Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She looks like this: http://www.google.ca/m/search?site=images&source=mog&hl=en&gl=ca&client=safari&q=bengal%20cat&sa=N#i=5

She was supposed to be a breeding female for a breeder but she is incapable of becoming pregnant. So she is breeding quality but didn't cost me the $3000 that the breeder paid for her and she is perfectly healthy otherwise ( it is very common for female Bengals to be infertile)

That is a beautiful cat! Very exotic. I myself have two Siamese cats, one is a chocolate lynx point, and the other is a chocolate seal point.:o

Just payed to reserve a beautiful Bengal, pretty pumped even though I am a dog person at heart(apartment only allows cats so I got the coolest looking and most dog-like cat I could find. They love water and can be taught to fetch and walk on a leash :) at least that's what all the google results tell me)

Congrats! I would have to say, however, that Sphynx are the breed most like dogs. They NEED attention, just like dogs do - they follow you around, they love to go out for walks on their leases, and they also play fetch. Bengals are gorgeous and have great personalities, but Sphynx have been described as a cross between a cat and a dog, so I don't think you get more dog-like than Sphynx. It's what some people love about the breed - that they need a lot of attention and follow you everywhere - and what some don't like so much. ;)

Congrats! I would have to say, however, that Sphynx are the breed most like dogs. They NEED attention, just like dogs do - they follow you around, they love to go out for walks on their leases, and they also play fetch. Bengals are gorgeous and have great personalities, but Sphynx have been described as a cross between a cat and a dog, so I don't think you get more dog-like than Sphynx. It's what some people love about the breed - that they need a lot of attention and follow you everywhere - and what some don't like so much. ;)

Yeah I've heard that about sphynx cats... but they have to be one of the least attractive animals on earth; next to the naked mole rat of course. I am sorry if anyone on here owns a sphynx, but... yeah.. sorry

Yeah I've heard that about sphynx cats... but they have to be one of the least attractive animals on earth; next to the naked mole rat of course. I am sorry if anyone on here owns a sphynx, but... yeah.. sorry

I think they are super cute. And have very lovable personalities. Ahhh I would love to have one someday. He shall be called "Cairo."

But for now I am happy with my fluffball who will be here with me next week. :)

Well at least your a consistent!.. I hate it when I do really good' date=' and the next time i suck ****..[/quote']

I think it's interesting that some people fluctuate while others stay consistent. With me, I feel that the difficulty of every test is different but somehow I get the same score. Today, I literally guessed 5 questions and still got the same score. It's freaky

I think it's interesting that some people fluctuate while others stay consistent. With me, I feel that the difficulty of every test is different but somehow I get the same score. Today, I literally guessed 5 questions and still got the same score. It's freaky

Well, though I don't want to raise your expectations unnecessarily, last year nearly every practice VR I did, I got 11s (which was fine by me, it was enough for UWO) with maybe one or two 10s....and somehow, miraculously, on the actual MCAT I ended up getting a 12 :)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that while the consistent score may well predict your real score, you just may end up surprising yourself for the real thing. In a good way.

Good luck!

^ I'm hoping for the same. I just need a raise by 1 point to meet Western's cut off last year. I'm just desperately hoping for a random streak of luck that will give me a couple extra questions right. We shall see!

Thanks for the advice. It's motivational, regardless of the context :)

I saw my grandma yesterday at the hospital long term wing where she's now been for 4 years with some advanced form of alzheimer or dementia. I hadn't seen her in at least 4 years I think and it was so horrible! I barely recognized her at first! She's so pale and doesn't talk anymore, doesn't react much either with sometimes a smile or tears. My sister talked to her but I spent an hour crying every time she looked at me :( she kept looking at me and my sister so it felt like she knew who we were but it's just so hard... We got a picture with my sister, grandma and grandpa but I couldn't even stand to be in it! I take that from my mom..

Anyways, were staying 2 more days at my uncle's and then going home. Going to go pick some wild blueberries later today too.

I'm pretty nervous about one of my shoulders too.. Seems like I might have partly subluxed it just swimming 3 days ago. I still have spasms! I've really had enough of my 2 surgeries and hoping we can figure out what's going out!

Have you ever seen one in person? IMO, they are much more attractive than bengals, but different strokes for different folks. And they feel SO soft. Just like velvet or velour. Just absolutely gorgeous and stunning. Photos do not do them justice. You really need to see a Sphynx in person to truly appreciate them. :) They are so elegant - they truly look like ancient Egyptian statues. Absolutely incredible!

But hey, like I said, everyone is different. I would take a Sphynx any day of the week over a bengal, but that's me. You obviously like bengals better. Whereas I find bengals very unattractive myself.

Ugh, I have spent the last day obsessing over which laptop to buy, comparing CPU benchmarks, video cards, the usefulness of 2 extra gigs of RAM, etc.

Something as wonderful as a new laptop should not be undermined by such hassle :(

Ugh, I have spent the last day obsessing over which laptop to buy, comparing CPU benchmarks, video cards, the usefulness of 2 extra gigs of RAM, etc.

Something as wonderful as a new laptop should not be undermined by such hassle :(

I just bought a new laptop, so I know how you're feeling! And everyone told me something different when I asked them what to get, which lead to more indecision.

I just bought a new laptop, so I know how you're feeling! And everyone told me something different when I asked them what to get, which lead to more indecision.

Tell me about it! I spent an hour in Best Buy yesterday, nearly half of that with a really nice Geek Squad-man helping me, only to find out that the laptop I wanted wasn't in stock anymore :( --> http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/acer-acer-aspire-15-6-laptop-featuring-intel-core-i3-2310m-as5750g-6480-as5750g-6480/10172199.aspx?path=9adfa71b48d069b38eadff2aac1667a5en02

Now, not having been able to buy it when I was in store, I found another laptop with similar specs, but an i5 with an integrated video card instead of a dedicated one. I'm all confuzzled.

THIS is why I prefer to be a software junkie than a hardware person. All the hardware lingo has given me a headache.

Which laptop did you end up getting?

I've spent my entire day in the Ottawa airport. Got here at 1:30 for a 2:30 flight, which was delayed indefinitely. We got a new plane instead of waiting for our broken one to come in from Toronto. But, the new plane was smaller and 17 people were bumped to a later flight, including me. So I missed my connection in Halifax. And, my new flights out of Ottawa and Halifax are both delayed. So instead of arriving at 8:30 (I'll still be in Ottawa at that time!), I won't get in until 1:33 am, and will have spent a lovely 6.5 hours in the airport. I despise Air Canada at the moment!

I've spent my entire day in the Ottawa airport. Got here at 1:30 for a 2:30 flight, which was delayed indefinitely. We got a new plane instead of waiting for our broken one to come in from Toronto. But, the new plane was smaller and 17 people were bumped to a later flight, including me. So I missed my connection in Halifax. And, my new flights out of Ottawa and Halifax are both delayed. So instead of arriving at 8:30 (I'll still be in Ottawa at that time!), I won't get in until 1:33 am, and will have spent a lovely 6.5 hours in the airport. I despise Air Canada at the moment!

Aww, misskris, that is terrible! In situations like this, friends of mine have been able to at least get some compensation from the airlines/airport such as hotel... honestly, that's the least they could do.

Aww, misskris, that is terrible! In situations like this, friends of mine have been able to at least get some compensation from the airlines/airport such as hotel... honestly, that's the least they could do.

Well they did give me a $10 meal voucher, but only after I already got food cause I was hungry from being here so long. Everything seems to be delayed today, and there's been no indication as to why.

Archived