Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Life has a funny way of working out....

Found out I have a legitimate medical reason for why I'm tired all the time and get frequent headaches (among other things). Thank goodness it's an easy fix! But the scary thing is that I likely wouldn't have known if I hadn't moved to Toronto because I wouldn't have bothered waiting the months for an appointment for something completely unrelated to this diagnosis (really strange how that works out...). Had it been left longer, it could have gotten really serious.

Moral of the story: God/fate/life/whatever-you-believe has a funny way of working sometimes :)

I'm glad to hear that things are working out for you. And it is really interesting how things turn out sometimes!

Reminds me of Leon's iodine deficiency thing. Except his condition wasn't real.... LOL
Wait...what?

Reminds me of Leon's iodine deficiency thing. Except his condition wasn't real.... LOL

Wait...what?

LOL hilarious that you remember.

I was basically a brain dead zombie last year and suspected it was some kind of mineral deficiency. Turned out the bloodwork was fine and it was just me overworking myself into an early grave.

At least it's different now. :D

Today officially sucks. :(

Couldn't sleep all night... You know cnb how you say "God/fate/life/whatever-you-believe has a funny way of working sometimes"? I don't think it's funny anymore. I used to think this, but as of yesterday I don't believe in anything.

Damn... I think I saw my life crash and burn in front of me yesterday. It was not a pleasant feeling.

Question from student on FB:

Her: "did we go over glycolysis and the citric acid cycle in lecture?"

Me: "yes, a whole lecture and a half devoted to it and about 4 pages worth in our course notes. Were you asleep?"

Her: "i have another class during that time slot and cant go"

Me: " so you signed up for two classes during the same time period amd on the same days?

Her: "yes"

Me: "so, we should help you out with lecture information because you werent bright enough to not take two classes at the same time and on the same days"

Her: "it would be nice"

Uhhh WTF?

Bwahahah!

I'm procrastinating again this morning trying to decide which of my pens I like best. Yes it's a really hard choice between my fine point Bics (better color and finer) and medium point Zebras (a bit heavier, but retractable!). No I'm not obsessive at all with this (and it's been going on since Sept) :D

Question from student on FB:

Her: "did we go over glycolysis and the citric acid cycle in lecture?"

Me: "yes, a whole lecture and a half devoted to it and about 4 pages worth in our course notes. Were you asleep?"

Her: "i have another class during that time slot and cant go"

Me: " so you signed up for two classes during the same time period amd on the same days?

Her: "yes"

Me: "so, we should help you out with lecture information because you werent bright enough to not take two classes at the same time and on the same days"

Her: "it would be nice"

Uhhh WTF?

Geez. Get with the times! Taking 2 classes at once is just how kids roll these days. lol

Bwahahah!

I'm procrastinating again this morning trying to decide which of my pens I like best. Yes it's a really hard choice between my fine point Bics (better color and finer) and medium point Zebras (a bit heavier, but retractable!). No I'm not obsessive at all with this (and it's been going on since Sept) :D

Bics. There, decision made for you!

Bwahahah!

In my business life i had a pen fetish. Had a huuuge collection lol

Now days as a student, pencils are my bff hah

In my business life i had a pen fetish. Had a huuuge collection lol

Now days as a student, pencils are my bff hah

I never use pencils anymore, except on exams. My problem is that I *need* to pick just one and then everything has to be the same.. like I said, not obsessive at all!! I think I'm going to go for the black Zebras for now and see how it goes. This is so stupid!!! Ugh.

EWWWWWWWWWWW. PENCILS.

Black ink. Only.

No zebras. Go with the Bic.

Are those ballpoint pens? Go with ink.

I don't like ink, bleeds through too much! I much prefer ballpoint :P

I like zebras. Pens and animals alike.

Hehe.

Would you believe I'm still thinking about this? I feel absolutely stupid yeah.. Today I tried black, dunno it just blends too much with the text it seems. Probably going back to blue, which one is a mystery :D

Microbio midterm tomorrow.. lots of stuff to review yet but I don't really feel like it.

You're using the wrong ink pens and/or wrong paper.

Any good suggestions then? I'm all ears. I don't think the paper is the problem (and most is from course packs we buy) so maybe I just haven't found the right pens :)

I really like my black Zebra ballpoint pens, but wish they were finer than they are.. They write insanely smoothly for me, but it just looks a little heavy.

C - I'll giving black a try again.

Any good suggestions then? I'm all ears. I don't think the paper is the problem (and most is from course packs we buy) so maybe I just haven't found the right pens :)

I really like my black Zebra ballpoint pens, but wish they were finer than they are.. They write insanely smoothly for me, but it just looks a little heavy.

C - I'll giving black a try again.

Give these pens a try: they write well on hospital paper too!

Bic Triumph Review

:) I prefer paper that feels thick and will glide. Train your fingers, young ninja.

Give these pens a try: they write well on hospital paper too!

Bic Triumph Review

:) I prefer paper that feels thick and will glide. Train your fingers, young ninja.

Duh I feel stupid.. I actually read that post of yours when you first posted it! I knew I'd seen the blue vs black thing too but kept thinking it was on Cerena's blog for some reason. Think I'll go have a look and see if I can find them around here :)

Archived