Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

hehe hopefully this year is your year! :)

I really want to do ortho. Everything about it fits my personality and interests, and talking with my ortho friend (from swimming!) just increased my interest. I'll be doing research with an ortho (who's a friend of my friend) next summer for sure (confirmed, we just need to make a plan for a project). Plan B being getting through 2 years of FM to specialize in sports medicine ;) Of course anything can happen in the next few years, but sports is really my interest.

Mine too but have a feeling I'll be shifting to the 2+1 idea should my time roll around. The idea of being 45+ and doing residency doesn't thrill me AT ALL lol

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mine too but have a feeling I'll be shifting to the 2+1 idea should my time roll around. The idea of being 45+ and doing residency doesn't thrill me AT ALL lol

lol yeah I can understand! If I do go ortho I'll finish when I'm 40 and I can deal with that. Actually pretty funny that people in my class at first don't believe me when I say I'm 30 ;) I really don't mind lol.

Are you now an official book girl?

Oh! Still waiting to hear about that one *crossing fingers*.

But, I got the news yesterday I'll be continuing on with my research job! I was so scared I was going to lose it because of the budget. But, they have enough to keep me on. I just love the research job so much (y'all know that), so the thought of losing it was just so stressful. Would have left me jobless as well :S But I still have it! And, continuing on with new projects after this one officially closes :P It's flippin' awesome news that helps counter a stressful week.

Speaking of which, my parents are going to visit my sister tomorrow and my mom will stay with them for the biopsy, and will drive them there. Makes me feel relieved that my sis will have more family there since I can't be with them. And that they will have someone to look after her bf when my sister has to work (even though he's on anti-seizure meds, the thought another may reoccur frightens them). Just taking it one day at a time. The wait for next Monday seems like forever... Lots of ups and downs in terms of their morale. But her bf is such a brave young guy being faced with so much. So proud of him. And my sister.

Archived