also, the fact that Campbell's son plays for them makes it even more intriguing.

I don't think it was a conspiracy, but I do think it was something that the NHL was begging for. They didn't want Vancouver to win in 82, 94 or 2011.

Wait a minute; you don't think it's a conspiracy? That makes you a terrible Canadian hockey fan. Bettman's out to get Canadian teams, obviously. [insert a "Bettman is anti-Canadian teams" rant here] :rolleyes:

The past 4 SC finals have been great for the NHL in American viewership/following growth. NBC had a 10 share for last night's game (unsurprisingly, the game had a 64 share in the Boston market) which is pretty significant when you think about hockey interest in the States.

They did. I'm not sure why. Maybe because my parents are from a high-risk HIV area or because they assumed I was a baller with girls, which I wouldn't blame them for.

You checked with UBC, too, didn't you? In that case you should've gotten information on how to check up on your lab reports online.

They did. I'm not sure why. Maybe because my parents are from a high-risk HIV area or because they assumed I was a baller with girls, which I wouldn't blame them for.

You checked with UBC, too, didn't you? In that case you should've gotten information on how to check up on your lab reports online.

Yeah I did. I have been working in life sciences for a while so I had my Hep A and B (with titre results for Hep B) and a bunch of other stuff a few years back. I was only due for an MMR booster and a TB test. Also had chicken pox as a kid so they didn't send me for a blood test.

Just got back from the Francofolies... Jonathan Painchaud gives a pretty good show!

There was this guy, like a 50 year old hippy wearing nothing but a bum-length hippy tunic (complete with little bells at the bottom) and black briefs/speedo. He was most definitely stoned and dancing around people apparently not noticing everybody was looking at him and laughing. Oh and he had a super long ponytail to go with it, you know to complete the look. He looked right out of the 60's. Not a pretty sight!!

Of course this means I didn't study today so I have to do that tomorrow. Ugh..

Archived