Premed 101 Forums

MLB 2009 Season

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love that they didn't want to put in a closer, after what happened last time.

And bloody Yanks caught up ..

I think that's being a bit overplayed by some in the media. Doc often pitches games to completion and is super competitive (that was his, I believe, 42nd complete game and third so far this season). During the game, Cito asked doc if he wanted to stay in and doc definitely did. He clearly still had it in him to end the game (still had super sexy pitches in the ninth!). Had Scott Downs come in, I am totally confident he'd have closed the game fine... but given that Doc wanted to stay in and was pitching incredibly, there wasn't a point to take him out!

The last time, Jesse Carlson came up and loaded the bases, gave up some runs... and then it all went to hell. I don't know why Cito kept using Carlson, he has been good at times... but also super shaky. I would rather go with Jason Frasor and Brandon League as set-up men. Since then, though, Cito hasn't been using Carlson as often (I just hope he doesn't fall in love with League too and use him too often).

The Jays, Bosox, Yanks, and Rays all won yesterday. Life in the AL East.

Yah; that is the division to avoid these days.

I dunno; Doc looked a little tired with the bases loaded/threw that brutal wild pitch.

Though he seemed to get his second wind in the 9th.

Any pitcher playing a complete game is risky; but with your best pitcher, it may be better than changing it up.

Yankees vs Red Sox game looks insane... so far:

1-0 boston

tie game

4-1 boston

4-2 boston

6-2 boston

6-3 boston

6-5 boston

top of the 7th now, yanks no out

The Red Sox are SIX and 0 vs the Yanks this season!

Still waiting out the Jays rain delay.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived