Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gah! If someone (like UofT) tells you to write a 1000 word essay, don't send me a 2000 word essay to read & edit.

Med school app tip #1: Read the instructions.

Tip #2: Follow the instructions.

sigh.

Yeah, see those instructions are way too ambiguous. "Write a 1000 word essay for UT." They might as well have said, "Pick your own word limit."

:P

For those interested, here's a link to view Persia. Enjoy the overwhelming cuteness.

Yeah, see those instructions are way too ambiguous. "Write a 1000 word essay for UT." They might as well have said, "Pick your own word limit."

For those interested, here's a link to view Persia. Enjoy the overwhelming cuteness.

OMGGGGG SOOOOO CUTEEEEEE <3 *macbook gushes*

TOK, I didn't you know you were editing essays :) Better get started so that I get a slot with you and f_d :)

Damn these 10s in Verbal. Just can't break into 11!

Wow, that's much better than that 6 I got right before doing the real thing. Hahaha. When's your test, Leon?

P.S. I'm glad everyone enjoyed the pic of Persia :) Just wait until Halloween rolls around... I'm thinking she's going to be transformed into a "

" muahaha.... :cool:

P.P.S. If I had a weiner dog, this would definitely be the most suitable costume for him:

http://www.dreamdogs.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/giraffe-wiener-dog.jpg

Back to my application... sigh.

Actually someone sent me a 1,800 word essay for U/T. I just cut it to 1,000 words while keeping all items of substance. :)
You're just too nice. I told them to send it back when it was closer to 1000 words. I don't have time to try cutting things out.

Those eyes are intense. So cute.

TOK, I didn't you know you were editing essays :) Better get started so that I get a slot with you and f_d :)
Only for some people (i.e. people I know/recognize/have more than 1 random post/know how to use the search function). I'll look over your essay when it's done though, if you want.

Oh my goodness!!! She is SO adorable! SO cute! Argh -you are making me want another kitten, whereas my two boys are perfectly handsome and adorable, and I don't need another cat at this point.

Hahahaha aw just read this now <3

Trouble is with kittens they grow up so fast. I'll make sure to take lots of photos of her so you can see her turn into a gigantic ball of fluff :)

I've actually never had a kitten before. How old were your boys when you got them?

Scissors + webbing b/t ring/middle finger + force = 3-4cm deep cut that won't stop bleeding.

That equation was actually really difficult to read, took me like 4 tries, my thought process went something like this:

(Scissors + webbing b/t ring/middle finger + force = 3-4cm deep cut that won't stop bleeding) X4 = that sucks :S

Only for some people (i.e. people I know/recognize/have more than 1 random post/know how to use the search function). I'll look over your essay when it's done though, if you want.

I agree with your above comment (despite the fact that last cycle I did accept mandates from many brand new members who joined only for purposes of editing their essays) and won't be accepting such assignments again

I would be happy though to accept referrals for essays from established members that have not been cut down to size (I have only ever received one essay that was too long).

Perhaps, those offering to edit should considering posting this useful information on Cerena's official help thread for applicants.

Hahahaha aw just read this now <3

Trouble is with kittens they grow up so fast. I'll make sure to take lots of photos of her so you can see her turn into a gigantic ball of fluff :)

I've actually never had a kitten before. How old were your boys when you got them?

They were 16 weeks, so definitely still kittens. I look at their baby photos and they were just so precious and tiny! As Sphynx, they were far more wrinkly too.

Since you've never had a kitten before, I will recommend the Petstages teething cat toys for when Persia is teething. They are really good for the kittens to chew on during that stage.

Wow, that's much better than that 6 I got right before doing the real thing. Hahaha. When's your test, Leon?

Aug 12. I keep getting 9-10 wrong on every test. I'm actually at a conference in the States now, but doing MCAT -.-"

Sad life.

Its just that some injuries don't want to go away. I hurt my lower back by doing deadlifts (thanks to my ego and bad form). Now after 5 months I was doing squats with relatively low weight and my lower back gives out :mad: now I am sitting at home, unable to even touch my toes due to back pain. Damn it, I am too young to have back pain :mad:

Hi Minion,

I know this post was back in the threads quite a bit- but you are not alone! I did the same thing last Oct (so... 10 months ago :eek: ) and still get a ton of pain. I've found that a combo of chiro, physio, and acupuncture has helped somewhat but not completely. Have already maxed out my coverage from school, and the stuff I still get from my parents. Sucks. Best of luck to us both!

They were 16 weeks, so definitely still kittens. I look at their baby photos and they were just so precious and tiny! As Sphynx, they were far more wrinkly too.

Since you've never had a kitten before, I will recommend the Petstages teething cat toys for when Persia is teething. They are really good for the kittens to chew on during that stage.

Haha aww I just looked up 'baby sphinx kittens" in google and you're right! So wrinkly haha but very tiny and cute. Wow, 16 weeks? Persia will be about 11 weeks when she gets here.

Yes, I've only had a puppy before and the teething process seemed to last forever! I didn't realize that kitties go through teething :S

Thanks for the suggestion! Were you kitties pretty active when you first got them?

Archived