Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I posted that i was gonna have one in that york phys/anatomy thread. No one replied.

I guess y'all are just too smart :P

I wish I had time, I still have to STUDY. I havent even studied for that class yet. I think everythings starting to sink in right now cos I'm having mini panic attacks today. 5 midterms and 2 assignments in three weeks!! aaaaah:(

that being said, see you all in three weeks!! LOL.

As negative as that post was, it is an interesting topic. I think adcoms are starting to look for more unique EC's and getting away from the cliché ones (such as hospital volunteering or organizing a small club).

Yeah I agree it was an interesting topic, just not the way to put it down.

Microbio midterm is done!! And it was almost ridiculously easy (I think lol). Next up is anatomy (yay!) and then molecular bio in 2 weeks (nothing much that's new for me but still, mostly DNA replication/transcription/translation). I need to catch up a little on a few classes from yesterday and today, and then I think I'm having a Grey's marathon evening :D

Yeah I agree it was an interesting topic, just not the way to put it down.

Microbio midterm is done!! And it was almost ridiculously easy (I think lol). Next up is anatomy (yay!) and then molecular bio in 2 weeks (nothing much that's new for me but still, mostly DNA replication/transcription/translation). I need to catch up a little on a few classes from yesterday and today, and then I think I'm having a Grey's marathon evening :D

I know transcrption and translation pretty well now! Yay me lmao

I know transcrption and translation pretty well now! Yay me lmao

Haha! I covered all the material up to now last winter when I had to retake my basic bio courses from cegep so it's still pretty fresh in my memory.

I feel old today... dunno why but I'm on a I'm-the-only-older-student-in-my-class-that's-still-single phase. Right now I feel like meeting someone would be great. But then I won't force it either, and most people around me are 10 years younger! And my current loneliness combined with exams means I again spend way too much time on the internet doing nothing.

And I need to figure out some plan for food and free time.. I've always had a strict schedule and now that I'm not training full-time, I find it hard to organize my time. I still work out once a day (either early morning before class, or between classes), but besides that I feel so unorganized! And it's like I never have the time or imagination or motivation to cook either :/ Or maybe I just need to learn to function without a strict schedule :o Oh life crisis..

Just finished with our Friday anatomy dissections. Did the middle mediastinum today and cut out the heart. God, I love med school. Thinking now of going into surgery.

I do a lot of patient volunteer work and I suspect you'll be the type who will want to practice every specialization haha.

You really love med school, Mith, which is awesome to hear :)

You do a premed year in Qc?

At UdeM, McGill and Laval yes for cegep students, and people with UGs in non-related fields like myself (varies by school). At UdeM we take cell bio, molecular bio, physiology, anatomy, genetics and so on. So I'll be an MD in 5 years. It's actually quite useful to do all that before starting PBL next year.

I feel old today... dunno why but I'm on a I'm-the-only-older-student-in-my-class-that's-still-single phase. Right now I feel like meeting someone would be great. But then I won't force it either, and most people around me are 10 years younger! And my current loneliness combined with exams means I again spend way too much time on the internet doing nothing.

I'm 19 and feel that this is ahead for me, ahaha.

when the timing is right it will happen :)

LIES! You could say that about anything but it's not comforting. Cos the timing will possibly NEVER be right.

I'm a logical kind of person, I don't rely on faith so all of that is BS... you'll find a guy if you put yourself out there aha.

LIES! You could say that about anything but it's not comforting. Cos the timing will possibly NEVER be right.

I'm a logical kind of person, I don't rely on faith so all of that is BS... you'll find a guy if you put yourself out there aha.

but timing still needs to be right for that to happen. Everything in life really is about timing. Look back at history and you'll realize things happened when they did because the time was right. The telephone, mobile explosion, apple products, etc.

the ideas for a lot of things existed well before they were developed but TIME was needed before they could come to fruition. Avatar was written in 1980 but wasn't made for almost 30 years later. Why? Technology for it did not exist yet.

:)

but timing still needs to be right for that to happen. Everything in life really is about timing. Look back at history and you'll realize things happened when they did because the time was right. The telephone, mobile explosion, apple products, etc.

the ideas for a lot of things existed well before they were developed but TIME was needed before they could come to fruition. Avatar was written in 1980 but wasn't made for almost 30 years later. Why? Technology for it did not exist yet.

:)

well yeah I agree with that part, but I don't care what people say, timing is NOT everything. :P

well yeah I agree with that part, but I don't care what people say, timing is NOT everything. :P

Actually it is. Timing is also luck, but people can influence their luck to an extent. Lots of opportunites will be there if you are proactive and put yourself out there. That goes for relationships and life in general. You can't catch a fish if you don't have a line in the water.

Actually it is. Timing is also luck, but people can influence their luck to an extent. Lots of opportunites will be there if you are proactive and put yourself out there. That goes for relationships and life in general. You can't catch a fish if you don't have a line in the water.

clearly you've never seen bert and ernie fishing!

clearly you've never seen bert and ernie fishing!

HAHAHAHA! If there were a like button on here, I definitely would :D

When my brother and I were really young, that's how we'd fish. Especially if we weren't catching anything. Dad told us we would have to be really quiet not to disturb the fish, but after awhile, as a kid, you get bored being so quiet... So what did we do? "HERE FISHY FISHY FISHY" At the top of our lungs :D Interestingly it seemed like we'd start catching fish easily after that.....

:D

HAHAHAHA! If there were a like button on here, I definitely would :D

When my brother and I were really young, that's how we'd fish. Especially if we weren't catching anything. Dad told us we would have to be really quiet not to disturb the fish, but after awhile, as a kid, you get bored being so quiet... So what did we do? "HERE FISHY FISHY FISHY" At the top of our lungs :D Interestingly it seemed like we'd start catching fish easily after that.....

:D

lmaoooo this is so cute.

Archived