Premed 101 Forums

Quebec Lawyer contemplating Med School

Yeah, i'm trying to avoid that path. Logically, it would be the easiest path, but also the longest path. I'm searching for a counsel who could help me finding the most logic and fastest track. Really can't go back to Cegep, I will feel so old :D

There must a one year, late application premed program somewhere, at least closer from Grenada!

if you have the money, there's some really good one-year programmes for people with no pre-reqs at places like bryn mawr and others. google "bryn-mawr, aamc" and you should get to the page that will tell you about the one-years. however, they too have an application cycle which you missed for this coming fall.... but they are good to know about. these are different from the one-year masters which are for people who already have the pre-reqs. reserach these through aamc, you'll figure it out. also, through studentdoctor.net, go to the post-bac page and read about the differences. some of those one-years have linkages to really good schools in the states, some don't..... but think it through! take a course now through cegep or whatever, cause if sciences have a learning curve for you (they did for me) you don't wanna have that reflect in the gpa....

all the best with your research :)

Satsuma: is it a friend of yours? I'm really curious about his academic background.

siobhansiobhan: very helpful, thanks a lot...

Future_doc: Dr. Carmen Mueller would be a good way to find info, but i'll probably try on my own and keep her in mind if i'm less confused after my research :confused:

dsquared28, I am in the same situation as you. I'm a 28 year-old lawyer from Quebec, Bar 2007 (cauz I had a kid). I'm going throught the admissions process right now. I got invited to interviews at all three places where I applied; I had a 3.9/4.33 gpa in unioversity. I went back to Cégep in the fall to do my prerequisite science courses, and I am doing two of them this summer (if I get accepted obviously), all this while working full time as a lawyer - its doable!!!!

There is a program at Université de Montréal where you can do all of the prerequisites in one year only, but you'll have to be full time.

Go for it!

dsquared28, I am in the same situation as you. I'm a 28 year-old lawyer from Quebec, Bar 2007 (cauz I had a kid). I'm going throught the admissions process right now. I got invited to interviews at all three places where I applied; I had a 3.9/4.33 gpa in unioversity. I went back to Cégep in the fall to do my prerequisite science courses, and I am doing two of them this summer (if I get accepted obviously), all this while working full time as a lawyer - its doable!!!!

There is a program at Université de Montréal where you can do all of the prerequisites in one year only, but you'll have to be full time.

Go for it!

That's great law2med!!:)

Go for it!

dsquared28 and law2med, I am also in the same situation as the two of you. I'm a 29 year-old lawyer in New Brunswick (called to the bar in 2006) and I'm also going through the admissions process right now. I only applied to one university because I was missing the English course most others require; however, I didn't have much of a problem with any pre-reqs because I did an undergrad in science before going to law school.

law2med - which schools did you apply to?

Best of luck to both of you!!

dsquared28 and law2med, I am also in the same situation as the two of you. I'm a 29 year-old lawyer in New Brunswick (called to the bar in 2006) and I'm also going through the admissions process right now. I only applied to one university because I was missing the English course most others require; however, I didn't have much of a problem with any pre-reqs because I did an undergrad in science before going to law school.

law2med - which schools did you apply to?

Best of luck to both of you!!

The Ontario schools and McGill don't require English. At least I didn't take it and I got interviews...

Archived