Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dear pm101, I am in need of your prayers for my mom who's in the hospital.

Sorry to hear, I hope she gets better soon!!

Going to see the Alouettes play tomorrow afternoon against Winnipeg, so I have the rest of today to do some (a lot of) work. Bioethics to read, microbio to study.. Weird, it feels like now that I'm older I'm so scared of falling behind but when I get to exams I have less to study.. can't help it!

I might just go for a 2nd quick run today. I love running outside when it's cooler during the fall.

*e-hugs* hockeywhiz! I hope things work out ok!

Almost done making dinner!

Spinach & Cheese Ravioli in Roasted Garlic&Onion sauce with breaded Chicken Cutlets as my protein!

I feel like such an adult.

Im eating pasts later on and chowing down on a whole cake and some ice cream. Life is good! :D

Both of you are fairly new to the forum (considering).... so I'll just fill you in on some rules here......

If you make something (or are eating something) really good, you are required to share with me because I'm the self proclaimed pm101 food taster. Just to make sure nothing bad knocks off any future (or current!) medical students ;)

I kid, I kid. You're seriously making me jealous though. The best I got is making some blueberry/strawberry muffins tomorrow and some homemade mint chocolate chip cookies :D... I hope they taste as good as the ones my mom makes or I'll be very disappointed.....

EDIT: You know you're a premed when you're studying on a Saturday night at 9:30.... and it's only 2 weeks into term with nothing due for almost a month........

EDIT: You know you're a premed when you're studying on a Saturday night at 9:30.... and it's only 2 weeks into term with nothing due for almost a month........

Better to be a keener than to be a slack, right? :P

Only if you could buy university marks like you can here: http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1055379--star-investigation-slacking-off-gets-high-marks-at-this-high-school?bn=1

Better to be a keener than to be a slack, right? :P

Only if you could buy university marks like you can here: http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1055379--star-investigation-slacking-off-gets-high-marks-at-this-high-school?bn=1

That's what a lot of people use to try to get into a specific faculty at a specific university...can't speak english or write it? It's okay! We can give you the 90 anyway.

This doesn't surprise me one bit at all. Some ethnic private schools in TO as well, pump grade 12 marks ridiculously high. They go into first year chemistry and they haven't heard of VSPER before.

Let's bring the SAT for university admissions.

If anyone ever tells me that are no injuries in tennis, I will get really angry. Today I had 3 guys whose bodies absolutely fell apart during the match. Talk about running around like a mad person trying to get everything under control and trying to get them some treatment. What a day! Phew.

I hope not all of my weekends are going to be like this. :o

Studying histology is difficult when every time I look at an image I think about how cool it looks rather than what type of cells/tissue they are.

Haha this is so true! I remember taking a histology class and was more fascinated by the different colour of stains on the slies than the actual name of the tissue:rolleyes:

I'm sitting here, frustrated. This was supposed to be a nice day off where I'd be able to catch up on all the readings and my other favourite things. Instead, I'm dealing with an athlete who doesn't understand "I can't make a diagnosis over the phone". Honestly?!?!?! How out of whack are you?! If I can't palpate your injury site and I can't see it, how in the world am I supposed to tell you what is wrong with it?! :rolleyes:

Archived