Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah ok. I have a RAY position and it's 10 hrs a week at $15/hour so it ends up paying more than the scholarship I think.

My bad, I thought James Wu was new this year! It's the first time I've heard of it.

Whats a ray? i searched it up but this all so new to me.

Whats the inside scoop on this? lol

Lol. They are posted on the York Career site. RAY is a type of work/study and it pays a minimum of 15/hr. A lot of students get screwed cause some profs like to post research through the regular work/study listing and then pay some nonsense like $10/hr. So make sure you are looking at RAY positions specifically! Their really easy to apply for- most just want a resume and CV (not even a cover letter!) so you can apply for like 10 of them and then pick which one you like most from your offers.

There are also CLAY positions that pay ~12/hour which are generally paid advising jobs.

But it said that it required like summer courses and you needed proof of financial need?

Finally, another person here who doesn't watch Scrubs. I was starting to think I was the only one.

House reminds me of me LOL

When I tell people who know me that I'd like to go to medical school their first reaction is... omg House!

Not sure that's a good thing. Maybe they just see the same level of brilliance in myself... yeah, that's it :D

Lol. They are posted on the York Career site. RAY is a type of work/study and it pays a minimum of 15/hr. A lot of students get screwed cause some profs like to post research through the regular work/study listing and then pay some nonsense like $10/hr. So make sure you are looking at RAY positions specifically! Their really easy to apply for- most just want a resume and CV (not even a cover letter!) so you can apply for like 10 of them and then pick which one you like most from your offers.

There are also CLAY positions that pay ~12/hour which are generally paid advising jobs.

lol they are not that easy to get... most profs already have students that they want to give the position to...

same thing with the CLAY jobs... all the bethune ones are already taken like months before they are posted

Ah ok. I have a RAY position and it's 10 hrs a week at $15/hour so it ends up paying more than the scholarship I think.

My bad, I thought James Wu was new this year! It's the first time I've heard of it.

yeah it really depends on the position... some start late and do not require you to put in hours every week

I just looked at job postings, theres really nothing much.. mostly all physic-related stuff which is my not my thing considering the last time I took physics was in grade 11.

yeah thats what I meant... even in the peak months, theres not that many of them posted... and half of them are arts and boring stuff... I don't know how one can get multiple offers... lol

I just looked at job postings, theres really nothing much.. mostly all physic-related stuff which is my not my thing considering the last time I took physics was in grade 11.

lol @

Psychology Research Assistant

apply Close

Posted: Sep 21, 2011

Division N/A Related Field(s) Research

Position Start Date September 26, 2011 Approximate Hours Per Week 10

Salary Level

Its a volunteer position that is 10 hours/week :rolleyes:

and here :P

and here! lol

House reminds me of me LOL

When I tell people who know me that I'd like to go to medical school their first reaction is... omg House!

Not sure that's a good thing. Maybe they just see the same level of brilliance in myself... yeah, that's it :D

lol :D :D

lol @

Psychology Research Assistant

apply Close

Posted: Sep 21, 2011

Division N/A Related Field(s) Research

Position Start Date September 26, 2011 Approximate Hours Per Week 10

Salary Level

Its a volunteer position that is 10 hours/week :rolleyes:

I didnt want to apply for that one because it required a cover letter AND transcripts and I just dont have the time right now lol.

I didnt want to apply for that one because it required a cover letter AND transcripts and I just dont have the time right now lol.

no I was rolling eyes... because its silly for anyone to apply for a 10 hour VOLUNTEER position

almost all ray jobs require transcripts... workstudy jobs are that ones that have some jobs that require only a resume

no I was rolling eyes... because its silly for anyone to apply for a 10 hour VOLUNTEER position

almost all ray jobs require transcripts... workstudy jobs are that ones that have some jobs that require only a resume

lol is it? Well the one I saw wasnt.

Anywho, do you actually have to order your transcripts and go through that huge deal?

Soo lame. Maybe I'll jsut do this in the summer when I'm not killing myself to find time.

Archived