Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

Total epic fail today. Was baking cupcakes and it's not the first time I've done it so you'd think I'd know what I was doing but turns out that I had set the oven to 350 degrees celsius (when the instructions had stated 350 degrees FAHRENHEIT *face palm*) so now my cupcakes look like burnt charcoal and are hard as rock loll. And turns out my icing wasn't thick enough in texture thus making decorating difficult especially in terms of floral designs. At least I have 3 days to perfect everything before my bday party haha!

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What type of pie?

I always crave blueberry pie.

Well, I think the crust is the most sought-after part.

This summer I've made:

Blackberry

Apple

Blackberry mango

Blackberry peach

Gooseberry

Rhubarb

Strawberry rhubarb

The most interesting pie experience this summer was taking one onto a plane as a carry-on. I wasn't sure if they were going to let me through security, but they did.

My lady likes to bake and i love to eat. A BIG problem in our house.

At xmas she would bake about 100 5x5" tins of goodies (cookies, squares, brownies - everything) to give out to friends, family and clients. There would ALWAYS be a boatload left over and since i have an all of none personality (moderation isnt a word i know) i tend to eat everything thats left during this two week period - even stuff i do not like.

Most people gain a few lbs during the holidays, i'd gain like 20 lol

I know have things under control, she's allowed to bake 3 things and only 2 dozen of each.

Thankfully she doesnt have the time to bake anymore lol

My lady likes to bake and i love to eat. A BIG problem in our house.

At xmas she would bake about 100 5x5" tins of goodies (cookies, squares, brownies - everything) to give out to friends, family and clients. There would ALWAYS be a boatload left over and since i have an all of none personality (moderation isnt a word i know) i tend to eat everything thats left during this two week period - even stuff i do not like.

Most people gain a few lbs during the holidays, i'd gain like 20 lol

I know have things under control, she's allowed to bake 3 things and only 2 dozen of each.

Thankfully she doesnt have the time to bake anymore lol

Check this out.

My parents are bakers and own their own bakery.

I have an infinite amount of baked goods around me during the holidays. It seems to grow exponentially each time I'm there.

The temptation to eat dozens upon dozens of rugelach is ridiculous.

Needless to say I was very chubby as a child.

Check this out.

My parents are bakers and own their own bakery.

I have an infinite amount of baked goods around me during the holidays. It seems to grow exponentially each time I'm there.

The temptation to eat dozens upon dozens of rugelach is ridiculous.

Needless to say I was very chubby as a child.

I know I've said this before, but I really need to make a trip out there and come to the bakery. I'd get some type of discount, right? *cough*free*cough*

:P

I just realized that Frenchie looks like the guy from A-team. HAHAHAHHAHAHA.

I also broke 4 glass mugs.

I put hot water in one to make tea. Cracked.

I put hot water in the next one to make tea. Cracked.

I decided hot water in glass mugs --> bad idea. So I went to put mug 5 back on the shelf. It bumped against the cabinet door, fell to the floor, and broke.

Ugh.

I just realized that Frenchie looks like the guy from A-team. HAHAHAHHAHAHA.

I also broke 4 glass mugs.

I put hot water in one to make tea. Cracked.

I decided hot water in glass mugs --> bad idea. So I went to put mug 5 back on the shelf. It bumped against the cabinet door, fell to the floor, and broke.

Ugh.

What is the definition of insanity.. lol

Archived