Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't been posting in a long while. Just chiming in to say hi to everybody' date=' I hope all is well on your end of the monitor. :)[/quote']

Hey ABS :)

Nice to hear from you!

I can't wait for thanksgiving dinner... mmm! Family is traveling to see me and I am so excited that I'll be making a massive feast.

On the menu:

aubergine cavier

truffled cream cheese

spiced pumpkin soup

24 hour layer salad

Butternut squash lasagna

Roasted potatoes

Creamy vegetables

Fresh baked soft tray buns

Roasted turkey (for the meat lovers)

And for dessert:

Pumpkin pie and pear tarte tatin

everything is going to be made by scratch :D

wow, what a stick in the mud that TA is!

I'm rarely serious, but I can kind of see where the TA is coming from. It's a huge privilege to use cadavers for learning. Generally, joking around with the material (even if it's light hearted, which I'm sure it was) isn't viewed as "respectful".

Nice to hear from you!

I can't wait for thanksgiving dinner... mmm! Family is traveling to see me and I am so excited that I'll be making a massive feast.

On the menu:

aubergine cavier

truffled cream cheese

spiced pumpkin soup

24 hour layer salad

Butternut squash lasagna

Roasted potatoes

Creamy vegetables

And for dessert:

That sounds delicious (except the turkey...). With all those dishes, I bet the meat eaters wouldn't even miss it.

One midterm done, 3 more to go... I thought it was ok but many found it really hard.. On to microbio now which is so much more fun! :D With a sprinkle of anatomy to stay on track.. they're my favorite classes!

Ortho appointment is still next week, hoping he has some sort of good news / positive outcome for me.

Oh yeah.. stop running when your shoes wear down! I didn't realize it at the time but now I'm stuck with shin splints :( Just for a few extra weeks...

Nice to hear from you!

On the menu:

aubergine cavier

truffled cream cheese

spiced pumpkin soup

24 hour layer salad

Butternut squash lasagna

Roasted potatoes

Creamy vegetables

And for dessert:

OMFG.

TRAY BUNS.

ARE

THE

BEST.

THE BEST.

*DROOL*

I cannot believe how rude people are to talk during lectures. Rude to the prof and to classmates around you.

Notice it *seems* to be mostly girls too.

And the bigger the class, the more annoying it gets! I'd say in my class it's proportionally even between girls and guys..

How do you cut 82 words from a sociology paper? I've been trying to for 1/2 hour now and it's not working! lol

I cannot believe how rude people are to talk during lectures. Rude to the prof and to classmates around you.

Notice it *seems* to be mostly girls too.

I'm used to people whispering in class, but I cannot believe how many here are flat out TALKING in class. Like extremely audibly. If I was in a *****y mood I'd say something, but I've come to the realization that a lot of the younger generation (lol... can't believe *I'm* saying that already:rolleyes:) just don't give a sh!t. They feel that the world revolves around their butthole and if you were to point it out that they're being rude, they'd likely tell you to F-off or the like. :mad: There is very little common courtesy I find anymore.....

And the bigger the class, the more annoying it gets! I'd say in my class it's proportionally even between girls and guys..

How do you cut 82 words from a sociology paper? I've been trying to for 1/2 hour now and it's not working! lol

Cut words like "however", "therefore", "also", etc. Look at every sentence- if one sentence (no matter how much you love it) doesn't DIRECTLY relate back to it. Chop it.

It's hard to give concrete advice without actually seeing it. Leave it for a bit, come back, and then try again. That usually helps me (I totally know where you're coming from, trust me!)

General question: So with the threads being made, I have an idea of HOW people study. My question is how many days in advance do you study for your typical midterm? Or hours?

Depends on the course. Sometimes a week, sometimes a day or two. Or in the case of some language classes I've had.... I study for about an hour and a half and call it good....

Cut words like "however", "therefore", "also", etc. Look at every sentence- if one sentence (no matter how much you love it) doesn't DIRECTLY relate back to it. Chop it.

It's hard to give concrete advice without actually seeing it. Leave it for a bit, come back, and then try again. That usually helps me (I totally know where you're coming from, trust me!)

I know! I'm waiting to hear on whether footnotes/references are counted. If they're not I'm good. Otherwise it's going to be extremely hard because every single sentence relates directly to the subject! Let's say I could write a much much longer text... We'll see.

I know! I'm waiting to hear on whether footnotes/references are counted. If they're not I'm good. Otherwise it's going to be extremely hard because every single sentence relates directly to the subject! Let's say I could write a much much longer text... We'll see.

references and footnotes are not generally considered part of word counts on a paper or so I've found currently and in the past.

I'm used to people whispering in class, but I cannot believe how many here are flat out TALKING in class. Like extremely audibly. If I was in a *****y mood I'd say something, but I've come to the realization that a lot of the younger generation (lol... can't believe *I'm* saying that already:rolleyes:) just don't give a sh!t. They feel that the world revolves around their butthole and if you were to point it out that they're being rude, they'd likely tell you to F-off or the like. :mad: There is very little common courtesy I find anymore

This. Absolutely right they do this and it just infuriates me to no end.

Whispering I can handle, as you said but outright talking is just soo frigging rude. Why did you come to class if all you were going to do was yak through the 3 hours?

Med school backpacks are good, until you start mistaking your backpack for other peoples', and lose your stuff because you accidently put it in the wrong bag!
Mostly everyone in our class has distinguishing "tags" on their backpacks. Mine's a Yoshi plush keychain and my UBC med student ID.

Archived